Apparently Tom Lynch to Adelaide for Pick 37

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ross who?
Club Player

Apparently Tom Lynch to Adelaide for Pick 37

Trade week radio just said that we will be in a 3 way deal with Richmond and Adelaide.

Ivan Maric to Richmond
Richmond pick 37 to SAINTS
TOM LYNCH to Adelaide

Lynch is in Adelaide getting medicals right now!

Deal will happen in next hour or two according to report.

Terry Wallace reckons that we are getting shafted in the deal.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
karnak
Club Player

depends what we've onsold the 37 for ;)

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Has to be more to it you would hope.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Surely we could have used a 25 year old ruckman...

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Saints94
SS Life Member

InkerSaint wrote:Surely we could have used a 25 year old ruckman...
Will they chuck in James Sellar?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

if that was cahill it would sound about right, for lynch it sounds a bit light on. richmond the big winners there.

that said, i don't really rate lynch on what i've seen so far. no doubt he might turn into a very good third tall defender/half-back flanker, but i'm not sure we need heaps of players in that area. i'm unconvinced about him as a forward at afl level.

as with all trade deals, we won't be able to judge it properly for five years.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

this deal from the herald sun website would seem more fair:

Tom Lynch to Adelaide / Tony Armstrong to Sydney / pick(s) to St Kilda

The Crows are understood to be willing to part with pick 24 – received from Hawthorn in the Jack Gunston trade – as a part of a deal somewhere. Whether that helps to get Armstrong to the Swans with 24 going to the Saints and a few other picks exchanging hands between the teams remains to be seen.

saintnick12
Club Player

If he wants to go anyway, then I can live with pick 37, though I'm sure the club will be trying for better. He may have been a first round pick, bit he hasn't showed much in his limited chances and hasn't been able to force his way in. Much as I hate losing players, he does seem to be one we can live without if we have to move a few on. Second round seems about right given what he have seen so far. In saying that, I hope we are able to get the pick 24 mentioned in the Herald Sun article. That would be a good deal.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
PJ
SS Life Member

You could accept 24 but 37 is getting a bit too far off the mark

IMO - NO DEAL

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:If he wants to go anyway, then I can live with pick 37, though I'm sure the club will be trying for better. He may have been a first round pick, bit he hasn't showed much in his limited chances and hasn't been able to force his way in. Much as I hate losing players, he does seem to be one we can live without if we have to move a few on. Second round seems about right given what he have seen so far. In saying that, I hope we are able to get the pick 24 mentioned in the Herald Sun article. That would be a good deal.

Pelchen might believe there is something better lurking out there. He lost Mc Glynn and Kennedy for jack and still improved the Hawks list. the man's an alchemist.
He just needs a ruckman from nowhere on no money and he will be a star. If it goes through I hope Lynchy gets a good run of games in a developing team and gets to show his wares. If he over looked Maric in a straight swap he must have his eyes elsewhere. I don't rate maric anyway.

defacto
Club Player

f***! he's off to adelaide. deal has been done.

saintnick12
Club Player

defacto wrote:f***! he's off to adelaide. deal has been done.
what was the final deal - 37?

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
defacto
Club Player

pick 37. we better be on trading it or wrapping it up with another one of our players to get something better.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

bergholt wrote:if that was cahill it would sound about right, for lynch it sounds a bit light on. richmond the big winners there.
For Cahill that would be daylight robbery ! .. if you got a 4th round draft pick for Cahill you would be doing well. He has absolutely no currency in the market whatsoever. Or if you put the shoe on the other foot, would you want the Saints to give up pick 37 for a kid who cant hold down a regular spot in the VFL seniors ?

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Good.

Hes not worth much to us.

Pick 37 sounds fair to me.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Wow! pick 37, Tom Lynch must be a pretty hot player.
Afterall Collingwood and many posters here only thought Luke Ball was only worth pick 30.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
PJ
SS Life Member

Not happy 37 is way too back in the pack. Lynchy may not have been a star but he is only young and wouln't have been on much. Can't see how this improves us and with 2 already added to the list.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Can't see how this improves us and with 2 already added to the list.
the new draft pick who comes in for lynch will be on less than lynch was. therefore we're better off from a salary cap perspective. and obviously the club don't rate lynch so they're betting that pick 37 has a good chance of being better in a couple of years. that's how it improves us.

older saint
SS Life Member

Disappointing pick 37.
Either recruiters got this one very wrong in making him 1st rounder or the future will show RL did not provide him the opportunities to prove his worth at senior footy.

Not sure whic way it will go

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Not happy 37 is way too back in the pack. Lynchy may not have been a star but he is only young and wouln't have been on much. Can't see how this improves us and with 2 already added to the list.
If Lynch is the one wanting to go then I can live with it.

When you consider he was a mad Saints supporter he must have pretty good reasons to want to leave and go interstate. I mean, you would think with Lyon gone he would sense a new chance to establish himself in our side.

So it all makes me think that he really, really wants to leave. And if that's the case it's best that we allow that to happen. He's nowhere near a certainty to make it at senior level so I can live with pick 37.

Of course if Pelchen can make something better come out of all this I'll be stoked. :)

saintlee
Club Player

pick 37 doesn't sound like a great deal, but Tom Lynch is not a huge loss for us....

MadSaintFan
Club Player

No big deal - hes been given three years to cement a spot and didnt do so. Pick 37 is about right, maybe a little worse than what we wouldve hoped.

PJ
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
PJ wrote:Can't see how this improves us and with 2 already added to the list.
the new draft pick who comes in for lynch will be on less than lynch was. therefore we're better off from a salary cap perspective. and obviously the club don't rate lynch so they're betting that pick 37 has a good chance of being better in a couple of years. that's how it improves us.
What are we saving around 20k pfft Lynchy would have been on a pretty low pay packet and pick 37? - I hope we've put some serious money into draft data and have a very good understanding of what we are getting around there.

Ross who?
Club Player

No it hasn't YET. Richmond just told Hutchy they are still finalising it.
Probably giving us another DUD along with pick 37.

Daniel Connors, Mitch Morton or Angus Graham Anyone!

Blake Acres fan club VIP
PJ
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
PJ wrote:Not happy 37 is way too back in the pack. Lynchy may not have been a star but he is only young and wouln't have been on much. Can't see how this improves us and with 2 already added to the list.
If Lynch is the one wanting to go then I can live with it.

When you consider he was a mad Saints supporter he must have pretty good reasons to want to leave and go interstate. I mean, you would think with Lyon gone he would sense a new chance to establish himself in our side.

So it all makes me think that he really, really wants to leave. And if that's the case it's best that we allow that to happen. He's nowhere near a certainty to make it at senior level so I can live with pick 37.

Of course if Pelchen can make something better come out of all this I'll be stoked. :)
Hope you're right Doc but this looks a pretty thin deal to me. I guess you just have to go with the people who know - and keep your fingers crossed.