Which Saints recruit will have the most impact in 2005?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Aaron Fiora
26%
Cain Ackland
43%
Mark McGough
5%
Andrew McQualter
5%
James Gwilt
22%

Total votes: 111

saintsational
Club President

Decided to bring in a weekly poll to the site, which you can vote for here and on the homepage at www.saintsational.com

If there's a question you would like to see in next week's poll just send a PM to me and I'll pick one each week.

On the poll, Ackland for me - all the reports and the way he's been training suggests this guy could be a sleeping giant who's just woken up!
Last edited by saintsational on Tue 22 Feb 2005 6:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Yeah thats my pick as well.....

I am just wondering is Cain Ackland eligible for the rising star award this year??

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
HarveysDeciple

McGough for consistency.
But Ackland for impact and significance to overall result of side.

milnedog
Club Player

I said Ackland just because he is the most likely to get a regular game this year

BROWNLOW: DalSanto 06, Ball 08, Riewoldt 07, Ball + Dal + ROO tie 09.
saintsational
Club President

St Fidelius wrote:I am just wondering is Cain Ackland eligible for the rising star award this year??
Unfortunatly not, he turns 23 on March 16 and I'm pretty sure you have to be under 21 and played less than 10 games in a season...

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Acland for me with Gwilt as a smokie 8)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Gotta go on 1st impressions. Fiora really impressed me with his game in the intra club. Ackland was B****y good too !!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I cast my vote for Cain Ackland, I was very impressed with his ruck work and general play in the intra club game, he looks like a fantastic pick up

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
bozza1980
Club Player

Granted it was only an intra club match but it reinforced what I already thought, Ackland and Fiora will be fantastic pick ups for the club. I can't split those two

That said all the newbies did something to like on Friday night.

With the depth to our list at the minute Springvale must be rubbing their hands together

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Has to be Ackland at this stage, but Fiora was very impressive and McGough will be handy.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
yipper
SS Life Member

Yep. On first impressions - Acland looks the goods whilst Fiora will be a great pick-up. Acland gets my vote.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

I voted for McGough.

Seems to been forgotten again a little now,but im sure thats what he would be after.He should be able to knuckle down and cement a spot for himself and delivering the ball into the forwards...Looking forward to seeing him in action in a saints guernsey. :D

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
st.mart
SS Hall of Fame

Fiora - Most Talented

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Plenty of candidates for Fiora's spot, not so many for Ackland... if for no other reasaon, Ackland will play so Kosi can go forward

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

i voted for Fiora... i think his pace (in a *slowish* squad) and delivery into the forward 50 will be very important...

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Gotta be Ackland will be a regular played well in the intra club.
Fiora will be okay but not too special when the pressure is on he crumbles and their was not much pressure in the intra club.....

Halo
Club Player

The way he played on Friday night it has to be Ackland

back pocket
Club Player

I hope it's McGough, just to stick it up Eddie and shytehouse. :)

Paul Couch owes me a Saints jumper!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius.
tezza1
Club Player

Ackland

I saw enough of Ackland in the intraclub game to know this guy is a ready made league footballer . If he stays fit he will add another dimension to the Saints releasing Kosi and making tough matchups even tougher for opposition .

Go Sainters !!!!!
Moose
SS Hall of Fame

I voted for Gough. :?

This forum just proves NO ONE knows anything about football......
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Ackland. First I thought it might be McGough - but Ackland is more likely to be a regular than McGough or Fiora - just because of where he plays.............

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
twaq
Club Player

jon hiseman wrote:Ackland. First I thought it might be McGough - but Ackland is more likely to be a regular than McGough or Fiora - just because of where he plays.............

After watching last nites game it was obvious that as soon as Ackland went off and GT brought Stone into the Ruck was when Hawthorn began their run on. Ackland also in my opinion beat the best tap ruckman in the league last night. It is for these reasons that i think the Big Axe will have the most influence out of all the new guys in 05.

8) 8)

Moose
SS Hall of Fame

twaq wrote:
After watching last nites game it was obvious that as soon as Ackland went off and GT brought Stone into the Ruck was when Hawthorn began their run on. Ackland also in my opinion beat the best tap ruckman in the league last night. It is for these reasons that i think the Big Axe will have the most influence out of all the new guys in 05.

8) 8)
While I wont comment on the effectiveness of Stone, you are drawing a long bow by suggesting this was the reason the game turned. Most of the prime movers were off at the same time. Also, other factors contributed to us letting down our guard which seems to be covered pretty well by all and sundry.
One more thing TWAQ, you avatar seems to have 1 image faulty, don't know if you've noticed. :wink:

This forum just proves NO ONE knows anything about football......
St. Jimmy
Club Player

I think and want it to be Ackland> We need to have a firing ruckman!

Also, i hope Fiora comes good and he can make me eat my words! :oops:

Go Sturt, The Mighty Double Blues!!!!

Go Sainters!!!!
twaq
Club Player

Moose wrote:
twaq wrote:

8) 8)
While I wont comment on the effectiveness of Stone, you are drawing a long bow by suggesting this was the reason the game turned. Most of the prime movers were off at the same time. Also, other factors contributed to us letting down our guard which seems to be covered pretty well by all and sundry.
One more thing TWAQ, you avatar seems to have 1 image faulty, don't know if you've noticed. :wink:
...nope havent noticed.???

8) 8)