Paul Roo's on Foxtel

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ajantis
Club Player

Paul Roo's on Foxtel

$u%k off back to sydney Paul Roo's. Its obvious you hate every other club bar Sydney so why even be on TV.
The commets coming out of your backside made think what an idiot you are.

Ross who?
Club Player

Re: Paul Roo's on Foxtel

Agree, was totally immersed in his Sydney mindset while commentating the game. Saints would get a goal and all you could hear was Roos going on about how Sydney back line had let it happen.
How about the goal the Swans kicked after Jetta's run from the HBF. Described it as a perfect Sydney set up type goal. JETTA'S SHANKED IT AND SCRUBBED THE KICK ALONG THE GROUND FFS!!!

Blake Acres fan club VIP
paulski
Club Player

Complete biased prick. Can't stand the bloke.

Still hates the saints, being a bum chum of Ross Lyons!

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Besides the obvious bias it was his non-stop blathering. There was barely any commentating. He just hogged the microphone, wouldn't allow Huddo to commentate and spoke incessantly and stupidly.

Carna Saints!!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SteveStevens66 wrote:Besides the obvious bias it was his non-stop blathering. There was barely any commentating. He just hogged the microphone, wouldn't allow Huddo to commentate and spoke incessantly and stupidly.

there was actually one play that continued on to the saints forward line with a saints player snapping a point that wasn't actually commentated by the clowns at all....they would have been all red faced if it had been a goal....but then again...maybe not....
Last edited by stinger on Mon 23 Jul 2012 12:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Don't tell us, tweet @foxfooty or email them.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mark Fine slammed him and his terribly biased commentary and demanded Roos be taken off Sydney games.

Also said he was happy to take it up with Roos.

Good to see it wasn't just the forumites who thought it was a travesty.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Mark Fine slammed him and his terribly biased commentary and demanded Roos be taken off Sydney games.

Also said he was happy to take it up with Roos.

Good to see it wasn't just the forumites who thought it was a travesty.
Got a fair whack in the Herald Sun today, Mark Robinson mentioned it in his 10 dislikes from the Tackle.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Fine not a forumite??

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

No point complaining on here - send your complaints thru to FOXTEL that is the only way you will affect change.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:No point complaining on here - send your complaints thru to FOXTEL that is the only way you will affect change.
why would they change it? it's not like you have any other options for watching the game. doesn't matter what they do, people will still tune in.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

“I think I was fair to both the Swans and, um,

......that other team that played the Swans”

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Just as well the Roys are not still in existence. He was the first rat off the sinking ship. He would have to lean towards two clubs.

Darth Vader
Club Player

And he can't pronounce the word "Riewoldt". Who the hell is "Riewall"?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

as dermie would say......good footballer...ordinary bloke...and...a "see you next tuesday' of a commentator..

or as robbo said...

"4. Paul Roos at Swans games.
Tactical genius, insightful and honest, but too one-sided Swans for neutral supporters. Had a crack at Malcolm Blight and Robert Walls last year for their coverage of the Suns v Blues, and Roosy joins that brigade. Got the feeling early he was anti-Saints -- their treatment of Ross Lyon perhaps? – and although his dissection of the Swans was first class, it was biased. One moment he was bewildered by the lack of defence when Milne goaled, and when the Saints allowed a Bird goal, he labelled the Saints defence as a disgrace. And, yes, the Saints will have noticed."
Last edited by stinger on Mon 23 Jul 2012 1:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:as dermie would say......good footballer...ordinary bloke...and...a "see you next tuesday of a commentator"

or as robbo said...

"4. Paul Roos at Swans games.
Tactical genius, insightful and honest, but too one-sided Swans for neutral supporters. Had a crack at Malcolm Blight and Robert Walls last year for their coverage of the Suns v Blues, and Roosy joins that brigade. Got the feeling early he was anti-Saints -- their treatment of Ross Lyon perhaps? – and although his dissection of the Swans was first class, it was biased. One moment he was bewildered by the lack of defence when Milne goaled, and when the Saints allowed a Bird goal, he labelled the Saints defence as a disgrace. And, yes, the Saints will have noticed."
saints treatment of ross lyon. how dare the saints offer a man a senior coaching job (which he otherwise never would have got) overlooking more fancied applicants and plucking him from relative obscurity. how dare we give him a 5 years of contract with a get out clause so he could leave if he wanted more money. man we were so shoddy to him! no wonder roos hates us. fact is without the saints - lyon would have been an assistant coach who lost all his money in a bad investment and would have no had no way at all to pay/earn his way out of it.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I don't think you've spelled his name correctly.

I believe it is Raul Poos. :D

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

It was cringe worthy. Absolutely embarrassing. Neither of the other callers had the balls to just say "Slow up. You're making a fool of yourself". Just shut up for one fu#king minute.

He made his feelings obvious on the couch earlier in the year when he said "Ross had to leave the Saints. If you knew what really happened you wouldn't question it". He just didn't have the balls to tell anyone what he thought he knew.

Absolute Knob Fuc#wit. Zero respeect for the tosser.

Saintsational Legend

It was Roos criticism of the Saints players that was really over the top.

One that sticks in my mind is the Saad snap and miss from metres out in traffic. PR absolutely ripped into the bloke for not handballing across to Kosi.

Apart from the fact it was a reflex shot by Saad, the replay showed there would have been a risk involved in the pass and a further risk that Kosi could've gathered and drilled it before being tackled.

And I'm sure if Saad had've attempted to get it to Kosi and something had gone wrong then the cry of "why didn't he kick it himself" would've emanated from mouth of the ex Swans coach :roll:

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

I loved it when Milne kicked his 3rd goal and all you could hear from Roos in the background was "oh no" rofl - toss pot - Mrs Seaford Saint

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:I loved it when Milne kicked his 3rd goal and all you could hear from Roos in the background was "oh no" rofl - toss pot - Mrs Seaford Saint
I think he said something like "that's not legal". Bruce would have soiled himself and all Roos had was "that's not legal".

I'll say it again. He's a Fu#kwit. Made a fool of himself, and everyone in the football world knows it.