This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Even if you intend to take another mature aged Full Back in the draft, its time to sign him up Saints before someone else does! Given our current lack of tall defenders another solid option has to be the way to go!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sign up Jayden POST Saints !

I hope not.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Sorry for the ignorance, but who is he ?

shmic_s
Club Player

Stephen Theodore wrote:Sorry for the ignorance, but who is he ?
delisted richmond key position backman.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

And Wilbur's brother.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Who is he?

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

shmic_s wrote:
delisted richmond key position backman.
Thanks

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

People are getting desperate. Just because they are KPP doesnt mean they are any good.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

clarky449 wrote:People are getting desperate. Just because they are KPP doesnt mean they are any good.
Correct. I'd rather get noone and play Kosi there than get someone who is not up to it. Plus haven't we learned our lesson getting Tigers players?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
And Wilbur's brother.
Can we get Ed as well?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I hope we have a look at him cos we need someone his size that plays FB and we are getting desperate. I'm not sure if there is a better option, if there is get them but at least consider this guy. He was good enough to get onto an AFL list so who knows he might end up being the best option available.

FQF
SS Life Member

Here's what the Tigers fans think of him.

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/tigerl ... ost.29345/

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

If we sign him, we may as well play the last post.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
slider
Club Player

Berp!!! Jayden who? your taking the p!ss right? i dont think Sandy need a hack full back that plays in any position badly.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

slider wrote:Berp!!! Jayden who? your taking the p!ss right? i dont think Sandy need a hack full back that plays in any position badly.
We're pretty desperate for a FB. I hear we have tried to entice SOS out of retirement. Spud will be next.

WinnersOnly wrote:Sign up Jayden POST Saints !

Even if you intend to take another mature aged Full Back in the draft, its time to sign him up Saints before someone else does! Given our current lack of tall defenders another solid option has to be the way to go!
Before I agree or disagree to this proposal I would like to know a bit about the backmen at Richmond who are so hot that the club felt it has no use for him. The quality of those backmen may give us an idea of whether he is worth a punt......

rexy
SS Life Member

I have no opinion on Jayden Post and doubt whether those for or those against have a really informed opinion either, some may but most have probably only seen him play a few times!

My question is why do we appear so adamant that we must recruit anyone in a FB role, we didn't have anyone last year and it was not the sole reason we didn't play finals, part of it but not the whole thing. If we get no one able to play senior footy at FB for next year we will adapt, fisher Gwilt Simpkin Dempster Gilbert and Blake are all reasonable defenders!

Maybe this year?
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

For starters Post was surrounded by very average tall defenders at Tigerland, whereas he would have support from quality players with us. Chips, Gwilty & Dempster especially are fantastic at getting across & supporting their teammates.

Secondly Post was delisted as the Tigers rate Asbury as a key defender, have just recruited Chaplin & have hopes that Moore will get fit & be their 3rd tall.

At 195cm, 93kegs & 22 years of age, he has done his apprenticeship & has plenty of upside. He isn't particularly strong but has long arms & is quite athletic. Comparisons to Dawson are not unreasonable but probably without the stigma that Zac had.

In our current predicament then I think he'd be worth consideration.

evo
Club Player

Please stop the Post posts !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I have a couple of tigers supporter mates that are serious footy nuts and they rate him. He was the leading contested marking player in the TAC cup comp by a huge margin. They both think he has the goods just needs to relax and enjoy his footy. Apparently doesn't throw him self around enough but heaps of potential but lots in front of him and still a development project.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:I have a couple of tigers supporter mates that are serious footy nuts and they rate him. He was the leading contested marking player in the TAC cup comp by a huge margin. They both think he has the goods just needs to relax and enjoy his footy. Apparently doesn't throw him self around enough but heaps of potential but lots in front of him and still a development project.
If he is a development project do u think he could play next year? As we have an obvious immediate need and if he takes a year then its a no.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
sax
Club Player

Jayden Post vision.

Seriously! Look at these & tell me why you wouldn't at least give him a crack! He's only 22 FFS!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
gringo
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
gringo wrote:I have a couple of tigers supporter mates that are serious footy nuts and they rate him. He was the leading contested marking player in the TAC cup comp by a huge margin. They both think he has the goods just needs to relax and enjoy his footy. Apparently doesn't throw him self around enough but heaps of potential but lots in front of him and still a development project.
If he is a development project do u think he could play next year? As we have an obvious immediate need and if he takes a year then its a no.

i think he could play next year at least as well as Blake but in three years Blake won't be there but this guy might still be in 10 years. My mate said there was a rumour that the saints were trying to trade for him and were pissed off. They claimed he will be better than Rhys Stanley and has the potential to be elite. they watch a fair bit of coburg games and think he was really unfairly treated at Coburg and the Tigers where any momentum gained was snuffed by poor management and was never given consecutive games even when playing well. Says they broke his confidence down from the time he started.

sax
Club Player

gringo wrote:
St Ick wrote:

i think he could play next year at least as well as Blake but in three years Blake won't be there but this guy might still be in 10 years. My mate said there was a rumour that the saints were trying to trade for him and were pissed off. They claimed he will be better than Rhys Stanley and has the potential to be elite. they watch a fair bit of coburg games and think he was really unfairly treated at Coburg and the Tigers where any momentum gained was snuffed by poor management and was never given consecutive games even when playing well. Says they broke his confidence down from the time he started.

Totally agree with you Gringo!

Definately worth having a look.

And looking at the vision I posted earlier, has a very "High Ceiling" as they would say in the NBA!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Seems he's anything from a Ferrari to an Edsel.

Thankfully we have a few experts at the club who can kick his tyres and decide whether to take possession of the keys 8-)