Jason Gram

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

Jason Gram

Has the heart of a pea. Kicks the ball 50 meters in the air with only 20 meters distance.

Would have a million Raph's over this guy. Atleast Raph has heart and backs himself.

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: Jason Gram

F....n soft c**k - how bad is our list management paying this bloke 400-500k a year!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
quidnunc
Club Player

Sorry but personally I would not select either. That is, judging from today's game or earlier games both have played. Surely we must expose our lesser lights to the real McCoy?

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Careful what you say about Gram ! :evil:
What sort of netball supporter are you?
I happen to love marshmallows :twisted:
(I got smashed by other sainters for daring to question Gram's heart...)
Why do you think Linen House wants to use Gram as a model in their next catalogue?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not hard to say you think he should be dropped without talking about someones heart though.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Numerous times tonight he was in a position to get to the drop of the ball behind the pack near the goal square and stop his North opponent from getting to the ball first. Of course, on each occasion he sat back and waited for a team mate to do the dirty work for him and North goaled as a result. I hope Scott Watters shows him the replays and then shows him the door at year's end. I've had enough.

Kernal75
Club Player

Time to go, and take Raph, Kosi, Blake (honorably) and Milney with you.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What was his role today???

Kernal75
Club Player

Think he was a decoy, or was he a witches hat?

defacto
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote:Numerous times tonight he was in a position to get to the drop of the ball behind the pack near the goal square and stop his North opponent from getting to the ball first. Of course, on each occasion he sat back and waited for a team mate to do the dirty work for him and North goaled as a result. I hope Scott Watters shows him the replays and then shows him the door at year's end. I've had enough.

well summed up!!!!

OUT: gram
IN: Ray

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:What was his role today???
Cabbage impersonation.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I thought he played on Thomas??

saintkid
Club Player

I've been the first to put up my hand bagging this mega soft list clogger and will never back down. Today was a big disappointment for the club as a whole but his pathetic efforts and lack of heart was there in all its glory for others to see and I'm glad more and more members here are coming out and making the same statements about Gram. I copped an interesting barrage of abuse by dragit and plugger66 for bagging his pissweak efforts this season. However it once agin was there for all too see. His big contract has been a complete waste of money by the club.

StGoddard18
Club Player

Instead of bending over and picking the ball up he kicked it with his foot toward norths goal and guess what? They kicked a goal! Lazy footballer...

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
lefty
Club Player

Gram was absolutely terrible.

While Raph does make mistakes, and his oppenent did kick a few, at least he got the ball and did multiple things.

Jason Gram was absolutely crap, wasn't interested, didn't attack the ball, and how is he on a massive paycheck? My bet is next year he's gone, or he's taken a massive paycut.

Another one I'm angry about is Ben McEvoy. Since his return, I think we've been worse off. Seems lazy, doesn't seem to want to be the kick to target for kick outs, and he isn't tapping the ball to our advantage at all...

Only players to hold their head high; Geary, Armo, Dempster, Lenny, Stanley

Next Week I'd do...

OUT: Gram (omitted), Stanley (inj), Blake (inj), Goddard (sus)
IN: Ray, Siposs, Simpkin, Jones

I really don't want to see Gram again, I'd rather play Newness the whole year.

Middo
Club Player

BigMart wrote:I thought he played on Thomas??

3 goals from this bloke says you aint done your job ...

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Careful what you say about Gram ! :evil:
What sort of netball supporter are you?
I happen to love marshmallows :twisted:
(I got smashed by other sainters for daring to question Gram's heart...)
Why do you think Linen House wants to use Gram as a model in their next catalogue?
Takes heaps of courage to question someones ticker while sitting on your fat arse in front of a computer eating twinkies. If you think he should be dropped fine. Making childish statements about players hearts is pathetic. Would you say it to his face tough boys? Don't think so.

Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Not hard to say you think he should be dropped without talking about someones heart though.
That's the reason he should be dropped though. He would be in the top 8 at the club for ability, but dead last for effort and courage. His intensity just isn't good enough for an AFL footballer.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Look I think he was indifferent also

But his opponent had 10 possessions playing fwd in a team that had 67 inside 50's really a small fwd could kick 6 in that situation..... In the second half it was going into their 50 constantly with little pressure.

In perspective

Daniel Wells had 34 touches opposed to Dal (21) and kicked two on the fly and created possibly 5.

Petrie and Hansen kicked 7 between them, giving Gwilt and Blake baths.....

I saw bigger problems..... Not least of all, the lack of structure and system in the third....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Look I think he was indifferent also

But his opponent had 10 possessions playing fwd in a team that had 67 inside 50's really a small fwd could kick 6 in that situation..... In the second half it was going into their 50 constantly with little pressure.

In perspective

Daniel Wells had 34 touches opposed to Dal (21) and kicked two on the fly and created possibly 5.

I saw bigger problems..... Not least of all, the lack of structure and system in the third....
so you say drop Dal and keep Gram?

I get the whole "go against the main view in the hope of demonstrating some football insight the rest of us miss" but sometimes it is what it is and this guy has form.

BTW Id have 10 Dal Santo's even if he was beaten yesterday - the guy has turned his game from pure outside to inside and outside ball winning mid who is tagged every week for a reason...he hurts sides with his disposal.

Talking of "structure" and "system" is all very scientific and sounds good - reality is EFFORT starts with personnel....that has to be addressed first as its non negotiable.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

In perspective

so you say drop Dal and keep Gram?

I get the whole "go against the main view in the hope of demonstrating some football insight the rest of us miss" but sometimes it is what it is and this guy has form.

BTW Id have 10 Dal Santo's even if he was beaten yesterday - the guy has turned his game from pure outside to inside and outside ball winning mid who is tagged every week for a reason...he hurts sides with his disposal.

Talking of "structure" and "system" is all very scientific and sounds good - reality is EFFORT starts with personnel....that has to be addressed first as its non negotiable.

The point is Gram is still ahead of about 8 guys in the dropping stakes. I know people want to play young guys but you can only have so many andthey need to be in form. Milera needs to go back and get some form and maybe even Saad even though he probably deserves another week. Im not sure Gram deserves to go unless we pick players on one weeks performance and if that is the case we may not have 22 next week.

defacto
Club Player

In perspective

i think the problem supporters have is the bang for buck argument.

gram is 29, 600k a season and reportedly will get 600k next season as long as he gets 10 games.

i'd rather play ray who is on a fraction of the money, who will be here next year, and is 3 years younger, so has more future.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:

In perspective

gram is 29, 600k a season and reportedly will get 600k next season as long as he gets 10 games.

i'd rather play ray who is on a fraction of the money, who will be here next year, and is 3 years younger, so has more future.

We still pay him though this year. A bit early to not give him 10 games next year. I also reckon there is more likelyhood of Gram playing AFL at 31 than Ray at 28.

defacto
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
defacto wrote:

In perspective

We still pay him though this year. A bit early to not give him 10 games next year. I also reckon there is more likelyhood of Gram playing AFL at 31 than Ray at 28.
i dont. worst case scenario ray will request to go back home off the back of his vfl and afl form this year.

dockers would take him

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ofcourse Dockers would take Ray - and on output right now Ray has to offer more than Gram.

People suggesting drop Gram off the back of the last game choose to ignore the FACT he has a history of laklustre efforts hence why the coach singled him out already this season. To not acknowledge that and pretend hes just had"a" bad day is rubbish and it also ignores entirely the fact he will not be part of our next Preniership tilt.

Sure, drop Milera but why cant Ray (at 26 a better chance than Gram), Newnes or even Simpkin get a run back there ahead of Gram?

“Yeah….nah””