Are you really happy with that?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Are you really happy with that?

Are you honestly happy with a side that decides to REALLY have a friggin go in the last 5 mins for another "honourable" loss?

Im **** livid after that.

Forget excuses, forget 6 day breaks, forget "goal misses" - this side decides WHEN ITS ALL TO LATE to have a friggin go??

Milne - disgrace. When needed early in the game, when we REALLY had time to put the scoreboard pressure on them lets us down again - as he did in GF's. I could care less about his last few minutes...just a joke.

Kosi - nearly fell off the couch laughing when he decides to mark the friggin ball finally in the last qtr.

Reality is: we are mid table, 6 and 6 scratching our @ss with freo/Richmond et al cause we have players that play well at Etihad when we are "on fire" as a team.

That game was very winnable - we made them look unbelievably good and saw them crumble FINALLY when we applied some pressure in the last.

Pathetic.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Are you really happy with that?

Great stuff after playing the top side away.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Some are.... Says something...

battye
Saintsational Legend

Not really happy with it because we lost.

But I thought the way we played in the last 10 minutes was outstanding. Defence let us down in the first three quarters. Their key forwards ran rampant and how many free players did they have in their forward line?

Besides defence, I thought it was fairly evenly matched. And considering it was an away match against a team that has come good out of nowhere I guess that's not too bad.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Great stuff after playing the top side away.
Oh boo **** hoo -so did Pies...did they decide to play in the last 5mins?

Get your head out of ure @ss.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Not really happy with it because we lost.

But I thought the way we played in the last 10 minutes was outstanding. Defence let us down in the first three quarters. Their key forwards ran rampant and how many free players did they have in their forward line?

Besides defence, I thought it was fairly evenly matched. And considering it was an away match against a team that has come good out of nowhere I guess that's not too bad.
This is our problem

What about the players who dint bother to play for 3 qtrs?

Milne
Kosi
Gram

You're clearly happy with a "good loss" - goodfor you.

“Yeah….nah””
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Leigh Matthews commented of our 6 day break after travelling to the GC.

He said it would be very hard for us to come back, yet we did.

I'm reasonably happy with it, we missed some opportunities, fought it out.

Well done boys.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
battye wrote:Not really happy with it because we lost.

This is our problem

What about the players who dint bother to play for 3 qtrs?

Milne
Kosi
Gram

You're clearly happy with a "good loss" - goodfor you.
Read my first line again.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I would have agreed early in the game, the fight back gives me hope. We were outclassed for the most, did you see the look on the Crow players and coach after the game, they looked as they had lost. Our players showed true grit to come back as they did, to blame Milne for some poor kicking is plain petty when there are so many other things that can be targeted. Great game by blokes who have struggled in Gilbert and Clarke.
They now get a decent rest and will play in the finals.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

A good five minutes in the first quarter.

A good five minutes in the second quarter.

A good 10 minutes in the last quarter.

How anyone would be happy with that is beyond me. We have to demand more. Close/honourable losses - Port, Freo, Rich and Adel - are are the difference between 6-6 and 10-2.

10-2 would have us on top of the table or thereabouts. Instead, we're battling to make the eight?

We can choose to have rose-coloureds and wallow happily in our own average-ness or choose to accurately surmise the situation, which is that that while we made a nice comeback towards the end, what were the factors that led to us having to make such a comeback in the first place?

...and perhaps also identify why we seem to lose our bottle in close games, something we used to thrive on (which includes tonight as we dropped our bundle when the game was won and lost in the 3rd quarter).

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

But Teflon - it was an honourable loss (excuse no 1)

we were palying the top team (excuse 2)

we played interstate last week (excuse 3)

and we had a 6 day break (excuse 4)

and they had a 13 day break (excuse 5)

and the umpires were on their side (excuse 6).

I'm really proud of the boys, especially the conversion in front of goal.

FFS PATHETIC :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Cant help but agree really, based on what I was screaming at the TV

They need to watch that back as I am sure they will and I dont think they will be happy either, which is the main thing.

Austinnn
Club Player

Not happy with that, clearly not good enough, but the fatigue in skills execution in the first 3 quarters and the spirit in the last tells me that when we are in form we're right up there. The question is how to get us in form. Maybe the bye will help, maybe Stanley and Saad back in the forward line will help, maybe more confidence for Sippos, Armo and Steven, more game time into Gwilt, Schneider, Fisher and McEvoy. Maybe Hayes, Blake and Milne playing like every moment is their last. I'm not happy, but defo not giving up after that.

We are not quite at the West Coast or Pies level, but I'd say we're not too far away from the rest.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
jays
Club Player

yes im happy and we are looking very good for the rest of the year we can match it with the best side in the comp atm

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

The boys were unbelievably heroic tonight. Refused to give in when most would. You f&@king couch heroes a the joke.
We may or may not make the eight this year. But based on that performance we have a crap load of upside now and into the future when everyone had written us off

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Not happy at all. Should have won the game and not in the last few minutes. Sloppy skills, sloppy defense and sloppy shots at goal. Players only have themselves to blame. It's the 4 points that matter, I seriously doubt the players will take any solace because of the last minutes.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The more I think about it...."yes I am"

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Super finish, but again, papers over the glaring cracks that these honorable 2nd halves have been doing all year. Saints can't control the ball under pressure and concede WAY too many points. You can't consistently have 100 points kicked against you and hope outscoring your opposition will win you the game.

Maybe it's the symptoms of playing kids, stars in their twilight, a defensive mindset shifting to an attacking mindset under a new coach, or a combination.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

We had 1+ scoring shot.

We had 20 more tackles

Not sure about contested possesions.

Pretty sure we won the clearances.

Had plenty down on form or sore, most probably from our run of short breaks.

Lost by 4 points against a top 4 club on their own heap.

All things considered, it's not too bad when you take the emotion out of it.

After our 2nd interstate trip in 6 days

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Are you honestly happy with a side that decides to REALLY have a friggin go in the last 5 mins for another "honourable" loss?

Im **** livid after that.

Forget excuses, forget 6 day breaks, forget "goal misses" - this side decides WHEN ITS ALL TO LATE to have a friggin go??

Milne - disgrace. When needed early in the game, when we REALLY had time to put the scoreboard pressure on them lets us down again - as he did in GF's. I could care less about his last few minutes...just a joke.

Kosi - nearly fell off the couch laughing when he decides to mark the friggin ball finally in the last qtr.

Reality is: we are mid table, 6 and 6 scratching our @ss with freo/Richmond et al cause we have players that play well at Etihad when we are "on fire" as a team.

That game was very winnable - we made them look unbelievably good and saw them crumble FINALLY when we applied some pressure in the last.

Pathetic.
I'm not, not at all. totally pissed off tonight... I thought we had a real chance to beat them by 20+

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

No, not happy with that.

To be honest we were outplayed and only caught up when the crows got 5 goals in front and stopped.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Not happy at all. Should have won the game and not in the last few minutes. Sloppy skills, sloppy defense and sloppy shots at goal. Players only have themselves to blame. It's the 4 points that matter, I seriously doubt the players will take any solace because of the last minutes.

they will take a lot more from that game than a 10 goal loss which at one stage was on the cards. Playing a team sport and being a lot more tired than the opposition and out on their feet it was a monumental effort not to rack the cue and let themselves be rolled over.

james rose
Club Player

Leo.J wrote:We had 1+ scoring shot.

We had 20 more tackles

Not sure about contested possesions.

Pretty sure we won the clearances.

Had plenty down on form or sore, most probably from our run of short breaks.

Lost by 4 points against a top 4 club on their own heap.

All things considered, it's not too bad when you take the emotion out of it.

After our 2nd interstate trip in 6 days
Best post tonight.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:Super finish, but again, papers over the glaring cracks that these honorable 2nd halves have been doing all year. Saints can't control the ball under pressure and concede WAY too many points. You can't consistently have 100 points kicked against you and hope outscoring your opposition will win you the game.

Maybe it's the symptoms of playing kids, stars in their twilight, a defensive mindset shifting to an attacking mindset under a new coach, or a combination.
???? we kicked a 100 points against them, we started slow and ended well despite a short break , the Crows are a bloody good side....and so are the Saints...keep digging for more negatives and keep posting them...your doing real well.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:The boys were unbelievably heroic tonight. Refused to give in when most would. You f&@king couch heroes a the joke.
We may or may not make the eight this year. But based on that performance we have a crap load of upside now and into the future when everyone had written us off
Ask the hard question you imbecile - why the **** did we need a miraculous come back in the first place?????

Cause the effort their early was friggin soft from some senior players

“Yeah….nah””