Only two more sleeps

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainters4eva
Club Player

Only two more sleeps

..until the boys are back! This site has been very quiet and sooooo boring, we need a bit of news and excitement. Have a very positive feel for the new season.

spiral3
Club Player

Re: Only two more sleeps

yeah it's killing me, lucky there's decent cricket to watch!
can't wait to get to training over the next few weeks

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Is training open Monday or any time this week? Who is going to training / taking pics?

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

just wait, some moron will start a fight with another poster on here to liven things up...it's how SS operates. Just wait. :wink:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

spiral3 wrote:yeah it's killing me, lucky there's decent cricket to watch!
Depends what you define "decent cricket" as? The Aussies have faced perhaps one of the worst English sides to ever tour and are about to sweep them 5-0. Call me insane, but I don't regard a one-sided series as being decent at all.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:just wait, some moron will start a fight with another poster on here to liven things up...it's how SS operates. Just wait. :wink:
You couldn't help yourself, could you???

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
spiral3
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:
Depends what you define "decent cricket" as? The Aussies have faced perhaps one of the worst English sides to ever tour and are about to sweep them 5-0. Call me insane, but I don't regard a one-sided series as being decent at all.
ok, you're insane

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:just wait, some moron will start a fight with another poster on here to liven things up...it's how SS operates. Just wait. :wink:

Get stuffed. :D

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
spiral3
Club Player

Ross Lyon

sverik25
Club Player

spiral3 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
ok, you're insane
Nah, I usually enjoy watching Cricket but this Ashes Series has been disappointing because it has been so one sided, I'm completely over it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sverik25 wrote:
spiral3 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
ok, you're insane
Nah, I usually enjoy watching Cricket but this Ashes Series has been disappointing because it has been so one sided, I'm completely over it.

You sound like the people who rang up radio stations when we won all those tests in a row in the late 90's early 2000's who wanted us to lose because it was boring winning all the time. You know what I find boring, us being a very ordinary side and losing to the poms here and over there. Nothing boring IMO if we are much better than them and win easily. Bet Geelong supporters werent bored when they smashed PA in the GF.

spiral3
Club Player

post of the year plugger

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Getting back to the boys - does anyone know if there are any open training sessions this coming week?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

spiral3 wrote:post of the year plugger
We are only 4 days in so there isn't much competition but that still sounds a bit over the top.

There is no denying it - Plugger - like Nelson Muntz - does have his fans!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
You couldn't help yourself, could you???
:P

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

Get stuffed. :D
see..now this is exciting :)

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:You sound like the people who rang up radio stations when we won all those tests in a row in the late 90's early 2000's who wanted us to lose because it was boring winning all the time. You know what I find boring, us being a very ordinary side and losing to the poms here and over there. Nothing boring IMO if we are much better than them and win easily.
I don't know who "us" are, but personally I have trouble caring about the Australian cricket team. In fact the only sport where I actually support the Australian team is soccer. So when I'm watching cricket I just like a good contest - not what we've had in this series.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:You sound like the people who rang up radio stations when we won all those tests in a row in the late 90's early 2000's who wanted us to lose because it was boring winning all the time. You know what I find boring, us being a very ordinary side and losing to the poms here and over there. Nothing boring IMO if we are much better than them and win easily.
I don't know who "us" are, but personally I have trouble caring about the Australian cricket team. In fact the only sport where I actually support the Australian team is soccer. So when I'm watching cricket I just like a good contest - not what we've had in this series.

Well seen that we live in Australia most people would support us being Australia. Well all my mates do as well as just about everyone at my footy club. A close game with us losing doesnt excite many people I know. Us in this case is Footscray JUST.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Ya can jam Soccer

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

What's all this shite got to do with the topic at hand?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Ya can jam Soccer

Excellent Post!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:What's all this shite got to do with the topic at hand?
Nothing but nothing had happened. No rapes, pillages or natural footy disasters to speak of for over a month now. .

and plugger for a change is right.

Suck it up England you Losers.

IMO they should organise a charity T20 game for Day 5 of this test now.

What irks me with Tests is that they often finish with a full day in hand yet apart from 1970 when they played an impromptu 50 over game there is no built in contingency plan to utilize all days for cricket.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:Getting back to the boys - does anyone know if there are any open training sessions this coming week?
"OPEN" training sessions are announced on www.saints.com.au

It doesn't really matter anyway as there is bushland all around the place. If you headed down for a look I'm sure you would be made welcome !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Unfortunately, there wont be much to cheer about in Brazil, we are just there to make up the numbers and go home early.

One thing is for sure, Australia will never get even close to winning a world cup.

But getting back to more important matters, just want to hear players are training well, and no early setbacks or injuries.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:Getting back to the boys - does anyone know if there are any open training sessions this coming week?
"OPEN" training sessions are announced on http://www.saints.com.au

It doesn't really matter anyway as there is bushland all around the place. If you headed down for a look I'm sure you would be made welcome !!
Unless you are SW

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.