I Love....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

35...LEGEND
Club Player

I Love....

OUR CAPTAIN

tough night....toughed it out

2 last Q goals....

ONYA ROOEY !!!!!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: I Love....

Hmmm.

I didn't like his body language, but that's a no go on here.

Also called guys out of marks, cracked it when it wasn't delivered to him again.

I know it was tough, but it was the conditions, not some set the team had against him to make his night difficult.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

stood up when it counted... crap delivery to him all night.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
SMS
Club Player

I love the 3 S's
Simpkin siposs and saad!!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Sooked most of the night, redeemed himself in the last.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Hmmm.

Also called guys out of marks, cracked it when it wasn't delivered to him again.

I know it was tough, but it was the conditions, not some set the team had against him to make his night difficult.
+1

And it's not the 1st time its happend. Not a serial offender like BJ but it's cancerous when it happens. Leaders footprint on a team/game is often bigger than they realise.

When Roo got focused in the last, suddenly the rest of the team lifted along side him.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Sooked most of the night, redeemed himself in the last.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

You're right K, he was poor tonight in that regard

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Bardon Saint
Club Player

I love Lenny

Massive man crush - what a champ

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Frustrating game for Roo tonight, and rather than blame his own, perhaps should look at taking it out on a prone opponent by laying a Vulcan arm grip or some such.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Little baby ducks...

Old pickup trucks...

Slow moving trains...

And rain

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

+1

And it's not the 1st time its happend. Not a serial offender like BJ but it's cancerous when it happens. Leaders footprint on a team/game is often bigger than they realise.

When Roo got focused in the last, suddenly the rest of the team lifted along side him.
Dangerous choice of adjective SP but I couldn't agree more. Roo takes two steps backwards in the credibility stakes everytime he chucks a wobbly. In his defence last night the Ranga would have put him off a bit with the knee in the back. Dog act.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

+1

Dangerous choice of adjective SP but I couldn't agree more. Roo takes two steps backwards in the credibility stakes everytime he chucks a wobbly. In his defence last night the Ranga would have put him off a bit with the knee in the back. Dog act.

Its lucky he is at the club at all afterall him and BJ are cancers to the club.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
+1

Its lucky he is at the club at all afterall him and BJ are cancers to the club.
Gee P66 you need to be careful with your adjectives but yeah I can see how you would see them in that light, especially BJ and if he leaves I think a lot of supporters will say it was always going to be terminal.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I really think that sometimes people critisising passion from players makes me believe they have never played a competitive sport in their lives :roll:

For years Riewoldt has had the ball plonked on his head with three defenders smashing him, or he makes a three times 50 metre full sprint lead to have it float over his head or at his toes.

Not once has Riewoldt ever shirked a contest for season after season, smasing after smashing to his body, but we have internet clowns calling him cancerous.

Last night we have a bloke get fully kneed in the back but plays on and kicked two crucial goals after being well held all night, but still we have morons critisising him.

Really, it says much more about the fools knowing SFA about what Riewoldt does and has done for the STKFC and his teammmates.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I really think that sometimes people critisising passion from players makes me believe they have never played a competitive sport in their lives :roll:

For years Riewoldt has had the ball plonked on his head with three defenders smashing him, or he makes a three times 50 metre full sprint lead to have it float over his head or at his toes.

Not once has Riewoldt ever shirked a contest for season after season, smasing after smashing to his body, but we have internet clowns calling him cancerous.

Last night we have a bloke get fully kneed in the back but plays on and kicked two crucial goals after being well held all night, but still we have morons critisising him.

Really, it says much more about the fools knowing SFA about what Riewoldt does and has done for the STKFC and his teammmates.
Since when has criticising not been allowed in footy. It's what makes sitting in the outer entertaining and in the modern era, visiting SS. I thought a couple of his plays in the last quarter were vinatage Roo. By the way I used to be a champion table tennis player so don't tell me I don't know competitive sport.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Since when has criticising not been allowed in footy. It's what makes sitting in the outer entertaining and in the modern era, visiting SS. I thought a couple of his plays in the last quarter were vinatage Roo. By the way I used to be a champion table tennis player so don't tell me I don't know competitive sport.
lol - talking yourself up on an internet forum. :D :D

I won a Formula I World Championship so dont tell me about competitive sport :D :D

Ping Pong :D Really body contact stuff, you must know so much about footy from your champion days hitting a Ping Pong ball across a table :D :mrgreen:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Since when has criticising not been allowed in footy. It's what makes sitting in the outer entertaining and in the modern era, visiting SS. I thought a couple of his plays in the last quarter were vinatage Roo. By the way I used to be a champion table tennis player so don't tell me I don't know competitive sport.

I won a Formula I World Championship so dont tell me about competitive sport :D :D

Ping Pong :D Really body contact stuff, you must know so much about footy from your champion days hitting a Ping Pong ball across a table :D :mrgreen:
Ok I will admit I was an outside player but it was the damage I could inflict once in the clear, back spin, forward spin, side spin both ways, I could read the flight of the ball like no other. Unfortunately I was given a life ban for sledging and now only enjoy the game from the stands.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Ok I will admit I was an outside player but it was the damage I could inflict once in the clear, back spin, forward spin, side spin both ways, I could read the flight of the ball like no other. Unfortunately I was given a life ban for sledging and now only enjoy the game from the stands.

Very good
+1 :D

Lance or James??