YOU'RE KIDDING YOURSELVES....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Simmo2
Club Player

YOU'RE KIDDING YOURSELVES....

I AM FILTHY. I was worried last week, and it NEVER improved. If you think we've done well- you are absolutely kidding yourselves.

We were promised "aggressive" trading with salary cap room, and we were nothing short of pathetic. AND THE CLUB'S POSTING ABOUT MITCH BROWN'S SITUATION IMPROVING WAS A FECKING DISGRACE.

Lee, Hickey and Denis Lane............. You have got to be gagging.

2 forwards (the least of our problems), and a 21 yr old ruckman.

Well done Saints............... well done.

Don't hit me with "draft picks"- we'll get flogs at picks 25 and beyond and everyone knows it. They come off rarely.

Saint 58
Club Player

Re: YOU'RE KIDDING YOURSELVES....

Say what you like, even though I think you are off the mark.
Just make sure you buy a membership for 2013 !!

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
cannavaro17
Club Player

I think we have done really well, I don't think Brown was worth more than what we offered. Now we can hopefully get him next year for free.

This year presents an opportunity for someone else and or anything we can get in the draft.

Saints did very well and for my money the last two years we have done well in the trade. If everyone fires and all we need is a FB then next years work is a lot easier isnt it. Go Saints!

Winmar
Simmo2
Club Player

cannavaro17 wrote:I think we have done really well, I don't think Brown was worth more than what we offered. Now we can hopefully get him next year for free.

This year presents an opportunity for someone else and or anything we can get in the draft.

Saints did very well and for my money the last two years we have done well in the trade. If everyone fires and all we need is a FB then next years work is a lot easier isnt it. Go Saints!
Maybe we could use the real Cannavaro at FB next year the way we're going...

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

wow someone is angry seems like they just joined today after the trade system...
think we did pretty well for ourselves
and will continue that fashion in the draft
Remember there is still good players available at our picks - there for we will get a backmen that we need.... somewhere..

Richter
SS Life Member

Flog

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

cannavaro17 wrote:Now we can hopefully get him next year for free.
That is providing he still is of worthy market value.

Who knows, perhaps there will be better defenders to choose from come trade period next year.

But the notion of waiting another whole year for a FB shytes me to tears.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

simmer down buddy.

I like the feeling that the club has turned a corner and is no longer sitting on the fence about whether we are "contending" or "rebuilding".

Also for the first time in about a decade we aren't up to our necks in salary cap- giving us room to go hard and recruit some gun kids in the years ahead.
With BJ gone and most of our top earners close to or on the vet's list, Im happy with where we are at.

At this stage when we aren't contending it would be totally foolish to do things like:
pay megabucks to keep BJ
pay over the odds just to fill a fb spot
not look at good young prospects like Lee and TDL, purely because we dont desperately need them in 2013

I say good on scotty and co.
He's laid down the law by not paying anyone over 600k, and made the gutsy call to plan for 5 years from now- not 2013.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Simmo2
Club Player

Ralphy wrote:wow someone is angry seems like they just joined today after the trade system...
Remember there is still good players available at our picks - there for we will get a backmen that we need.... somewhere..
Pretty sure it says I joined a while back....

This is what annoys me about this club. Everyone lives in a pathetic little dream world.

It's days like this I wish I followed Geelong. Even Melbourne have showed us how to do it this trade season. We're a disgrace.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Simmo2 wrote:I AM FILTHY. I was worried last week, and it NEVER improved. If you think we've done well- you are absolutely kidding yourselves.

We were promised "aggressive" trading with salary cap room, and we were nothing short of pathetic. AND THE CLUB'S POSTING ABOUT MITCH BROWN'S SITUATION IMPROVING WAS A FECKING DISGRACE.

Don't hit me with "draft picks"- we'll get flogs at picks 25 and beyond and everyone knows it. They come off rarely.
Not to sure what you're expecting.... Talk about shooting your mouth off without seeing how things pan out.

