Kosi MUST play out the season

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Kosi MUST play out the season

For the good of the team, Kosi must play out the season in the senior side.

For the good of Riewoldt, Kosi must play out the season in the seniors.

For the good of our structure, Kosi must play out the year in the seniors.

The game has gone past Justin and is quicker then ever but we can structure our forward line around him to still have pressure inside the 50. Kosi should see out the year as a stay at home forward using his muscle and bulk to take marks and to bring the ball to ground for the crumbers.

Forward 6

Milne Kosi Saad

Schneider Roo Sippos

Keep the young players rotating thru the team but keep this forward structure when all players are fit. Thanks

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi MUST play out the season

Tanking, I like it.

Thankfully there is no chance of Kosi playing out the season… he's been struggling at Sandringham, true story.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

It is going to be really important for the development of the younger brigade to have stronger mature bodies in the side. And Kosi's experience in a coaching and mentoring type of way is what Kosi can give to the team. I'd keep him in for those reasons alone.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

A shame his form has been close to atrocious. Even if his form was moderate, at least then there could be a strong argument in favour of this.

Jeez, perhaps we could give Kosi another chance with Beau out. But how is he supposed to mentor the younger players when he can't lead from example with some actual playing ability?

If he doesn't improve soon, it'll be about time to introduce young Spencer White to the bigs. That kid is going to be a gun. Can't wait to see him get the call up.
Last edited by Sainternist on Fri 26 Apr 2013 6:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:For the good of the team, Kosi must play out the season in the senior side.

For the good of Riewoldt, Kosi must play out the season in the seniors.

For the good of our structure, Kosi must play out the year in the seniors.

The game has gone past Justin and is quicker then ever but we can structure our forward line around him to still have pressure inside the 50. Kosi should see out the year as a stay at home forward using his muscle and bulk to take marks and to bring the ball to ground for the crumbers.

Forward 6

Milne Kosi Saad

Schneider Roo Sippos

Keep the young players rotating thru the team but keep this forward structure when all players are fit. Thanks
Agree with one proviso; Sippos hasn't by any stretch cemented a spot in the side. He is still very young and very inexperienced, meaning his form will be up & down like a yo yo for a fair while !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Greg T
Club Player

Ive always thought having Kosi (hopefully fitter) would always pose a problem for the opposition
cause of his height and marking ability.He can kick straight as well.
Certainly give our crumbers more of a go....
He s not fast anymore,but a bigger player will always have to take him....
Food for thought

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
spert
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we could place a telephone pole at full forward? You have to earn a place in a team, and a tall ruck/ forward has to consistently take contested marks and convert to goals, or set up goals, plus has to be able to contribute to ruck work around the ground, including pack marking. Kosi used to do that years ago, but is no longer that player. Hickey would contribute more. Kosi of course should mentor young guys, but his efforts need to inspire, and a bloke who can't get much of the ball, won't inspire.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Tanking, I like it.

Thankfully there is no chance of Kosi playing out the season… he's been struggling at Sandringham, true story.
There is conventional ordinary tank - give all your youngsters heaps of game time.

and there is the SUPER TANK - play Kosi!

Really Im happy for the big Kos to play his 4-6 games this year but his body just isnt up to playing week in week out.
I wouldnt even play him every week At Sandy.

I think we need to persist with Hickey and Lee and then later down the track throw White in.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
If he doesn't improve soon.........

Have been reading this about Kosi for about 8 years now. He's done and dusted. Stupid idea to keep him in the side for 'his experience' or 'big body'. He's knackered as a senior player. Some would argue he was a few years back.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Has to play Kosi,Roo one small forward which will depend on form. The remaining spots filled with rotating mids and any of Murdoch Saunders Ross Ledger.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

There is conventional ordinary tank - give all your youngsters heaps of game time.

Really Im happy for the big Kos to play his 4-6 games this year but his body just isnt up to playing week in week out.

