He was right

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

He was right

It was the end of an era.

villasaint
Club Player

Re: He was right

he was right to take the money and thats it $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:It was the end of an era.
Yeah , but what does it say about someone who sucks the life out of something , leaving it worse than what you found it .
A really good coach may have highs and lows but they are constantly regenerating . look at sheedy or malthouse .
The interesting thing will be how good freo are in 4 - 5 years , once all their better players are over the hill .

In red white and black from 73
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:
Yeah , but what does it say about someone who sucks the life out of something , leaving it worse than what you found it .
A really good coach may have highs and lows but they are constantly regenerating . look at sheedy or malthouse .
The interesting thing will be how good freo are in 4 - 5 years , once all their better players are over the hill .
Or simply Hill

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

it was allways end of an era. Dont know why so people were in denial. Ross the boss knows his stuff.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
westy
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:it was allways end of an era. Dont know why so people were in denial. Ross the boss knows his stuff.
Koff d**khead

I'm livin' in a madhouse
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Early.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

and so what, he obviously doe not know how to coach a developing team or teach them!

he just ran fro the $$$$$$$$$$

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

After last night Ross is probably thinking - s***, i've got a club that doesn't get shafted by the umps - i have a genuine chance here.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

How about his little pet Dawson?
$300k on last nights performance?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:it was allways end of an era. Dont know why so people were in denial. Ross the boss knows his stuff.
terry Wallace aqnd Eade were the previous coaching "messiahs"
It is my ardent wish that Lyon has every bit as much prtemiership success as both put together!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

At last, some recognition!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
It is my ardent wish that Lyon has every bit as much prtemiership success as both put together!
+ 1. ross will have a similar career path to eade - almost identical i reckon. good start. wont quite get there at 2 clubs. then his message will fall apart a bit and he will go a bit mad. then be back in an assistants role.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:
You mean as coaches, right?

Because as players they have about 10 flags between them :!:

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

mr six o'clock wrote:

Hey, that's a really salient point that I never thought off, he did leave the team in a worse position than when he came in, didn't he? He did a lot of good with it while he had it, but by the time he left it he'd exhausted all it's potential and left nothing in the tank for future campaigns.

Then again, we did hire him to win a flag with what was there rather than build a list capable of challenging in the future, so I guess it's to be expected.

I've gotta say that I've become disappointed again that Ross left. I love what SW is doing, he's the man to take us forward from here and he's by no means incapable of taking us to a premiership, but it's plain to see that Ross is one of the best coaches going around, particularly with regards to team structures and match-day strategies, and that having him as coach of your team gives you a certain advantage over other teams. I was really excited to see him rebuild the list and see where he, Pelchen, and the academy took the team in the next few years, but I guess now we'll never know.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
thoughtcrimes

End of an era? Good riddance. Why is everyone so eager to return to a period of St Kilda history that can only be described as agonizingly sisyphean?

I'm worst at what I do best
For this gift I feel blessed
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

desertsaint wrote:After last night Ross is probably thinking - s***, i've got a club that doesn't get shafted by the umps - i have a genuine chance here.
true

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:
desertsaint wrote:After last night Ross is probably thinking - s***, i've got a club that doesn't get shafted by the umps - i have a genuine chance here.
true
The umps missed plenty of obvious frees for Freo.

They have serious vision issues.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
evo
Club Player

The few that agree with this thread must be
Those who like to be negative
People that want to have Lyons baby
Trolls

Buckets
SS Life Member

Hahahaha if anything I think he was wrong. The fact remains that his team was lucky no more no less. I wonder how much baby oil the Lyon brigade went through on here watching the game...

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
gringo
Saintsational Legend

thoughtcrimes wrote:End of an era? Good riddance. Why is everyone so eager to return to a period of St Kilda history that can only be described as agonizingly sisyphean?

Agree, that match just reminded me of the painful grind we endured for so long. Death by 1000 boring cuts as we wore down the oppositions ability to enjoy their footy. Secretly we all wanted the days of 100 point wins with flamboyantly flawed individuals with their immature lairising and one way mentality.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Funny how a few goals go through instead of points and we are 4 and 0 with the team and Scotty high on their own awesomeness and we'd be talking the start of a new era.

thoughtcrimes

gringo wrote:
thoughtcrimes wrote:End of an era? Good riddance. Why is everyone so eager to return to a period of St Kilda history that can only be described as agonizingly sisyphean?

Agree, that match just reminded me of the painful grind we endured for so long. Death by 1000 boring cuts as we wore down the oppositions ability to enjoy their footy. Secretly we all wanted the days of 100 point wins with flamboyantly flawed individuals with their immature lairising and one way mentality.
I was mostly referring to the fact that for all the highs of 2007-10, those seasons ended in frustration and tears. However your point is also valid. Definitely had to look up the word lairising.

I'm worst at what I do best
For this gift I feel blessed
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Funny how a few goals go through instead of points and we are 4 and 0 with the team and Scotty high on their own awesomeness and we'd be talking the start of a new era.
From the current list of players I'd say that probably only two or three will still be on the list when we next finish top 4.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

thoughtcrimes wrote:
gringo wrote:

I was mostly referring to the fact that for all the highs of 2007-10, those seasons ended in frustration and tears. However your point is also valid. Definitely had to look up the word lairising.

I don't think lairising is a real word just football jargon, anyway from a guy who uses Sisyphean in a sentence that might be a bit rich? I thought Sisyphean meant pertaining to grinding work or toil or something similar?