I'm shattered !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

I'm shattered !

I'm completely shattered ! I thought finally the Saints recruiters had come of age and we were about to grab a mature full back to compliment the list and prevent the bleeding that occurred down back this year!

But no we select some soft gumby because he is a nice bloke! I understand the Saints are looking for quality people with the history they have - but I never seen a nice bloke win a fight - have you?

Football is a violent game and I am devastated we have rolled over to the point of recruiting complete 'soft c**k' gumbys like Roberton ~

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
slider
Club Player

Re: I'm shattered !

Well off to bed you go and have a good sook.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

What full back would you like?

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:What full back would you like?
Any is better then NO ONE !

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:

That isnt an answer. I suggest the ones not in the AFL at the moment would be much worse than Simpkin or Fisher. Much much worse. having said that I have no idea why we would get Robertson. if it is for depth then it is a wasted pick. Hope he becomes better than a GOP. Reckon we may have about 20 GOPS the way it is going.

kos
Club Player

Stop your whining! We haven't had a 21 year old on our list hat has played 30+ games in 10 years. You simply don't get gifted 37 games at that age without ability. Great get has given more to afl than 100% of our youngsters.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Do any of you think not having a genuine FB for 2013 is going to stop us winning a flag? We wont be contenders either way. (Hope I'm wrong by the way, but don't think I am).

Relax. We will get a quality FB next year, not just Joe the spud so we can say we've got one.

Trust the club. We might all get a nice surprise next year.

Last edited by joffaboy on Thu 29 Nov 2012 8:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:

Answered your own question.

Any is not better than Simpkin, Blake, Gwilt, Fisher.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:

Answered your own question.

Any is not better than Simpkin, Blake, Gwilt, Fisher.

Cant answer too busy

Last edited by joffaboy on Thu 29 Nov 2012 8:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Wowsers!
Very harsh on a bloke who has already played 37 games more than most people and is only 21 years old. Sheesh......

kaos theory
Club Player

Seriously WO - why to you post this extreme rubbish?

"soft gumby" really? that's an insult. Grow up. There is no super talented FB there for us to waltz in and sign up. Our defensive problem this yr were due to many causes, e.g. poor ruck work therefore couldn't have frist use of ball, therefore backs always under pressure, first yr of new coach/new plan, many new players tried down back, this was always going to lead to blowouts. We will be better drilled next yr, irrespective of a full back. E.g. look at the richmond, Jack kicked most of his 8 on us not because of a lack of FB, but poor coordination and teamwrok in the back half.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:Seriously WO - why to you post this extreme rubbish?

"soft gumby" really? that's an insult. Grow up. There is no super talented FB there for us to waltz in and sign up. Our defensive problem this yr were due to many causes, e.g. poor ruck work therefore couldn't have frist use of ball, therefore backs always under pressure, first yr of new coach/new plan, many new players tried down back, this was always going to lead to blowouts. We will be better drilled next yr, irrespective of a full back. E.g. look at the richmond, Jack kicked most of his 8 on us not because of a lack of FB, but poor coordination and teamwrok in the back half.

Dont try to reason with a cabbage who posted a "look at me" thread.

The OP simply has no idea anf the hyperbole on this and other threads show either emotional immaturity or some type of cognitive arrested development.

To post statements like "the worst recruit EVER by St.Kilda" should tell you this bloke is either having a lend or not dealing from a full deck.

I mean really. Is it the reaction of an objective and reasoned individual?

if the OP is serious I feel he needs to get off his computer and get some perspective on what really is important.

Lance or James??

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Definitely deluded.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Good on you boys safety in numbers you wankers...no one is allowed to have an opinion on this site! You are like a team of school yard bullies - yet all cowards !

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Possibly the worst opening post I've EVER seen

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I am disappointed we haven't taken the chance on a state league FB…

But we can't blame Roberton for that, he will not be the worst player on our list next year by a fair margin.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Good on you boys safety in numbers you wankers...no one is allowed to have an opinion on this site! You are like a team of school yard bullies - yet all cowards !
Serious? You might be right and might be wrong, but either way we won't know for a couple of years so how could you be so certain about it?

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Not sure where the soft thing is coming from. He won half his possessions in a contest. Maybe because he's tall and skinny.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

You talk about our recruiters coming of age. Maybe they have which is why we have not recruited someone considered sub par or surplus to our needs. I refer you back to 2009 when we had a percieved lack of goalkicking mids with pace. We picked up Lovett and Peake. While Lovetts head exploded not long after he was picked up, Peake tried hard but could never fix his deficiencies.

So would you prefer to select the Brett Peake version of a FB? Personally I was hoping for one, but obviously they didn't find any good enough. I don't think its doom and gloom, its suprising but surely its a good sign that he has impressed on the training track - not too many have been picked up after training with us over the past few years!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
defacto
Club Player

oh its going to be funny when 9/10 of saints supporters who have never seen roberton play, finally get to see him

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

vacuous space wrote:Not sure where the soft thing is coming from. He won half his possessions in a contest. Maybe because he's tall and skinny.
I think this is where it comes from, skinny 18 year old getting pushed off the contest suddenly becomes soft in some peoples eyes... Its definitely not my thinking.

Just on our selections, last preseason we were thinking who on earth is this skinny Milera kid in a moon boot who was playing for Port twos two years ago, what a wasted pick... so anyone bagging Roberton just needs to look at that and have faith in what our recruiters can see.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:

That isnt an answer. I suggest the ones not in the AFL at the moment would be much worse than Simpkin or Fisher. Much much worse. having said that I have no idea why we would get Robertson. if it is for depth then it is a wasted pick. Hope he becomes better than a GOP. Reckon we may have about 20 GOPS the way it is going.

I'm sure the recruiting staff would no more than us simple posters on here.....same old lines 66 :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Image

What are doing puting YOUR baby photos up on here? :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Possibly the worst opening post I've EVER seen
Must be...cause I haven't seen you for awhile Iceman...

Hope you're well