Spencer White

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Spencer White

Just watched him play for the first time. Very exciting prospect. Run and carry while bouncing was amazing. With an extra 5 to 10 kegs this kid could be awesome. Great hands too. Not sure about his kicking. Seems to poke at the pill a bit. Could have kicked 5 or 6 today. Future looks bright. :D

Re: Spencer White

Lot to be excited about.

White does look a bit like Buddy with his run and carry, but lets not put too much expectation on the kid.

I like the way the Zebra's went about ti today. Look very very fit with a fair bit of toe.

Really liked Hickey's game. Milera was a very damaging small forward however the Tigers put on very little pressure go into their defensive fifty.

Sipposs had a nice game, as did Dunnell. Shenton certainly has some toe and with the lack of pressure looked the good.

All in all the kids certainly went OK.

Couple them with Lee, Saunders, Murdoch, Newnes and Wright and we are lookig at the makings of a pretty decent outfit in the next couple of years.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

We need two more drafts and trading etc to assemble the next lot.

Some exciting 'prospects'.

Minchington and Lever look likely prospects.
Last edited by SaintPav on Sat 27 Apr 2013 5:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Uncle Barrels
Club Player

I'd rather see White at AFL level than Kosi these days.

I know he's a bit too slight at the moment, and we don't want to rush him in and ruin him, but the INSTANT that he's ready.....

noob
Club Player

Needs to work on his ruckman like kicking. Has a similar action to Hickey.

kimberly saint
Club Player

Was he really that good today , or are we scratching up another tommy walsh. I dont mean to sound negative and question people judgement i just now supporters get bit carried away at times. Is there any links for the game or high lights for those in remote WA :D

kp83
Club Player

kimberly saint wrote:Was he really that good today , or are we scratching up another tommy walsh. I dont mean to sound negative and question people judgement i just now supporters get bit carried away at times. Is there any links for the game or high lights for those in remote WA :D
He looked a very likely type today. Definately needs to get fitter and stronger as most 18y.o's do, but I think we have a player here.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

kp83 wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:Was he really that good today , or are we scratching up another tommy walsh. I dont mean to sound negative and question people judgement i just now supporters get bit carried away at times. Is there any links for the game or high lights for those in remote WA :D
He looked a very likely type today. Definately needs to get fitter and stronger as most 18y.o's do, but I think we have a player here.
From what I saw, he didn't have much opposition.
BUT, unlike Tommy Walsh, this kid looked like he understood the game and instinctively ran to dangerous places.
He hasn't got any strength as yet so he was marking the footy because of footy smarts/ability rather than just trough sheer size advantage.
And he is deceptively quick for a guy his size. I'm not sure exactly how tall he is (I'd guess around the 190-193cm mark), but he plays like a tall with the ability to run away from any tall defender.

kimberly saint
Club Player

kp83 wrote:
cheers, sounds promising

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He was playing in a team that had 45 scoring shots..... Daniel Archer would have kicked a bag!

But the boy has some unique attributes and special tricks..... That is exciting. His speed is something else...

In saying that, Terry Milera looked like Darren Jarman at that level.... He is possibly two levels above VFL.

Stanley, Riewoldt, White, Gilbert.... There are some really exciting tall athletes there.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

If he had Tommy Walshs body he would be in our seniors.

The kid has a stack of skill, has paced and is very exciting.

But he is only 18 and has a HUGE way to go. We cant look for saviours and as someone else said we dont want to Jack Watts him and ruin him.

Let him learn his trade, maybe a few games in the seniors for a taste, but lets make sure it is done right. Because if it is, we may have something pretty good in the next few years.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kimberly saint
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
kp83 wrote:
From what I saw, he didn't have much opposition.
BUT, unlike Tommy Walsh, this kid looked like he understood the game and instinctively ran to dangerous places.
He hasn't got any strength as yet so he was marking the footy because of footy smarts/ability rather than just trough sheer size advantage.
And he is deceptively quick for a guy his size. I'm not sure exactly how tall he is (I'd guess around the 190-193cm mark), but he plays like a tall with the ability to run away from any tall defender.

cheers , a long way from happening and sum wat dreaming but if lee and white make it two very mobile fowards, alot head aces for defenders :D

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He was playing in a team that had 45 scoring shots..... Daniel Archer would have kicked a bag!