I think we need to persist with Hickey and Lee and then later down the track throw White in.
Yeah, there's some really fresh ideas coming through over the last couple of weeks…

Hope Scotty is reading, maybe I should jot them down, so he can combine them all & thank us later…

1. Kosi must play all year, regardless of form or fitness, just has to play - think structure

2. New midfield, Milne, Simpkin & Maister… sounds crazy, but it just may work

3. Don't play Hickey & Lee, but just keep our fingers crossed that, when they do come into the side in 2 years, they destroy the comp

4. Riewoldt should play at CHB - you know it makes sense

5. 4 small forwards, it really isn't enough, we need Schneider & the Minch in there too.

I'm sure I have forgotten heaps… apologies, I'll add more later.

PJ
SS Life Member

Kosi should have spent more time in the ruck instead of running Ben ragged on a short break.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Kosi should have spent more time in the ruck instead of running Ben ragged on a short break.

He didnt like like getting near it in the ruck. he cant ruck.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
PJ wrote:Kosi should have spent more time in the ruck instead of running Ben ragged on a short break.

?

SuperDuper
Club Player

I have been saying he is gone, done dusted... But i must say his first quarter and a half on Thursday were great. Kicked a goal, contested very hard, bodied people, showed desperation.... If he maintained that I would be happy tp play him....

Of course, he dropped off in the 2nd half.. substantially.. and the small ground and slow tight contest also suited him....
I would like Lee given more time.. so.. I am now on the fence a bit with Kosi.. which is a movement from being in the "retire now" side

SuperDuper
Club Player

Oh, and I thought Kosi did spend reasonable amounts of time rucking, and did quite well.. he is clearly better than Maister in that paricular role...

although I still have Maister ahead of him.. Maister was going well against essendon until he broke his wrist in the 2nd quarter... I recon he was contesting well... shame for him after all his hard work to getthat injury

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I hope he gets to 200. I really do. It would just be a good for the club as a whole. Kosi, the club and the supporters have been through a lot together. And there is no denying he loves us all.
Last edited by Cairnsman on Fri 26 Apr 2013 7:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

?

I have no idea why I said like once let alone twice. Anyway he cant ruck. Its nearly embarrassing.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:I have been saying he is gone, done dusted... But i must say his first quarter and a half on Thursday were great. Kicked a goal, contested very hard, bodied people, showed desperation.... If he maintained that I would be happy tp play him....

Of course, he dropped off in the 2nd half.. substantially.. and the small ground and slow tight contest also suited him....
I would like Lee given more time.. so.. I am now on the fence a bit with Kosi.. which is a movement from being in the "retire now" side
People do realise he was collected by Mumford...was it the third? Was back and forth with the doctor, and no, it was not because he has no awareness...it just happened.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:I have been saying he is gone, done dusted... But i must say his first quarter and a half on Thursday were great. Kicked a goal, contested very hard, bodied people, showed desperation.... If he maintained that I would be happy tp play him....

People do realise he was collected by Mumford...was it the third? Was back and forth with the doctor, and no, it was not because he has no awareness...it just happened.

Like head butting the ball.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Funny....

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Exactly! he was cleaned up big time. His contested mark for the first goal is exactly what the young guys need to experience. And when the big guy doesn't clunk them then that's when the 4000 small forwards we've got need to show something. Kosi has always been important to our structure and the question remains who is going to take his spot when he's gone. Big issue in my mind in terms of having a Kosi type in the forward line. We still need to find a monster forward.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Yeah, there's some really fresh ideas coming through over the last couple of weeks…

Hope Scotty is reading, maybe I should jot them down, so he can combine them all & thank us later…

1. Kosi must play all year, regardless of form or fitness, just has to play - think structure

2. New midfield, Milne, Simpkin & Maister… sounds crazy, but it just may work

3. Don't play Hickey & Lee, but just keep our fingers crossed that, when they do come into the side in 2 years, they destroy the comp

4. Riewoldt should play at CHB - you know it makes sense

5. 4 small forwards, it really isn't enough, we need Schneider & the Minch in there too.

I'm sure I have forgotten heaps… apologies, I'll add more later.

quite the comic.... :twisted: ...but i wouldn't be advising you to give up your day job just yet.... :mrgreen:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

gifted another goal to roo too.... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

yep...head clash in a marking contest......form dropped off after that....