Schneids new dawn - Saints.com.au

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Schneids new dawn - Saints.com.au

Re: Colorado Training Updates 2013
by tony74 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:56 pm

By all accounts Schneider is as fit as he has ever been. Looking forward to a big year.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-12-2 ... -schneider
It's so easy to throw in the towel and pull the pin on it but I just kept going at it and never gave up and I was lucky enough to get back in the team and play some footy at the end of the year, which is all I wanted to do."

He was out of contract at the end of 2013 and admitted he wouldn't have been surprised if the Saints delisted him.

At 29, with just 13 games to his name over two years, he believed he was going to be lucky to keep his spot while many in the football world confidently predicted his retirement.

In fact, he was lumped together with the rest of the retirees in a photo montage tribute at a function during the AFL finals.

When the Saints offered him a one-year extension the week after their last game, he was thrilled.

But, he knew he would have to do some serious work to give himself the best chance of playing beyond 2014.

A third successive year blighted by soft-tissue injuries just wouldn't cut it.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Schneids new dawn - Saints.com.au

looking good

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
busso mick
Club Player

With so many young blokes on our list Schneider has a very important role to play as a leader and senior figure at the club. To get 2 or 3 more years out of him would be a great bonus for us. He is brilliant by foot and with the departure of Dal Santo he is very important to our goal kicking structures. Lets hope he can kick his injuries and get to 250 games for us.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

agree, with so many young players into the team, what older players we do have are very much needed.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
philtee
Club Player

Smart cookie, premiership player, could still have four years left in him if his body holds out.
Would love to see him on the half-forward line for 22 games, setting up plays and goals.
Has a lot to give the Saints and a lot to teach the new boys.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Hope he stays fit for the whole season

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Love the Schniderman!

PADDLEPOP1000
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

To be honest I'm not expecting a full season out of him, but can't wait until he coaches the Saints in the future!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

busso mick wrote:With so many young blokes on our list Schneider has a very important role to play as a leader and senior figure at the club. To get 2 or 3 more years out of him would be a great bonus for us. He is brilliant by foot and with the departure of Dal Santo he is very important to our goal kicking structures. Lets hope he can kick his injuries and get to 250 games for us.
Im still livid that Dal Santo and Goddard left whilst blokes like Joey and Schneider stayed. Utterly bizarre.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
busso mick wrote:With so many young blokes on our list Schneider has a very important role to play as a leader and senior figure at the club. To get 2 or 3 more years out of him would be a great bonus for us. He is brilliant by foot and with the departure of Dal Santo he is very important to our goal kicking structures. Lets hope he can kick his injuries and get to 250 games for us.
Im still livid that Dal Santo and Goddard left whilst blokes like Joey and Schneider stayed. Utterly bizarre.

I dont get your point at all. 2 wanted to leave and 2 wanted to stay.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

Dal seemingly was pushed and talk of Watters did not assist.

The fact that Joey remains and gets easy cash to continue being the front-runner he has always been is a bit of a let-down

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote: Im still livid that Dal Santo and Goddard left whilst blokes like Joey and Schneider stayed. Utterly bizarre.

Dal seemingly was pushed and talk of Watters did not assist.

The fact that Joey remains and gets easy cash to continue being the front-runner he has always been is a bit of a let-down

Didnt we have a poor year and Joey came second in the B&F. Doesnt seem like a front runner to me.

kimberly saint
Club Player

The Redeemer wrote:
who did we exactly end up for these two out interest ??

As most people are aware the club has choose n to try fast track the rebuild, by letting go good players at end of carriers . Im backing the club in , hope del kills it and wins a flag with north, was a great servant. hope goddard wins the brownlow in a team of VFL seconds this season and we end up with hand full of exciting new stars from two great servants.

KingSaint
Club Player

kimberly saint wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
who did we exactly end up for these two out interest ??

As most people are aware the club has choose n to try fast track the rebuild, by letting go good players at end of carriers . Im backing the club in , hope del kills it and wins a flag with north, was a great servant. hope goddard wins the brownlow in a team of VFL seconds this season and we end up with hand full of exciting new stars from two great servants.

This...two great servants who I hope have a lot of success at their respective clubs.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

The Redeemer wrote: The fact that Joey remains and gets easy cash to continue being the front-runner he has always been is a bit of a let-down
Can I get some of whatever you're smoking - it must be some potent stuff...........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:

If we had more players as good as Joey, we would be contenders again.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

If we had more players as good as Joey, we would be contenders again.
Exactly.

Back on topic, good to read that Tubsy lost 4 kilos. gotta help those hammies.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

The Redeemer wrote:
Unfortunately I think the club was determined to get trade value out of our veterans and Dal Santo was the only one who sparked genuine interest. Joey = rape trial. Fisher = issues. I'm shattered too as Dal was my favourite player but I'm hoping Longer (is the one we effectively got out of the Dal deal?) kicks the winning goal in the 2017 Grand Final and I'm glad the club made the hard decisions.

kalsaint
Club Player

So glad to see the Sneiderman back. Hopefully he cant be the architect of many midfield and forward plays. He is just so creative and genereally kicks well at goal from the standtill, set shot and on the run (2009 GF was the sad exception).

Just being there will guide the kids to better things.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
Unfortunately I think the club was determined to get trade value out of our veterans and Dal Santo was the only one who sparked genuine interest. Joey = rape trial. Fisher = issues. I'm shattered too as Dal was my favourite player but I'm hoping Longer (is the one we effectively got out of the Dal deal?) kicks the winning goal in the 2017 Grand Final and I'm glad the club made the hard decisions.
If we make the finals in 2017 we will be doing well.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

True Believer wrote:
The Redeemer wrote: The fact that Joey remains and gets easy cash to continue being the front-runner he has always been is a bit of a let-down
Can I get some of whatever you're smoking - it must be some potent stuff...........
Tell me more about how useful he was in big games back in 2008-2011...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Tell me more about how useful he was in big games back in 2008-2011...

I thought he was a front runner and werent we good back then. Sounds like that is the perfect time to be a front runner.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Great to hear I was convinced our fitness was quite ordinary during the Watters era...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Lucky to keep his spot?
what!

When he came back into the side last year he instantly added a level of class and football brains we had been missing all year. Schneids is a natural. Extremely creative and skillful.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.