Complete Rebuild....Has to be.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Burkey 1
Club Player

Complete Rebuild....Has to be.

At seasons end I believe Scott has to look at a total rebuild, line by line as well as his coaching staff.

This process MUST start NOW, just admit we are in transition and just get on with it, first step to remedy this soory state is accept where we are and start 2014 planning now....must happen or the scrutiny will now start on you Scott my boy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Complete Rebuild....Has to be.

Burkey 1 wrote:At seasons end I believe Scott has to look at a total rebuild, line by line as well as his coaching staff.

This process MUST start NOW, just admit we are in transition and just get on with it, first step to remedy this soory state is accept where we are and start 2014 planning now....must happen or the scrutiny will now start on you Scott my boy.

Can I aske what they would do differently to what they are doing now?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ross, Webster, Ferguson, Newnes, Wright, Hickey....fair chunk of youngins there.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Full rebuild? I think we're already there Burkey 1

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

We are paying for past Recruiting Mistakes, which cumulatively will cost us quite a few years to resolve. Unfortunately, I can't see any stars in the making for finals tilts in the future.

It's going to be a very hard road ahead - far worse than I expected.

citywest

plugger66 wrote:
Burkey 1 wrote:At seasons end I believe Scott has to look at a total rebuild, line by line as well as his coaching staff.

I'll answer this, everyone over the age of 28 to be either traded or de-listed. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Montagna and Dal Santo (whom I love both) need to be cashed in (traded) for picks in the top 25.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:We are paying for past Recruiting Mistakes, which cumulatively will cost us quite a few years to resolve. Unfortunately, I can't see any stars in the making for finals tilts in the future.

It's going to be a very hard road ahead - far worse than I expected.
Only a Gehrig, Hamill and Penny away from turning it around.
too bad we don't have a Grant Thomas to make it happen!

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Front end the contracts and buy in a new Gehrig/Hamill.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Burkey 1 wrote:At seasons end I believe Scott has to look at a total rebuild, .

No but we are lacking at least:

* 2 elite mids
* A key defender..maybe two.

Without these, our team really struggles. Steven and Armo are good support mids, but are not elite.
Lack of true key defenders hurts us against teams with good big tall forwards...and all the contenders apart from the Blues have them.

From what I have seen we have some quite good kids who will get better with games. Not sure we have many emerging stars though, and that is a real concern.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
jaxons
Club Player

citywest wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I'll answer this, everyone over the age of 28 to be either traded or de-listed. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Montagna and Dal Santo (whom I love both) need to be cashed in (traded) for picks in the top 25.

Great thinking!!
You want to delist Riewoldt?
Do you want to end up like Melbourne?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Dafuq are you on about...? Do you really want 150 point drubbings every week?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Go away you football no nothing. Your knowledge of the game is up there with the Catholic church knowledge of pedophilia.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

A strong marking forward would be handy too.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Go away you football no nothing. Your knowledge of the game is up there with the Catholic church knowledge of pedophilia.[/quote]

Not sure that came out quite right.

Catholic church has quite extensive knowledge and experience in kiddy fiddling.
It is their desire to act against it that is lacking!

citywest

No Jaxons, I don't want to delist Rooey, I would expect him to be traded for a pick around 30ish.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:No Jaxons, I don't want to delist Rooey, I would expect him to be traded for a pick around 30ish.
I will punch you through my laptop you moron.

SAAD
Club Player

LOL at everyone over 28 has to go...ridiculous...

Come to terms with where we are at...we had a good run and went close but it is allllll over now...we will be bottom four for the next 3 seasons and yes it hurts.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

We need a gun mid who can back up jack and Armo. We are seeing post Lenny now and need a ready to go mid. Big backman is absolutely necessary against teams like North.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:No Jaxons, I don't want to delist Rooey, I would expect him to be traded for a pick around 30ish.

Go away. Actually its funny reading what a person says and then guessing how many issues that person has. I am guessing a hell of a lot.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

citywest wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I have read some ridiculous garbage on here but this is just champagne comedy!!! Go away you stupid little twit

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
City west is a troll and should bd banned

I love this club
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
citywest is an Essendon troll, put him on ignore.

Has been banned from here and BF on a number of ocasions for trolling the St.Kilda forums.

Has a mental illness.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Mental illness and supporting Saints not always mutually exclusive!

kaos theory
Club Player

You are 3 month behind. That process has been in full swing already this yr. Coaching department is on the right track now.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
citywest is an Essendon troll, put him on ignore.

Has been banned from here and BF on a number of ocasions for trolling the St.Kilda forums.

Has a mental illness.
Don't know how the scum is not banned completely

I love this club