GODDARd & GWS ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

GODDARd & GWS ?

Still reading lots of talk about GODDARD & GWS...on Bigfooty. I know it has been going around for a while but there may be something in it.

Brendan is a Saints great ! But if GWS were to offer us the 1st Round choice of their 17 y/o - Jaeger OMEARA and a first round national draft selection perhaps someone like Chad Wingard gees the Saints would have to look at it wouldn't they.

They are talking about Omeara being the top pick next year - so if we can get two quality midfielders and a heap of salary cap relief to go after a key forward they would be silly not to take it wouldn't they?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Sam23
SS Life Member

Don't be silly.

Goddard.
groupie1
Club Player

Sam23 wrote:Don't be silly.
Your ability to hold onto talent in the future is an intangible that gets affected if you start selling out your heart & soul stars for bright young sparks. it was be a f****** stupid thing to even consider considering.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:
Sam23 wrote:Don't be silly.
Your ability to hold onto talent in the future is an intangible that gets affected if you start selling out your heart & soul stars for bright young sparks. it was be a f****** stupid thing to even consider considering.
absoultly agree, the idea of trading Goddard to gws is bulls***, I can't believe some still come up with this crap

I love this club
doggerel
Club Player

Surely there is some limit to GWS's budget. I mean, with the Scully deal on top of Ward., they couldn't seriously expect to snare someone of Goddard's worth as well could they?

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

From what I have read of the trade of Goddard it includes the assumption that art the end of next season he will be going there anyway, with less benefit to the Saints. I dont know if this is bulldust or not. I assume it is

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

doggerel wrote:Surely there is some limit to GWS's budget. I mean, with the Scully deal on top of Ward., they couldn't seriously expect to snare someone of Goddard's worth as well could they?
They have bigger salary cap, they have about 35 first year players on their list on about $50K a year... I reckon they could easily fit a BJ, Pendles in their team....