Rossy's mob getting a nice old touch up by

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Rossy's mob getting a nice old touch up by

Eagles

Low scoring by Dockers as you'd expect...they kicked 3 goals up 'til half time...and they just kicked one solitary point for the whole of the third. Footyexpertsmyarse...they'll be saying dickexcoach is doing what he can with the list...and they'll still be saying he's one of the best coaches in the AFL...but for how much longer

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rossy's mob getting a nice old touch up by

For the Shockers sake I hope they've got a get-out clause

The Jeff
Club Player

:D

FQF
wasaintsfan
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:For the Shockers sake I hope they've got a get-out clause

i dont :) they poached him and did everything in their power to get him.... they screwed harvey over to give lyon the job.... now i hope they keep doing this week in week out..... with this super talented mob.

The Jeff
Club Player

No. They just scored their second behind for the half. The come back is on and is definitely possible given that Ross encourages attacking and free flowing football...

FQF
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Career coach

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

They knew what they were getting into when they signed him. Over on Bigfooty their supporters are convinced that Goddard is the answer to their woes. If I was them I wouldn't bank on it. Couldn't see BJ going back for more of that lockdown footy after playing a more freeflowing brand.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

He has a Plan B, dear Rossy, which is to defend.

Unfortunately he has no Plan A, which involves kicking a winning score.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:They knew what they were getting into when they signed him. Over on Bigfooty their supporters are convinced that Goddard is the answer to their woes. If I was them I wouldn't bank on it. Couldn't see BJ going back for more of that lockdown footy after playing a more freeflowing brand.
like Ro$$ is a career coach, bj is a career footballer. $200 -300k a year more may sway him.

Playing in purple may be our biggest asset :oops:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

My thoughts (from another thread):

Ross Lyon's gameplan worked with St.Kilda because all the role-players he brought in were effective because we had a large core group of superstars who could do the damage and actually win the games instead of just negate the opposition. Freo, on the other hand, DON'T have enough of the required superstar players to enable Lyon's role players and negative gameplan to be effective, so they just look absolutely AWFUL!! :lol:

ALSO we had a squad of completely proffessional, well-trained, well-disciplined players who all bought into the gameplan, whearas I question that the Freo players have really bought into Ross's gameplan the way our boys did and that they have the same high standard of commitment, proffessionalism and hunger for a flag as our core had/has.

Whose laughing now, Fremantle??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Megsie
Club Player

Sorry Ross at least you had "talent" to indoctrinate at the saints.
Me hears the drums beating at freo. Hope the $$$$$$$ were/are
worth it.

Glad to have a coach now who "CARES" about our club & it's future

saintly
Saintsational Legend

its just so funny reading the dockers forum

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951339

either they have the pros and cons for the coach or they try and praise the saints defence.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... 50&page=27

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951334

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Didn't Freo headhunt Lyon so they could get results while they still have Mcpharlin, Sandilands and Pavlich? Didn't they think that the list was basically right, and all they needed was a hard ass to coach them? Isn't that also the spiel that Lyon used to get the gig? I mean, if it was about rebuilding and giving him time, why not give Mark Harvey time? Lyon knows he hasn't got much time.

If can't get Freo into the finals this year and next year, he can kiss goodbye his aspirations of being a career coach. The media in WA and the wealthy backers and supporters won't allow him that luxury. The board won't have the luxury of time either. Imo, it's only a matter of 'when' he gets his marching orders...not if.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

At least some of them know reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike91 View Post
Closing cook:
Ross Lyon: .....
At Fremantle we have McPharlin, Dawson, Silvagni, Grover. We have the talent down back, we don't have to be as defensive as we are.
Actually, mike, with the greatest respect, St Kilda had a back half that s***s all over our current back six, the only decent backaman we have at present is Elvis. When Ross was coaching them, St Kilda had Goddard, Gilbert, Fisher, Gram, Dawson, Gwilt, Dempster and (when facing extra talls) Blake, plus C. Jones and S. Baker as taggers.

We would struggle to do better than one of that lot.

Freo's backline is better this season than for many years, but it is still so far behind what Rosscoe Pekoe had to work with a ST Failda that it isn't funny...

Before Im 85