But the boy has some unique attributes and special tricks..... That is exciting. His speed is something else...

So true. Would be interesting to see the kid under some extreme pressure. Milera cracked last week and looked like Daicos today. No pressure, especially the last quarter running against a gale.

However the positive is that the Zebs looked very fit, which you would expect from a team chock a bloc full of AFL listed players.

Lance or James??

felix
Club Player

Any footage of that goal he kicked that had the commontators were raving about .

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:Any footage of that goal he kicked that had the commontators were raving about .
The kick from Webster was as good as the goal.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
felix wrote:Any footage of that goal he kicked that had the commontators were raving about .
try here guys
Munga wrote:
For those who couldn't see today's match, it's up on iView

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/32785
thats quick

and if your not sure of Iview - try recording this repeat
Wednesday 01 May

2:31am - 5:29am
ABC1

VFL - Round 4: Teams Tba - ABC1 (Repeat)
Sport
Werribee play Sandringham in Round 4 of the VFL.
and maybe someone is good with youtubeing :()

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bigred
Saintsational Legend

He will get games if he keeps playing well.

He has impressice skills and he can jump. His vert leap is crazy.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Hopefully we'll see it up on Youtube during the week.

But this is pretty much how it unfolded....

Webster was kicking out from a point, and played on. Managed to side step the man on the mark really nicely and kicked it long to the broadcast side wing - a huge kick. Most of the players were sitting between 40m and 60m out from goal, and this kick cleared the lot of them. We were kicking into the wind, but the breeze was diagonal across the ground heading towards this side of the ground.

White was side by side with his opponent as the ball was coming in. The wind got underneath it as the Werribee player attacked the ball, but White read the ball much better. He turned quickly and marked the ball going with the flight, and has daylight between him and the goals. This is still on the wing, pretty much in front of the interchange gates.

White took off, and there was plenty of Buddy about him. Long steps, high knee lift, and the pulled up socks. Took 4 fairly unconvincing bounces (just a strange looking style) and drilled a low ball straight through the middle from about 30m out. Nothing really stopping him running in further, but he looked beatifully balanced and confident as he slotted it. Theres a goal in his "draft prospects" video that pretty similar actually.

And the funny thing was that the point he kicked in the last quarter was just as impressive. Same sort of thing but with a lot more traffic about, just shanked the kick under more pressure.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

He's a lot taller than 190 to 193
Like roo the higher ball drop means he will always have a bit of risk in his kicking
Same with buddy. Even buddy wasn't that great at 18.
But looks like he has some serious talent to work with

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:He's a lot taller than 190 to 193
Like roo the higher ball drop means he will always have a bit of risk in his kicking
Same with buddy. Even buddy wasn't that great at 18.
But looks like he has some serious talent to work with
According to the Saints website he's 196cm and 84 kg. So some filling out to do. But ......that's enough height to develop into a gorilla forward. And if he's quick too.....a lot to look forward to with him.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Visually exciting but there was plenty of effort across the board to get the win-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

someone on BF has done this from phone via video

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Mate, I saw this guy play today, albeit on tv. Do you remember Buddy's goal against Essendon in 2010 where he galloped along the wing and casually slotted a massive goal from outside 50? Well, White did that today.
He is going to be a player, raking left foot on him.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
mcadam05
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
8856brother wrote:
try here guys
Munga wrote:
For those who couldn't see today's match, it's up on iView

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/32785
thats quick

and if your not sure of Iview - try recording this repeat
Wednesday 01 May

2:31am - 5:29am
ABC1

VFL - Round 4: Teams Tba - ABC1 (Repeat)
Sport
Werribee play Sandringham in Round 4 of the VFL.
and maybe someone is good with youtubeing :()

Funny enough i was tossing up too record the game but I didnt! I will record it on weds and post the goal later in the day