Etihad Airwaays SPONSORSHIP?? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Etihad Airwaays SPONSORSHIP?? !!

Etihad Airways were very prominent with their sponsorship of the B&F last night. They gave away 4 x $4,000 trips in the raffle, had a very funny skit/ad on the big screens featuring Lenny Hayes and James Gwilt and were match day sponsors at least once during the year where they gave away a trip to Europe.

Could this be a sign of things to come? What do people think? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I would take them any day as a major Sponsor, if they paid the right amount, because as you indicated, they can bring in some attractive "return packages" for Members.

In today's world, the "gambling" industry is not a good look and that view will only get worse with time. I think that we took the "first available opportunity" with Centrebet - no formal announcement either, which shows our "sensitivity."

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Etihad Airwaays SPONSORSHIP?? !!

Eastern wrote:What do people think? !!
I couldn't care any less.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
What a wonderful contribution to the discussion !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

The Jeff
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
Thanks champ. Solid contribution.

FQF
SteveStevens66
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
Ignorant and rude. You just won the daily double.

Carna Saints!!!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SteveStevens66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
YOU BEAWTY!!!! whats the prize?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
SteveStevens66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Following another side.

The Jeff
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
SteveStevens66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Spelling lessons would be a good start.

FQF
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
SteveStevens66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Following another side.
I do, follow 2 actually. Sturt and South Fremantle. Both with an enormous amount of history and success.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Etihad spend a huge amount on Premier League club Manchester City.....

Hope they have some left for the Saints :)

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
SteveStevens66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Following another side.
I do, follow 2 actually. Sturt and South Fremantle. Both with an enormous amount of history and success.
Well child, I support Canterbury in the NRL and have seen 5 flag since 1980, still doesn't give me the right to bag St.Kilda.

But private schoolboys with a sense of entitlement because daddy has given them everything are apparently :roll: :roll:

Maybe one day when you earn something yourself without being handed it you will understand the value of it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
SteveStevens66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Following another side.
+1

Onya Tooley!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Buckets
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
SteveStevens66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Following another side.

And your apart of the CS????

WOW! :roll:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Word on the street is the club will be looking for sponsorship opportunities from Asian companies at the end of the year. Fingers crossed.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
SteveStevens66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Following another side.
Well child, I support Canterbury in the NRL and have seen 5 flag since 1980, still doesn't give me the right to bag St.Kilda.

But private schoolboys with a sense of entitlement because daddy has given them everything are apparently :roll: :roll:

Maybe one day when you earn something yourself without being handed it you will understand the value of it.
again you bring the 'private school boy' crap into it.

first of all, where did i bag the saints? i said i don't care about the sponsorship. not the club.

and what does 'daddy' have to do with this? it was his decision to send me to a private school. it was your daddys decision to send you to public. so what? i had no say in what school i go to, I'm just fortunate enough to be sent to a private one, where really at the end of the day in year 12 all schools teach and expect the the same thing from their students. Theres no real difference, just lay off it.

And what exactly do you mean "earn something yourself?" what exactly gets handed to me?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Exhibit A as to why our cheer squad is the laughing stock of the league

Bring back the Lockett era
savatage
SS Life Member

I know this one is hard to remember - but Etihad actually sponsors our home stadium.

bennymac5
Club Player

[quote="CeilidhSaint"]Word on the street is the club will be looking for sponsorship opportunities from Asian companies at the end of the year. Fingers crossed.[/quote]
End of year? It already is?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
that doesn't make sense- attacking a poster on an assumption
can you provide evidence that saints cheersquad is any worse than the pies cheersquad- in other than some saints ' supporters' eyes :shock:

have you checked with those you sit with at games as to their interest in or knowledge of the Clubs sponsors>>>>>

there are many outspoken saints Supporters on this site... do you attack them for involvment in the club- as members if such- for having strong opinions or being willing to defend them--or not if it's their choice
atleast Dools puts in some effort to be INVOLVED in the club....

I'm not asking how you are involved and this site doesn't expect people to declare their involvment levels before making comment but what bearing Does his involvement on one or more sections of the club have on his choice to put himself out there and have an opinion. or not.......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
jonesy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
that doesn't make sense- attacking a poster on an assumption
can you provide evidence that saints cheersquad is any worse than the pies cheersquad- in other than some saints ' supporters' eyes :shock:

have you checked with those you sit with at games as to their interest in or knowledge of the Clubs sponsors>>>>>

there are many outspoken saints Supporters on this site... do you attack them for involvment in the club- as members if such- for having strong opinions or being willing to defend them--or not if it's their choice
atleast Dools puts in some effort to be INVOLVED in the club....

I'm not asking how you are involved and this site doesn't expect people to declare their involvment levels before making comment but what bearing Does his involvement on one or more sections of the club have on his choice to put himself out there and have an opinion. or not.......
+1 :D

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Surely you dont think all CS members are the same as "Saintsdooley", surely you are smarter then thinking just that?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
gringo
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
jonesy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Surely you dont think all CS members are the same as "Saintsdooley", surely you are smarter then thinking just that?
All modern cheersquads are a disgrace- old school cheer squads had beards and sweathog jackets stretched over their extra large frames. These artisans in crepe paper and sticky tape would labour for days and nights producing fine quality assemblages designed to amuse the crowd when they garrotted a couple of players on their way through. They would show blind faith and optimism not surly disdain for half our list.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
again you bring the 'private school boy' crap into it.
Its not crap it is all very relevant
saintdooley wrote:first of all, where did i bag the saints? i said i don't care about the sponsorship. not the club.
You are for ever bagging the saints.
saintdooley wrote:and what does 'daddy' have to do with this?
because you have the over self entitlement of a little rich boy that has been all the privileges in life and thinks they deserve it.
saintdooley wrote: it was his decision to send me to a private school. it was your daddys decision to send you to public.
you have no idea where i went to school. You have no idea about me or my life. One thing is for certain, every undergrad, and post graduate degree i have, I have earned off my own bat, not given to me with a silver spoon in my my mouth.

And do you know why you dont know? Because i dont brag about it on the internet.

How do you think I, and everyone who reads your arrogant, selfish, self entitled posts know where you went to school? You wear it as a badge of honour :roll:
saintdooley wrote: so what? i had no say in what school i go to, I'm just fortunate enough to be sent to a private one, where really at the end of the day in year 12 all schools teach and expect the the same thing from their students. Theres no real difference, just lay off it.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Most hilarious, ignorant thing ever posted on this forum. You are totally clueless.
saintdooley wrote: And what exactly do you mean "earn something yourself?" what exactly gets handed to me?

Oh I dont know, only a $20k a year education, with huge extra grants paid by taxpayers while some schools in the western suburbs hardly have the facilities to teach anyone.

Fair dinkum. You demand success, you reckon you support other clubs who have a history of success. This is a direct reference to the Saints lack of success.

Everyone is sick of you and your bagging of the club. Look at the posts above. Everyone sees you as a spoilt little ignoramous who we all wish would piss off and support another team.

You are a disgrace.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: you have no idea where i went to school. You have no idea about me or my life. One thing is for certain, every undergrad, and post graduate degree i have, I have earned off my own bat, not given to me with a silver spoon in my my mouth.

And do you know why you dont know? Because i dont brag about it on the internet.
You have now!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell