Thank God for Scott Watters.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

One Eyed Saint
Club Player

Thank God for Scott Watters.....

* Attacking game style
* Introduction of new players - young and old
* Better across the board team efforts
* More enjoyable game to watch

As much as I would have worshipped RL if we won in 09 or 10, may we NEVER, EVER, EVER go back to an RL game style.

Keep up the good work Scotty!!!

Newman
Club Player

Re: Thank God for Scott Watters.....

Agree.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Yup 6-6 and battling to make the eight.

Can see why you like it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Bazza1970
Club Player

Would like to see a bit more defence.
We are giving up far too many easy goals.

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Agree with the OP...... Joff will feel better in the morning (once the hangover wears off)

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:Agree with the OP...... Joff will feel better in the morning (once the hangover wears off)

I dont drink.

Watters is a jumped up Matthew Knights. Seems to have no idea about defence. He scores goals but the team is going backwards.

6-6 is where this medicore coach and his medicore team belong.

But hey honourable loss guys and you are entertaining. Too bad you can fkn win.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Bazza1970 wrote:Would like to see a bit more defence.
We are giving up far too many easy goals.
Yep too many where the opposition just get an easy mark in the forward line or just stroll into goal.

If only we could play an attacking game while still maintaining some sort of defense.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Who knows how we would've gone under RL (probably would've won Freo and Richmond but might've lost Carlton) but at least it's been exciting which will be good for membership/sponsorship. Too early to judge SW.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Seaford_Saint wrote:Agree with the OP...... Joff will feel better in the morning (once the hangover wears off)

I dont drink.

Watters is a jumped up Matthew Knights. Seems to have no idea about defence. He scores goals but the team is going backwards.

Gord.. :o

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Really?

I think i'd much prefer 09 being 12-0 rather than 6-6.

I'd rather win 1-0 than lose 119-120. Lets be honest, our defense is atrocious right now. As much as we are better to watch, we're losing games because decent key forwards have killed us. Time to get a bit of that defense back I reckon.

'Because we've got unfinished business'
....................Official Saintsational Banner Designer....................
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:

I dont drink.

You are wrong. To compare Watters to Matthew Knights is ridiculous. It is not a lack of defence, it is that we are one tall defender short. Zac leaving has cost us, but at the stage he did leave, it didn't leave us much of a chance to do anything about it recruiting wise. I wasn't a massive wrap for Zac, but at least he provided more of a contest against the bigger forwards. The way the ball was being delivered into Adelaide's forward line tonight, this is where we struggled. Kicking for goal wasn't fantastic and we missed some very easy shots. Had we converted when we should have, we would have won.

This team hasn't not even come close to the 09 form since 2009. What you have to realise is that if Ross stayed, we would most likely be sitting 4-8 or 5-7 with his style of play. The game has evolved since our 2009 game plan and if you look across the country, Freo are sitting at the same spot on the ladder that we are.

Perhaps it is your disappointment talking, but if you can not see the potential of this team and this list and this new style of play, we must be watching different games.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Austinnn
Club Player

Team is going backwards my dimpled arse. What the hell has happened to you lately? You used to be on point. Another red giant reaching supernova?

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Yup 6-6 and battling to make the eight.

Can see why you like it.
With Lyon we'd be 3 and 9!

and averaging 75 points a game

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

I dont drink.

and what the hell do you know?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:

I dont drink.

Was it really Watters fault we lost tonight? 8 sitters missed.

I blame him for tonight as much as I blame Lyin for '09 Final. Zip.
Last edited by Griggsy on Sat 16 Jun 2012 1:26am, edited 1 time in total.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Why are we forgetting about how good the Crows are going this year?? How the **** do you stop Thompson and Dangerfield and Van Berlo and Sloane and all their mids who are absolutely flying?? Did Ross fkn Lyons dockers stop the Crows? No!!! They got pumped!!!

Yes 2009 was great in home and away, but when you get to finals and when you're up against quality midfields who are in peak form, how the **** do you stop them all?? Defend, restrict, contain your opponent and stopping them is fine, but if there isn't a balance, your opponents will find a way. Forget about kicking goals at your peril and thats where Lyons game plan and team selection policy wasn't good enough to win a granny. If your mindset is all about restricting the opposition instead of beating them on the scoreboard, then more often than not, you'e one or two goals away from defeat.