Idiots at the footy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Idiots at the footy

A experience at the bar watching the game yesterday (you actually get a interesting view on level 2 behind the goals, how teams spread is one) made me ask

'what are the stupidest football followers have you sat/stood next too"

These two spent the whole game taking pot shots at the saints and in smaller levels the suns. Some were not surprising "enjoy your 10 year holiday" when milne kicked a goal but some were strange.
They had a thing about riewoldt getting free kicks, especially the one on the far wing where he had his head ripped off. When they jeered him for a mark he took which they thought included some sheparding I politely asked them what their problem was as they were happy for more serious frees to go unrewarded. One said "what, the guy who has barely had a kick"... to which I pointed out yes the one that had booted a match winning 4 goals. Told him if he shut up for a second and watched with two eyes he would learn more about football.... idiot...

So whats the more annoying or bizarre fans you have had to put up with.

PS - those in 2009 who kept abusing gwilt, thinking it was raph despite him not playing is a good example.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Idiots at the footy

No bigger idiots than the ones that booed Troy Schwarze after the 2004 Wizard Cup.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:No bigger idiots than the ones that booed Troy Schwarze after the 2004 Wizard Cup.

Agreed. Booing your own player is simply inacceptable whatever team it is. That day was embarrassing IMO.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Some plonker at the away game against Gold Coast last year. He was indulging in having a fairly protracted and loud crack at Raph which culminated when Raph shot a bullet pass to a teammate who proceeded to drop a fairly simple mark. So naturally you'd have a crack at the bloke who kicked it, not the spud that dropped the mark..... :roll:

Amazing how many people in the crowd agreed with me when I told the bloke he was a peanut and having a crack at the wrong player, especially as none of them said a word to him until after I had a crack.

That's the ticket with oxygen bandits, they get away with it because so few people are prepared to call them out on their stupidity.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i usually threaten these kind of peanuts with telling them if they dont shut their trap then, well....ill make you play an ibenez

get a bit at the crows and port games other here
the usual stuff about milne
roo cops a bit when he's over here
still harping on about that day he cried

can remember going to a neutral match at aami that was crows v blues with a guy from work
crows were kicking backwards for the switch all day and this old bloke was booing his head off
i was sitting right behind him and said why on earth would you boo your own team for keeping possession and doing (obviously) what the team rule is

i dont pay to watch this crap was the answer
i proceeded to tell him that if he had a clue he'd realize that bombing it forward to a major contest wasnt working for a half of football and if thye bomb it long the blues will just run it down the middle and score
'i dont give a crap what you think' was the reply
literally two mins later they bomb it out hurriedly and its turned over with the blues running it straight thru the goals with fev kicking one from memory

geez louise you know your football huh was my sly dig to the old man in front
i dont give a s***, you arent even a member he replied

nope im not capt obvious, its why im sitting here in a saints jacket watching a neutral game

complete numpty who believed if hte game was boring he had the right to boo his own team because they werent playing the way he wanted to

i kindly reminded him it was not 1977 any more when they had no floods, players held positions on the field and kick it up the guts was the catch cry

have heard a couple of racist comments come out of crows and port fans mouths too
sitting at hte back of our cheersquad bay at aami and just mouthing
plenty have turned around and complained and made the people look like complete numpties
have even had a couple with their kids all decked out in crows gear turn and say something to a few clowns
theres idiots in every supporter base

spert
Saintsational Legend

It's all pretty insignificant compared to the Essendon supporters who believe having inspiration wins clears Hird of any wrong, and counteracts any un-ethical substance experiments on their unsuspecting but willing players.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The worst I have experienced was about Raph too…

It was the 2011 final against Sydney, these 4 guys sitting behind us were pretty pissed, but they kept saying the same lines over and over

"You're f-ing s@#$ Raph"
&
"Do a knee Raph"

I think that was one of Raph's clumsiest games of footy & I remember thinking that night that his career was over…

But what they were yelling out I just found so appalling, I ending up standing up and asking them to shut up, luckily the left at half time.

Essendon cheer squad about Milne was right up there… I nearly got in a punch on with a Hawthorn fan in the MCC one day too.

There are idiots at every club though, lots at the saints… I'm sure I have been one over the journey too.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Worst I saw was a Saints supporter standing on his seat, red in the face veins bulging, screaming hatred at Kosi.

Close to the boundary.

I'm sure he heard.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

there is a few on here.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:The worst I have experienced was about Raph too…

It was the 2011 final against Sydney, these 4 guys sitting behind us were pretty pissed, but they kept saying the same lines over and over

"You're f-ing s@#$ Raph"
&
"Do a knee Raph"

I think that was one of Raph's clumsiest games of footy & I remember thinking that night that his career was over…

But what they were yelling out I just found so appalling, I ending up standing up and asking them to shut up, luckily the left at half time.

Essendon cheer squad about Milne was right up there… I nearly got in a punch on with a Hawthorn fan in the MCC one day too.

There are idiots at every club though, lots at the saints… I'm sure I have been one over the journey too.
I was right there that night v Swans too...the D1ckheads followed me at half time & tried to intimidate my wife & I. When they realised I was walking down to catch up with a few mates on the right side of 6 foot & the wrong side of 100kegs, they got all chummy. Three total knuckleheads

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Animal Enclosure wrote: I was right there that night v Swans too...the D1ckheads followed me at half time & tried to intimidate my wife & I. When they realised I was walking down to catch up with a few mates on the right side of 6 foot & the wrong side of 100kegs, they got all chummy. Three total knuckleheads

Did you know they've named a forum in your honour ?? :D

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

The stupid supporters who invaded AAMI Stadium in 2004? Still seeth that the loss of momentum cost us a premiership.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Raph(hopeless), Milney (rapist), Kosi (sh*t), Riewoldt (crying)....getting any free kick...

One of the reasons I go to very few games now, even though I am a member... Rather watch it on my own.... In the end I was going to a different spot every quarter to avoid wankers like that. Belted a guy in 2006ish and decided enough was enough after that, not worth having a unejoyable experience....

Only go now with close mates to watch certain games.... The idiots have put me off.... Wouldn't take my kids in a fit!.,

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I am dedicating my whole anti Essendon and the Karma bus about to hit the Bombers to the Essendon idiot from a couple of years ago whose only form of attack was "Shut up you s--g"

Granted he was a heart attack waiting to happen and I had my fingers crossed it would happen before the final siren, but never in close to 48 years of attending games, have I ever been spoken to, nor have I spoken to anyone like that.

I could have cheerfully slapped the fool, but I didn't want to get arrested.

So sir, this whole dreadful seven months is dedicated to you and may I see the skid marks down your back from the K-bus.

resaintlee
Club Player

A few years back there were four older women in Collingwood colours yelling frantically at our Milney, "pedophile".
It really was the pits.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

resaintlee wrote:A few years back there were four older women in Collingwood colours yelling frantically at our Milney, "pedophile".
It really was the pits.

The Collingwood Cheer Squad circa 1953?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Probably the one for me this year was the bloke that called SW "useless"

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: Belted a guy in 2006ish and decided enough was enough after that, ....
Plugger 66?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

SW was pretty poor that night.... And has a long way to go to prove himself as a coach.... Similar record to Tim Watson at this stage... Luckily for him GWS exists

Sainter93
Club Player

This 7 foot bald bloke was going purple in the face about the umpires and the lack of frees Barry Hall was getting in the 2010 prelim against the dogs. A group of saints fans in the standing area started chanting and giving him some stick after the guy made some comments about Riewoldt. He got up and turned around to start yelling back and making some pretty serious threats, but his wife then pulled him back down into his seat. The saints fans wouldn't stop laughing.

One of the bigger idiots that I have seen at the footy.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Probably the funniest, and I mean really funny, was when this bloke was running one of our players down and his Dad took umbrage to it and took him to task and made him look like a complete twat...talk about embarrassing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
BigMart wrote: Belted a guy in 2006ish and decided enough was enough after that, ....
Plugger 66?

Yep.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

"Meh. I once shot a man in Reno; just to watch him die!"

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

resaintlee wrote:A few years back there were four older women in Collingwood colours yelling frantically at our Milney, "pedophile".
It really was the pits.
There is nothing worse than the Evil Collingwood Granny!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Hate it at all levels of footy you support but never abuse. The funniest blokes are the clowns that run around in the twos then abuse senior players for being useless.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL