what do you do with?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

what do you do with?

older Saints Gear? jumpers, t's , coats etc?

the discussion of scarves ( easier to pack away or hang somewhere)
led me to wonder at what point do you pack away, give away or wear till it drops old saints gear.

I know there have been a few items I have parted with ( but didn't really wear them anyway-
others Like the Canterbury top and member polar fleece- and some t's I just can't seem to let go....

which article of clothing do you- 'hang onto'?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Sporting Globe Sept 24th 1966
Sun Sept 26th 1966
Age Sept 26th 1966

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Probably get counselling............ I am the world's worst at getting rid of Saints gear. My most favourite tshirt ever is totally worn out. Faded, stretched and quite unattractive. I now wear as a nightie, how romantic, lol. Any merchandise pamphlets, fixture magnets, basically anything with St Kilda, a player, our colours, I can't throw out. Letters from the club I can just manage as long as I don't think about it.

So I am a little bit glad the scarves have stopped, because apart from how many do you need, what to do with them? And the caps, I hate caps, NEVER wear them. Throw them out, you are kidding me right...............

Qld Saints Supporter Group
loris
Saintsational Legend

Helen took all our old scarves and caps over to Melbourne a few weeks back and gave them to an opportunity shop in Chapel St Windsor. Hopefully some people want them to treasure them

As yours truly ages she learns not to be a hoarder or too acquisitive.

I try now to let only my mind acquire and hoard things.

Now what was that I meant to bid on e-bay for and where did I put that autographed photo of Allan Jeans I had from the late 1950's?? :? :?

Yours truly

:P :P :P

PaytonPlace
Club Player

My stuff is divided between charitable donations, boxes at the Tip, and a vague attempt to make St Kilda cool and popular in my home town in America...

I know most of my scarfs end up located on the walls of local pubs and in my friends houses. One of the advantages of being a loud American (what, never!) is that I can harangue people back home to put St Kilda stuff up in general stores and pubs around finals time.

Dads den has my old yellow jumper and training jacket (which he considers somewhat sacrilege, being the only non New Orleans Saints items he stocks)

Becca

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I generally donate it to the salvo's but in Perth most of the homeless are dockers supporters (just kidding) whith anything that I have that has some value or is signed I usually donate it to the Western Saints for raffle items ... The only thing I keep forever is the team jumpers I buy and funny enough the scarfs all the polo shirts once the new years one arrives get used as my gardening cloths ... I think I remember some one on here used to sew all the member scarfs together to make a saints blanket ... Might do that one day for a kids bed room

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/