RISK TAKER NEEDED

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

oh when the
Club Player

RISK TAKER NEEDED

With the game there to be won - we did not have a player prepared to take a risk and say I will be the one to win this game for the Saints.

Also there is no tall forward player that demands the ball be kicked to him.

treva23

Re: RISK TAKER NEEDED

oh when the wrote:With the game there to be won - we did not have a player prepared to take a risk and say I will be the one to win this game for the Saints.

I think one of the most important risk takers that didn't take the risk was the coach.
If we weren't getting success out off Kosi or Riewoldt and milne wasnt making a big impact why not put Goddard or Gilbert up forward. Mix things up a bit, something also Ross Lyon didn't do too much. Took a rematch of a grand final for him to send Gilbert up forward. Collingwood Occasionally puts Dane Swan up forward and it usually results in 1 or two goals. Something we would have benefited from at yesterdays match.

My Father named me Trevor after Trevor Barker and Middle Name Anthony after Tony Lockett.
St Kilda is in my blood.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

oh when the wrote:With the game there to be won - we did not have a player prepared to take a risk and say I will be the one to win this game for the Saints.

It will take a while to adjust to taking the game on some more though.

I still think they over possessed the ball, and seemed in two minds.

They have been told for years now to play a certain way, won't happen over night.

Goddard and Dal have already been told they have more licence, patience :)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

treva23 wrote:

I think one of the most important risk takers that didn't take the risk was the coach.
If we weren't getting success out off Kosi or Riewoldt and milne wasnt making a big impact why not put Goddard or Gilbert up forward. Mix things up a bit, something also Ross Lyon didn't do too much. Took a rematch of a grand final for him to send Gilbert up forward. Collingwood Occasionally puts Dane Swan up forward and it usually results in 1 or two goals. Something we would have benefited from at yesterdays match.

I was hoping shackles off the creativity would return but they still over think it sometimes. Getting the ball out of our backline was a real issue and with out the inking runners like Gwilt, Gram and Raph we looked a little light on for that run to space. I hate the playing the boundary and wish they would take the risk occasionally and go long down the line.

I know they're hated on here (besides Gwilt) but we could do with one of those guys or at least Schneider back their for help.