Simmo2
Club Player

prwilkinson wrote:
Simmo2 wrote:I AM FILTHY. I was worried last week, and it NEVER improved. If you think we've done well- you are absolutely kidding yourselves.

Not to sure what you're expecting.... Talk about shooting your mouth off without seeing how things pan out.
I was expecting A FULL BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! OF SOME DESCRIPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrr
Club Player

Simmo2 wrote:
Ralphy wrote:wow someone is angry seems like they just joined today after the trade system...

This is what annoys me about this club. Everyone lives in a pathetic little dream world.

It's days like this I wish I followed Geelong. Even Melbourne have showed us how to do it this trade season. We're a disgrace.
Are you serious? Rodan, Dawes, Pedersen? f*** that!

shmic_s
Club Player

I agree that the club posting that 'talks had progressed' was a bit strange. Got no issues otherwise with how our trade period turned out.
Strong draft position, our weakness was a lack of talls. We got 2 late first/second round talls in Lee and Hickey. And have 2 early second round picks.

Simmo2
Club Player

Grrrrr wrote:
Simmo2 wrote:

Are you serious? Rodan, Dawes, Pedersen? f*** that!
Fk me, I'd have had all three over Trent Denis Lane!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Don't give a toss about what the club posts re "talks progessing".

At the end of the day we either get the player or we don't.

This time we didn't.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I disagree. I agree we have rolled the dice and taken some risks. But I think it is way too early to call.
Tall fwds are our BIGGEST worry - Kosi is toast and Roos knees are a week to week (and weak) proposition. He is at the end of his career and Wilkesy is a 3rd banana fwd - not a star. So im happy with Tommy Lee.
We have obviously invested heavily in Hickey (high pick plus big $$) but if they rate him as a prospect I am prepared to back their judgement until shown otherwise.... But Hickey could be a gun.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

what's the word on the length and value of Hickey's deal? define big $$??

Reminding yourself we live in a world where Travis Cloke is worth nearly a million dollars.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Don't give a toss about what the club posts re "talks progessing".

At the end of the day we either get the player or we don't.

This time we didn't.
Doubt we were ever a chance of landing him.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

People who post thread headings in uppercase scream "IM FULL OF MYSELF AND MY OPINION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYONE'S!!!"

Sorry we dint get Pendelbury for Pick 114..Im sure they'll try harder next time

**Rolls eyes**

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Simmo2
Club Player

saint66au wrote:People who post thread headings in uppercase scream "IM FULL OF MYSELF AND MY OPINION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYONE'S!!!"

Sorry we dint get Pendelbury for Pick 114..Im sure they'll try harder next time

**Rolls eyes**
Another SHEEP

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

If being positive makes one a sheep then all I can say is "Click Go The Shears".

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

duckduckduckgoose wrote:what's the word on the length and value of Hickey's deal? define big $$??

Reminding yourself we live in a world where Travis Cloke is worth nearly a million dollars.

Tragic Joke is PAID nearly a million dollars - there is a difference between what people are paid and what they are worth......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
duckduckduckgoose wrote:what's the word on the length and value of Hickey's deal? define big $$??

Tragic Joke is PAID nearly a million dollars - there is a difference between what people are paid and what they are worth......

I doubt he is on nearly a million but at his best he is worth close to it. He is certainly worth more than BJ.

spert
Saintsational Legend

This whole thing is not about rocking up and picking and choosing the player you want without any strings attached. We probably did as well as we could and with our picks, got a ruckman who looks more good than bad and has a lot of potential, and a handy forward, plus a few picks which may uncover some good young talent. Looking forward to 2013

saintjake
Club Player

Its really not that bad.

For once we are forward thinking, yes we didn't get a defender.. yet.

But if we spent all our time trying to get a key back, then next trade period we would be spending all our time trying to get a key forward.

In truth, when a backman goes down, we can cover it.. just. (We will keep Blake on for this)

But if Riewoldt goes down, and another key tall. Then we are very very light on.