Not the runner again!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Not the runner again!

Aaaaaaaargh!!!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Austinnn
Club Player

Re: Not the runner again!

You'd think Hudson would know better. Sheesh.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Solar
Saintsational Legend

why was it a free? How did he effect the play. Did not stop the ball, did not block a player. The richmond player kicked it to him. Pathetic umpiring like usual.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:why was it a free? How did he effect the play. Did not stop the ball, did not block a player. The richmond player kicked it to him. Pathetic umpiring like usual.
Good grief!! Even I'm not that one- eyed. It's the runner's responsibility to keep out of the play. The fact that the Tigers player kicked it towards him is no excuse whatsoever. Look at the rules.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Solar wrote:why was it a free? How did he effect the play. Did not stop the ball, did not block a player. The richmond player kicked it to him. Pathetic umpiring like usual.
Good grief!! Even I'm not that one- eyed. It's the runner's responsibility to keep out of the play. The fact that the Tigers player kicked it towards him is no excuse whatsoever. Look at the rules.
I thought it was a harsh call...The kick went to two of our blokes off the side of the Richmond player's boot. Not a tiger player for 20m!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Was a crap call by the umpire. If you have no options up the ground just kick it to the runner.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
wasaintsfan
Club Player

i think it was a poor place to be by runner... but it was a kick off the side of the boot that put it out there.... surely the runner cant be blamed because a professional cant kick a ball????? but was technically there i guess :(

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Later in the game, the Richmond runner ducked under the ball as it was being passed to another Tiger. He seemed a lot closer to it than Hudson and wasn't caught out by a kick off the side of the boot.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

My god... the runner was 10m from the interchange gates and the kick came off the side of his boot. Gwilt was 5m off the ball and the runner was in Gwilts way. Runner got in the way in the last 1/4 too but nothing done about it. Was a howler of a decision.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I agree that the Richmond player's kick came off the side of the boot, but our runner was very exposed.

Somehow the runners from other teams seem generally to be able to avoid these situations, but ours quite often don't!!

- Jonathan Swift
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Was dead unlucky. Shocking kick put him under the gun. Clearly if in trouble kick it at the runner and get a free. New tactic, bit like the free man coming off the bench. Dennis Cometti called it un-Australian. Good line.

wallbanger
Club Player

I thought it was a poor decision too - what was he supposed to do? Was running to the bench, it was a poor, ill-directed kick that was suddenly coming straight at him - was he expected to just disappear into thin air? Didn't touch the pill, his being there didn't alter the outcome of the kick or the play at all - ludicrous.

Was watching the game with a Richmond, Geelong and Hawthorn supporter who all agreed it was a poor decision.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)