Raph = Goneski in 2013 ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Raph = Goneski in 2013 ?

Not even an emergency this week again.

Was ok for Sandy.

Surely that's it for him you'd think?
Last edited by saintspremiers on Sat 28 Jul 2012 4:59am, edited 2 times in total.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Raph = Gonseki in 2013

perhaps a ? in your heading- it's your suggestion at this point and not a fact.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Raph = Gonseki in 2013

I've heard good things about Gonseki. A thumping kick. I say we trade.

noob
Club Player

Re: Raph = Gonseki in 2013 ?

and Polo Peaked too early!

andrewg
Club Player

After that North game I am surprised he is playing for Sandy.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

One can only hope Raph has played his last game for the saints.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Hope he stays to be honest.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
defacto
Club Player

i think we need him for the next season or 2. at a minimum he's a good depth player.

Kernal75
Club Player

Let's hope so, if he has a contract then he doesn't get a look in ahead of anyone.
If he doesn't have a contract then Seeya!!!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

A lot of mean spirited people haunt Saintsational.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:A lot of mean spirited people haunt Saintsational.

yep.......cockheads too....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
barrel-it
Club Player

Tend to agree, his season in the saints colours is done. Maybe a positive end to the VFL season will see him go to another club?
Does he have a big enough tank to follow the ball allday? in close he seems very evasive, maybe a handy onball back up?

spert
Saintsational Legend

Should have been tried at FF

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

A lot of anti Raph people away from Saintsational also.

I was a big Raph fan but I think he's done now.

The way he got run down in last game was a disgrace. Shouldn't happen at AFL level, certainly not on a regular basis.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
dalboy
Club Player

I think he is a good player who has been a little out of luck for a number of years.....see ya!

Happiness is a warm pie!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Sadly, I think Raph may be cut at the end of the year.
If he is, then I'd like to thank him for his services as he helped us make two GF's and was part of that incredible run in 2009.
Personally, I think he would be a handy pick up gor GC or GWS as his experience would be very valuable for their kids.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
barrel-it
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:Sadly, I think Raph may be cut at the end of the year.
If he is, then I'd like to thank him for his services as he helped us make two GF's and was part of that incredible run in 2009.
Personally, I think he would be a handy pick up gor GC or GWS as his experience would be very valuable for their kids.
i think that GWS and GC will stick with their young kids, whereas teams like WB, Port, Melb and probably BL would consider a mature body (biggest he's looked in 9 years) with some big game experience to fill some gaps. I hope he thrives at another club, might be a late peaker.

To the top
SS Life Member

For the uneducated that pollute this site, Clarke played a very acceptable game against North Melbourne (remember he started at full back on the ruckman forward giving away height and weight) until he took a very heavy knock in a marking contest deep in the back pocket just before 3 quarter time.

It was actually a top mark, one of a couple he took against the odds in that game.

That obviously slowed him significantly and his contribution in the last quarter was zero, accentuated by North Melbourne running rings around us and their forwards resorting to a training drill.

This was because of a lack of mid-field accountability and a lack of forward pressure when we did actually get it forward, allowing players to run at our defence without pressure being applied, making it impossible for our defenders.

I think the current selection position is more a price for the interruptions to his season and not commencing to play until after the half way mark (at least).

The hits he has taken in each of his league appearances - courtesy of his courage which is always on display - have taken a toll on him in games and this is a result of precious little football in 2012.

Gwilt is in the same position as Clarke, but his more solid body sees him a requirement given our lack of height and weight in defence no matter Gwilt's struggles to resume at this level mid season.

In fact, most resuming mid-season struggle.

Clarke has been best or at least in the best for Sandringham on every occasion he has been available for them - so he is coming.

Accordingly he must be knocking on the door, as you would expect he would be because he is well within our best 22.

Some on here should take a cold shower - and open BOTH eyes.

In terms of the emergencies, Wilkes would be there because of the doubt which must exist over Riewoldt exclusively (he was very restricted because of his knee last week and we have Collingwood next so where is the priority?) - and Ledger would be an encouragement award recognising effort and that he is standing in line after Hayes, Montagna, Armitage and Steven as an "inside" player.

