We will finish bottom 4 this year.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

We will finish bottom 4 this year.

The inevitable slide will happen this year. At least the draft will only be partly compromised with compensation picks. Lets stay in the bottom 4 for 4 years and rebuild properly for our next assault on the flag.

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).

Why do you think we have been a top side since 2004? It was because we were forced into a full rebuild. With the Tim Watson debacle and then the Malcolm Blight debacle our beloved St kilda was on the canvas down and out. We won 11 games in 3 seasons and in that time we scummed up 5 top 10 picks and 3 top 20 picks. Through our own ineptitude we were forced to do a major rebuild and that was the catalyst for sustained excellence over the last 8 years.
saintlee
Club Player

I thought we finished 7th this year...

In all seriousness, I think we will probably be sliders next year, but not bottom 4. You can assume Gold Coast and GWS will be bottom 2, then you still have Port and Brisbane who will remain cellar-dwellers....so I think bottom four is very unlikely with the talent we still have.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: We will finish bottom 4 this year.

Parrot_Rosie wrote:The inevitable slide will happen this year. At least the draft will only be partly compromised with compensation picks. Lets stay in the bottom 4 for 4 years and rebuild properly for our next assault on the flag.

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).
I thought you had been Dempstered?
I know you are a recognised Troll - but I will answer anyway.
I believe we have one final crack at the title in 2012 - we will make finals and be deep in contention (assuming good run with injuries).

Rebuild to commence in 2013 - If we cant win in 2012 then we need to face the reality that we wont with one with the currrent core group (dal, bj, roo, chips, lenny, milne, joey).

Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

saintlee wrote:I thought we finished 7th this year...

In all seriousness, I think we will probably be sliders next year, but not bottom 4. You can assume Gold Coast and GWS will be bottom 2, then you still have Port and Brisbane who will remain cellar-dwellers....so I think bottom four is very unlikely with the talent we still have.
I guarantee you Gold Coast will not finish in the bottom 2. I expect them to just about make the top 8. Their improvement will be huge in 2012.

Why do you think we have been a top side since 2004? It was because we were forced into a full rebuild. With the Tim Watson debacle and then the Malcolm Blight debacle our beloved St kilda was on the canvas down and out. We won 11 games in 3 seasons and in that time we scummed up 5 top 10 picks and 3 top 20 picks. Through our own ineptitude we were forced to do a major rebuild and that was the catalyst for sustained excellence over the last 8 years.
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Good to see you're posting again Parrot. You went missing for a while there.

I assume your medication is now working.

Cro
Club Player

Our top end players are that good we would win around 8 games just off their talents unless we tanked.

Oh wait, don't feed the troll.

saintlee
Club Player

Parrot_Rosie wrote:

I guarantee you Gold Coast will not finish in the bottom 2. I expect them to just about make the top 8. Their improvement will be huge in 2012.
No chance IMO. They'll be lucky to win 4 games.

Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Parrot_Rosie wrote:The inevitable slide will happen this year. At least the draft will only be partly compromised with compensation picks. Lets stay in the bottom 4 for 4 years and rebuild properly for our next assault on the flag.

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).
I believe we have one final crack at the title in 2012 - we will make finals and be deep in contention (assuming good run with injuries).

Rebuild to commence in 2013 - If we cant win in 2012 then we need to face the reality that we wont with one with the currrent core group (dal, bj, roo, chips, lenny, milne, joey).
I'll bet you $100 that we won't make the top 8.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:
Parrot_Rosie wrote:

No chance IMO. They'll be lucky to win 4 games.
GC will be super good. But still 3 years off.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Parrot_Rosie wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).

You don't seem to have a lot of faith in Hirdy.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Bottom 8. Possible bottom 4.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Parrot_Rosie wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).

Ill take that.
And dont try it on with "we". I really dont mind if ur a pie fan. I have friends who are pie fans. I sometimes see them on visitation days out at barwon prison. its all cool.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Parrot_Rosie wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).

You don't seem to have a lot of faith in Hirdy.
is he a bomber or a pie?
either way i reckon we will make the 8 unless we get a hell run on injuries.
our top 10 is still darn good and im not sure much more could go wrong than in 2011.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Parrot_Rosie wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).

I'll bet you $100 that Gary Ayers wont be our Head Coach next year!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Middo
Club Player

Parrot_Rosie wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).

I'll give ya a $100 to F*** off... :wink:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
nw7
Club Player

I think the lowest we will finish is 6th, we had a shocking year this year, everything went wrong and we still finished 6th at the end of the home and away season. With a few things going right, Roo and Goddard injury free, Lenny and Gwilt back, improvement from the kids and hopefully re vamping the game plan we will have a very big upside. I think we will start to drop down the ladder 2013 or 2014. I like what Watters has been saying about being a double threat not just defensive and moving the ball fast.

Rosco
Club Player

may not make the 8, but with a good start will be in contention for most of the year. will not be bottom 4. there are a lot of spots from 9 to 14.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Parrot_Rosie wrote:I'll bet you $100 that we won't make the top 8.
Bite my sack you arse bandit.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Can't this Rosie trollop be banned already?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
GoTheTorp
Club Player

Parrot_Rosie wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).

I will bet you $10000 Gary Ayres wont coach us

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Can't this Rosie trollop be banned already?
We could... but I would be interested in knowing who they are, or who they know.

They're posting from an IP that is the same as a numerous amount of regular posters (genuine ones).

They walk amongst us...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).
F*** off Helen

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).
You are a f***wit

I love this club
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

I honestly believe that we will be very unlucky not to make the finals AGAIN, for the 8th time in 9 years, next year.

Top 6-8 still elite. Second teir still good enough. New kids coming through could be anything. And, fresh start, new coach, old demons buried.

We're far more likely to make finals than not...

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
noreason41
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).
You are a f***wit
More civil then i would have said :lol: