Looking forward to seeing this on the front page tomorrow

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Re: Looking forward to seeing this on the front page tomorro

Stupid work computers...... it doesn't work for me.

What is it? Someone please tell me?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

HEADLINE - EXPLOSIVE DEVELOPMENTS IN MILNE RAPE CASE.

Should sell a few more papers :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintly
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:Stupid work computers...... it doesn't work for me.

What is it? Someone please tell me?
...AFL Watchdog closes AFL rape probe by: Chip Le Grand From: The Australian May 30, 2012 12:00AM Increase Text SizeDecrease Text SizePrintEmail
Share Add to DiggAdd to del.icio.usAdd to FacebookAdd to KwoffAdd to MyspaceAdd to NewsvineWhat are these?
AN Office of Police Integrity report posted without fanfare on the police watchdog's website has removed the last trace of conspiracy surrounding a 2004 decision not to lay charges against two AFL footballers accused of rape.
The OPI was asked in 2010 to investigate claims aired by two retired detectives that their attempts to build a case against St Kilda footballers Stephen Milne and Leigh Montagna -- neither of whom were charged -- was deliberately hampered by fellow police sympathetic to the club. The Herald Sun newspaper reported earlier this month that as a result of the probe, police would "re-examine" the allegations against Milne, who has consistently denied any wrongdoing.

In an unusual move, the OPI released a brief report titled "OPI investigation into a 2004 Victoria Police rape investigation: Correcting the public record".

The report found that while police improperly leaked information to the media during the investigation, "the OPI investigation established that the police investigation had not been deliberately hampered or inappropriately influenced".

...The report exonerated Senior Sergeant Hans Harms, who at the time of the rape allegations was working as a traffic officer and a trainer at the St Kilda Football Club. Sergeant Harms had been wrongly named in media reports as a source of leaks from the investigation. "At no time did Senior Sergeant Harms have access to information relating to the complaint of rape against the footballers, nor did he in any way interfere in the investigation," the OPI concluded. The OPI probe was begun in 2010 at the request of former police chief commissioner Simon Overland after the former detective who led the investigation, Scott Gladman, publicly claimed his recorded interview with Milne and Montagna had been stolen from his desk, the alleged victim's statement to police had been leaked to the football club and police colleagues had pressured him to make the case go away.

Mr Gladman was supported by another former detective, Mike Smith.

The OPI identified "a number of deficiencies in managing the case", including inadequate handling of perceptions of bias and influence, but concluded the brief of evidence prepared for the OPI was sufficient for the agency to make an appropriate determination on the strength of the case.

The OPI's sole recommendation was for police to review the brief of evidence to ensure all evidence and exhibits were accounted for before it was archived.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Very pleased to see Hans Harms publically exonerated. About time.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
markp
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote: ...AFL Watchdog closes AFL rape probe by: Chip Le Grand From: The Australian May 30, 2012 12:00AM Increase Text SizeDecrease Text SizePrintEmail
Share Add to DiggAdd to del.icio.usAdd to FacebookAdd to KwoffAdd to MyspaceAdd to NewsvineWhat are these?
AN Office of Police Integrity report posted without fanfare on the police watchdog's website has removed the last trace of conspiracy surrounding a 2004 decision not to lay charges against two AFL footballers accused of rape.
The OPI was asked in 2010 to investigate claims aired by two retired detectives that their attempts to build a case against St Kilda footballers Stephen Milne and Leigh Montagna -- neither of whom were charged -- was deliberately hampered by fellow police sympathetic to the club. The Herald Sun newspaper reported earlier this month that as a result of the probe, police would "re-examine" the allegations against Milne, who has consistently denied any wrongdoing.

In an unusual move, the OPI released a brief report titled "OPI investigation into a 2004 Victoria Police rape investigation: Correcting the public record".

The report found that while police improperly leaked information to the media during the investigation, "the OPI investigation established that the police investigation had not been deliberately hampered or inappropriately influenced".

...The report exonerated Senior Sergeant Hans Harms, who at the time of the rape allegations was working as a traffic officer and a trainer at the St Kilda Football Club. Sergeant Harms had been wrongly named in media reports as a source of leaks from the investigation. "At no time did Senior Sergeant Harms have access to information relating to the complaint of rape against the footballers, nor did he in any way interfere in the investigation," the OPI concluded. The OPI probe was begun in 2010 at the request of former police chief commissioner Simon Overland after the former detective who led the investigation, Scott Gladman, publicly claimed his recorded interview with Milne and Montagna had been stolen from his desk, the alleged victim's statement to police had been leaked to the football club and police colleagues had pressured him to make the case go away.

Mr Gladman was supported by another former detective, Mike Smith.

The OPI identified "a number of deficiencies in managing the case", including inadequate handling of perceptions of bias and influence, but concluded the brief of evidence prepared for the OPI was sufficient for the agency to make an appropriate determination on the strength of the case.

The OPI's sole recommendation was for police to review the brief of evidence to ensure all evidence and exhibits were accounted for before it was archived.
That's way too long and complicated for filth supporters to chant... or even find, read, and comprehend for that matter.

I'm tipping they'll just stick with their shared enjoyment of screaming "rapist!". Wholesome family fun at the footy.

Btw, why are filth supporter murder cases so hard to solve?

No dental records and all the DNA matches.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Good to see it took 8 f'n years to at last put this to rest.

It wont stop the fans of 17 other clubs cahnting "rapist" though. Ive long given up hope of that.

Oh BTW: what has 2,000 arms 2,000 legs 1,000 eyes 4 teeth and 1 brain cell?

The Collingwood Cheer Squad of course

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Milne ‘rape' investigation sufficient - OPI

a lousy heading from the HS

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Crap story all round and one that I've had the gross misfortune to have to delve into semi-professionally recently. Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one. Ergo I've been surrounded by arseholes. A horribly winless and hopelessly mismanaged situation situation.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The latest development was only ever a police corruption story, you know the journos went too far when they had Caro having a go at them.

I'd love to say that's it now, all over....but we've thought that before.

Even for the sake of people attending games who do not need to be subject to these kind of tirades due to sensitive reasons, of which Mrs SS enlightened us all, let's hope it's over and gone.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Very pleased to see Hans Harms publically exonerated. About time.

So is the Ormond junior footy club.

jays
Club Player

this is really draging on