No doubt our final line up will also pay respect to the game style of WB, who will run and spread looking for a largely un-contested match.

If they win the ball we will be doing some chasing as they switch to space.

So McEvoy and Koschitzke are vital in terms of handing the initial advantage to our mids - and then it comes down to usage.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Do I need to remind people that Collingwood won a premiership in 2010 with Lockyer, Fraser, Medhurst and the like running around in the seconds?

You need depth IMO, and decent depth (not underdone kids) pressuring spots and rotating through every now and then.

I'd be keeping Raph, good clubman, not a massive amount of defenders on the list.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: In terms of the emergencies, Wilkes would be there because of the doubt which must exist over Riewoldt exclusively (he was very restricted because of his knee last week and we have Collingwood next so where is the priority?)
I thought this too when I saw Wilkes named. Kosi is better than Wilkes and Kosi is playing very poorly at the moment so that is saying something about Wilkes.

I suppose because it's a Sunday game they are going to give Roo every chance of getting up but if not, in come Wilkes...a reluctant selection you would think.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

yep.......cockheads too....
+1

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Gonseki? wtf?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Beekay
SS Life Member

maybe the broski had a few brewskies.

that sentence would read differently if you were a kiwi.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:For the uneducated that pollute this site, Clarke played a very acceptable game against North Melbourne (remember he started at full back on the ruckman forward giving away height and weight) until he took a very heavy knock in a marking contest deep in the back pocket just before 3 quarter time.

It was actually a top mark, one of a couple he took against the odds in that game.

That obviously slowed him significantly and his contribution in the last quarter was zero, accentuated by North Melbourne running rings around us and their forwards resorting to a training drill.

This was because of a lack of mid-field accountability and a lack of forward pressure when we did actually get it forward, allowing players to run at our defence without pressure being applied, making it impossible for our defenders.

I think the current selection position is more a price for the interruptions to his season and not commencing to play until after the half way mark (at least).

The hits he has taken in each of his league appearances - courtesy of his courage which is always on display - have taken a toll on him in games and this is a result of precious little football in 2012.

Gwilt is in the same position as Clarke, but his more solid body sees him a requirement given our lack of height and weight in defence no matter Gwilt's struggles to resume at this level mid season.

In fact, most resuming mid-season struggle.

Clarke has been best or at least in the best for Sandringham on every occasion he has been available for them - so he is coming.

Accordingly he must be knocking on the door, as you would expect he would be because he is well within our best 22.

Some on here should take a cold shower - and open BOTH eyes.

In terms of the emergencies, Wilkes would be there because of the doubt which must exist over Riewoldt exclusively (he was very restricted because of his knee last week and we have Collingwood next so where is the priority?) - and Ledger would be an encouragement award recognising effort and that he is standing in line after Hayes, Montagna, Armitage and Steven as an "inside" player.

No doubt our final line up will also pay respect to the game style of WB, who will run and spread looking for a largely un-contested match.

If they win the ball we will be doing some chasing as they switch to space.

So McEvoy and Koschitzke are vital in terms of handing the initial advantage to our mids - and then it comes down to usage.
If Clarke is coming then i hope he gets here before he retires

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

To the top wrote:... Clarke played a very acceptable game against North Melbourne (remember he started at full back on the ruckman forward giving away height and weight) until he took a very heavy knock in a marking contest deep in the back pocket just before 3 quarter time...

It was actually a top mark, one of a couple he took against the odds in that game...
Hi TTT, if you really did need a whole year of solid posts to make up for one on another thread re the TipRat, then you've made a start with this post I reckon. :wink:

Raph may well be gonski, but I'm in the camp that hopes not. No names required (though they sound a bit like a mountain and a much smaller measure...), but there are a couple of current incumbents that I'd prefer Raph to.

And whilst I'm at it, I still reckon that Wilkesy is capable of surprising to the upside - if he was just given a decent run to settle into the side and the pace of the senior game.

BTW, re the Tipper, I'm a big fan, but I can also see where you were trying to go with that...
Also, you need to overlook DS's harsh marking, as he was just back from reburying his parole officer... :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: