Simon McPhee

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Simon McPhee

I cant remember where I read it, but know people were wondering about future of Simon McPhee as Sandy coach now that Watters was sacked. (no idea why but guess its reasonable concern, think came from that Watters was main reason to get him across)

But I've spoken to Sandringham and can confirm that Simon McPhee will be coaching Zebras in 2014.

Not sure about if any of his roles at Saints will change but he'll definently still be the coach of Sandy and development coach for Saints kids.

FQF
SS Life Member

Re: Simon McPhee

I'm glad. By all accounts, he's doing a good job.

As a close follower of Sandy, do you agree with that?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Probably doesn't matter if Sandy are allowed to put a cap on the number of Saints players playing for Sandy each round

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

FQF wrote:I'm glad. By all accounts, he's doing a good job.

As a close follower of Sandy, do you agree with that?
Very happy, he's a outstanding coach and I honestly think he could be left field option to be in some sort of succession plan for main gig. Has the experience and success already in state leagues, and has AFL experience with his role with Saints over past couple years.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

as i said til i was blue in the face a while back ... the guys like Mcphee didnt get jobs at the club because they were Scott Watters mates ... they got the job because at the time they were the best available... people think that cause Scott was from WA and McPhee was from WA they must be mates , fact is i doubt Scott and Simon had a lot to do with each other they were at rival clubs in the WAFL ... McPhee got his job at St Kilda on his own merits

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:as i said til i was blue in the face a while back ... the guys like Mcphee didnt get jobs at the club because they were Scott Watters mates ... they got the job because at the time they were the best available... people think that cause Scott was from WA and McPhee was from WA they must be mates , fact is i doubt Scott and Simon had a lot to do with each other they were at rival clubs in the WAFL ... McPhee got his job at St Kilda on his own merits
I didn't see you go blue in the face.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

stkildathunda wrote:Very happy, he's a outstanding coach and I honestly think he could be left field option to be in some sort of succession plan for main gig. Has the experience and success already in state leagues, and has AFL experience with his role with Saints over past couple years.
I for one could happily live with that.

Besides, (as we've been 'told') we could do far worse... just as long as the man knows his place in our new you-beaut 'business model'. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

theres a rumour going around that it was also the coaches who didnt get along with Scotty ... at the moment seems like Watters was good "ol scott nofriends"

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:as i said til i was blue in the face a while back ... the guys like Mcphee didnt get jobs at the club because they were Scott Watters mates ... they got the job because at the time they were the best available... people think that cause Scott was from WA and McPhee was from WA they must be mates , fact is i doubt Scott and Simon had a lot to do with each other they were at rival clubs in the WAFL ... McPhee got his job at St Kilda on his own merits
good to know...but it looks like the pelican is trying to get a gig for his best mate down at seaford..... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:I cant remember where I read it, but know people were wondering about future of Simon McPhee as Sandy coach now that Watters was sacked. (no idea why but guess its reasonable concern, think came from that Watters was main reason to get him across)

But I've spoken to Sandringham and can confirm that Simon McPhee will be coaching Zebras in 2014.

Not sure about if any of his roles at Saints will change but he'll definently still be the coach of Sandy and development coach for Saints kids.

Good work!

defacto
Club Player

well said trav!!!!

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

magnifisaint wrote:
I didn't see you go blue in the face.
Well being a ST Kilda supporter you can be excused for being red in the face over the last few weeks, and perhaps even green .. but blue Trav ? .. Im not sure we can tolerate that :)

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Spot on Trav, and I also think it was Sandringham that first approached him and obviously then Saints stuff and Zebs stuff all came together.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He's a very good coach.... In a farcical set up....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He's a very good coach.... In a farcical set up....

How should it be set up BM?

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

I second that question

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:theres a rumour going around that it was also the coaches who didnt get along with Scotty ... at the moment seems like Watters was good "ol scott nofriends"
At Sandy games he was only with his kids. Didn't hang around with Bains who was also often at games I was at.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

The only farce is you

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:theres a rumour going around that it was also the coaches who didnt get along with Scotty ... at the moment seems like Watters was good "ol scott nofriends"
At Sandy games he was only with his kids. Didn't hang around with Bains who was also often at games I was at.
And Dermott, chatting away and taking no interest in the game.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

McPhee seems really impressive. The Saints should look to upgrade him to an official assistant coach in the coming months/season (should that get signed off by whomever is appointed as the next senior coach).

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Really....

Ask some Sandy people what they think about the alignment...

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Really....

Ask some Sandy people what they think about the alignment...
It's great!

derby Street
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Given your comments BM I thought you would have been able to offer a solution - once again always a derogatory / negative comment and unable to answer a simple question. Please enlighten us how it should be set up.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i know you q was directed at bm...but personally i don't think those type of alignments can ever work to the satisfaction...complete or otherwise...of either party......stand alone teams are the only way to go imho.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
derby Street
Club Player

stinger wrote:i know you q was directed at bm...but personally i don't think those type of alignments can ever work to the satisfaction...complete or otherwise...of either party......stand alone teams are the only way to go imho.....
I share the same view Stinger - unfortunately the lack of dollars / finances makes it very difficult for the Saints to achieve in the short term. Hence I would like BM to give us all his solution to make the alignment work and not be a farce. (his words)