Centre Bounce free kicks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Centre Bounce free kicks

I reckon they got four free kicks out of the middle with little or no explanation from the commentators. Were they centre square infringements? If so why did it keep happening?

And on that first centre bounce, if the whistle blows, don't just let your opponent waltz out with the ball uncontested.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Re: Centre Bounce free kicks

I like how upset the crowd gets when they don't get a free !
I reckon we probably would have gotten 10 more frees if this game was in melbourne .
We went in real hard , took the blows yet got no reward .

In red white and black from 73
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Think the one at the start was centre square infringement , not sure about the others.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Think the one at the start was centre square infringement , not sure about the others.
Yeah, Geary ran in prematurely, they showed it briefly on the coverage.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:I like how upset the crowd gets when they don't get a free !
I reckon we probably would have gotten 10 more frees if this game was in melbourne .
We went in real hard , took the blows yet got no reward .
Didn't help us last season at Etihad when the umpires got them over the line!

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Couldn't believe the bleating from Eagle supporters behind me when a free kick was awarded against them. Had to bite my lip. Was pleasantly surprised by the Saints intensity until they tired late in the 3rd quarter.

loris
Saintsational Legend

One was by Savage, ran prematurely over the line before the centre square bounce. Can't exactly recall when it actually was given, second maybe third quarter? Watched him closely after that infringement - he sure does push the envelope. As I said in the post on 'Savage'............ if he was a tennis player he would be foot-faulted easily on his serve!!

The time that he did it, for some reason I happened to be following his movements as he appeared late to get to his position and caught my eye as he ran into position. He stood close to the line, moved anticipating the bounce, however the ump must have held delivering his bounce down a teeny bit, but Savage had committed himself to move in. He tried to arrest his momentum and was toppling forward & stepped over................. the ump standing at the corner near was in clear view and pinged him immediately.

After that I watched Savage at most bounce down's and I was surprised he wasn't caught again. He borders on infringing each time. Watch him next week if you are at the game............... unless his coaches pick him up on it.