Our WA fans - the best interstate?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Our WA fans - the best interstate?

Round 8 might be another month away but we've already SOLD OUT our WA members allocation for the game v West Coast.

Of course, Saints fans can still buy a ticket through general admission, but I love that demand among our WA fans is so strong.

I'd love to know if there's more the club and Victorian-based supporters can do to build what is clearly a very strong presence in WA. You always see behind the goals a massive amount of St Kilda fans and it seems to be growing each year. Let's not take it for granted.

The House of Pain it may be, and while it's a huge flight from Melbourne, I really get the feeling our boys lift when they see a big St Kilda presence away from home.

People always say how a 'home' crowd might be worth 4 or 5 goals. I reckon our mob over there really reduce it. They're colourful and active and loud (here's the proof - - love when Schneider salutes in front of them!)

As a football fan, it's a big deal in the UK and across Europe when it comes to how many away fans you take to a match. They make such a difference. I've traveled for some Melbourne Victory matches and you can see the players visibly lift when they walk out and see a big presence of away fans. It's not such a big thing in the AFL, or it hasn't been, but I hope that's changing and I hope that Perth can feel that bit less intimidating because of our passionate base out West.

Keep up the good work guys...and is there more we or the club can do to connect with you?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our WA fans - the best interstate?

The main thing is for the Club to continually put pressure on AFL for opposition teams to be allocated more tickets for games at Subiaco. Only half our membership can be lucky to jag a ticket, even tho' they are entitled to one with WA membership. Tickets used to be balloted now it's first in best dressed.

Then again all West Coast and Freo members can't get a ticket to the game week in and week out.

When the new stadium is finally built opposition team members might get allocated a few hundred more tickets I s'pose................ just have to wait till then, we just have to keep making plenty of noise looking into the sun. Half the time we can't see what is going on as the sun blinds us for nealry 3/4 of the game!!!

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

You got to be kidding!
What's the point of buying a membership if you can't get into the match!

Another opportunity awaits!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yup thats the way it is
same in sa, it says you get one with the membership but thats according to avl

we're just lucky each year we have managed to get one for the crows games over here
getting one for the port game is usually as easy as having a shite the next morning after a curry :mrgreen:

The Jeff
Club Player

Being new to Perth (well 10 months new), I was rapt to obtain a ticket for the game and am looking forward to comparing the atmosphere here amongst the Saints fans to that of my Reserved Seat at Etihad. Having been to a few WA Saints gatherings already, there are definitely some passionate fellow Saints fans which is great to see.

FQF
battye
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:The main thing is for the Club to continually put pressure on AFL for opposition teams to be allocated more tickets for games at Subiaco. Only half our membership can be lucky to jag a ticket, even tho' they are entitled to one with WA membership. Tickets used to be balloted now it's first in best dressed.

Then again all West Coast and Freo members can't get a ticket to the game week in and week out.

When the new stadium is finally built opposition team members might get allocated a few hundred more tickets I s'pose................ just have to wait till then, we just have to keep making plenty of noise looking into the sun. Half the time we can't see what is going on as the sun blinds us for nealry 3/4 of the game!!!
Indeed, can't wait for the new stadium.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:You got to be kidding!
What's the point of buying a membership if you can't get into the match!
Ask Eddie.

He reckons Collingwood's aiming towards 100,000 members :shock:

defacto
Club Player

WA saints supporters are very vocal. atmosphere is amazing for such a small crowd. i reckon if we go into the game with a bit of form were in for a really good chance.

St Michele
Club Player

Wel,l I missed out was on the road but am hoping to get some when they go on sale. This game will be special for me my Mum will be over from England and my brother will be here as well. I also have 4 french couch surfers (who have attended some games at the Inglewood already) who are looking forward to a live game. Looking at their faces during a game as they try to not only understand what is going on but also what the crowd around them is saying is entertaining.Should be a good one also looking forward to the game on Friday night should be a good crowd. Are you coming Loris?

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!