one to watch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

one to watch

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/g ... zqsex.html

"Hugh Goddard knows he wants to be an AFL footballer, and always has. But it wasn't until recently that he felt like he knew exactly what it would be like, and ask of him.

Goddard is part of the AIS-AFL Academy, in London this week on its fourth and final training camp. As part of the program he spent a week training with Essendon in January, and it was there he realised how much he still had to learn.

The 17-year-old stayed with his cousin, and got an even better sense of how organised, intense and simply busy Brendon is. He noticed how the other players went out of their way to try and help each other get better."

R

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
lloyd21
Club Player

Re: one to watch

would be high on saints wish list already left footer.. tall flexible can play several positions Geelong Falcon

Saints94
SS Life Member

Not liking the chance of Melbourne receiving the first 3 picks of this years draft if Frawley leaves, what a joke that is they will only further stagnate the development of all 3 players IMO.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Saints94 wrote:Not liking the chance of Melbourne receiving the first 3 picks of this years draft if Frawley leaves, what a joke that is they will only further stagnate the development of all 3 players IMO.

Sorry, but how will they receive 3 picks? Surely if they finish bottom they get pick 1 and a free agent compensation for Frawley is pick 2, where does pick 3 come from?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
Saints94 wrote:Not liking the chance of Melbourne receiving the first 3 picks of this years draft if Frawley leaves, what a joke that is they will only further stagnate the development of all 3 players IMO.

Sorry, but how will they receive 3 picks? Surely if they finish bottom they get pick 1 and a free agent compensation for Frawley is pick 2, where does pick 3 come from?
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 6879331080

Middo
Club Player

Pick 3 may be a pick from AFL Priority Pick - Special assistance if needed ..FFS

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Saints94
SS Life Member

Middo wrote:Pick 3 may be a pick from AFL Priority Pick - Special assistance if needed ..FFS
So does this mean if they lose every game they will be granted an extra pick? I'm starting to think they will receive this on the basis that they are Melbourne :shock: :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
Middo wrote:Pick 3 may be a pick from AFL Priority Pick - Special assistance if needed ..FFS
So does this mean if they lose every game they will be granted an extra pick? I'm starting to think they will receive this on the basis that they are Melbourne :shock: :roll:
In the Age article it said this scenario was highly unlikely.

Stated that if they did get a priority pick and had pick one and two, the AFL would only grant a priority pick after the first round of the draft, and that is unlikely.

So for it to happen, Melbourne have to finish last AND have Frawley leave as a Restricted Free Agent, and have all the clubs to agree to Melbourne getting a priority pick (clubs vigorously complained about them getting one in the 2013 draft)AND the AFL then grant them the pick after their first two.

So dont worry too much. It is a long season and we could still fall in a hole and get No.1

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Having read the article, Mark Evans said it would almost definitely be a pick at the END of the first round. Still didn't stop the Feral Hun from the headline though. Melbourne is not getting the first three picks in the draft.

With Roos there, and the way Carlton is tracking, they may not even get the first pick if they can get some forwards on the paddock and start to play for the coach. !! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

We definitely should be barracking for Melbourne to win as many games as possible.

If you don't get a "special assistance" pick for losing every game then what do you get one for?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

How many picks can you get given to you before you are deemed as a write off as a club, this has been going for 5 years and they have only gone backwards.

Bring back the Lockett era
Saints94
SS Life Member

jonesy wrote:How many picks can you get given to you before you are deemed as a write off as a club, this has been going for 5 years and they have only gone backwards.
+1000, Players like Hogan won't be there for long because of there past development history IMO, lets get rid of all the experience we have left and throw our kids into the woods with no experience what so ever makes sense doesn't it... they should have kept James McDonald, Cameron Bruce, Brad Green etc

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
jonesy wrote:How many picks can you get given to you before you are deemed as a write off as a club, this has been going for 5 years and they have only gone backwards.
+1000, Players like Hogan won't be there for long because of there past development history IMO, lets get rid of all the experience we have left and throw our kids into the woods with no experience what so ever makes sense doesn't it... they should have kept James McDonald, Cameron Bruce, Brad Green etc
We are supposedly a basket case of a club with no idea,and after just one year finishing third bottom you can already see we are on the right track (a long way to go I know) with our rebuild. These muppets have not shown us they are able to draft or develop anything yet, absolutly nothing

Bring back the Lockett era
matrix
Saintsational Legend

wtf is going on down there??
theyve had ample picks, got some talent
but gee whiz they are a complete rabble

if roos cant do something this year and the next, then only god himself could prob get them to the finals

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:We definitely should be barracking for Melbourne to win as many games as possible.

If you don't get a "special assistance" pick for losing every game then what do you get one for?

Exactly. Put ourselves in the Demons position and we would say exactly what you said.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

They would give up their pick for a GWS reject anyway and they will still get the the number one. Imagine SOS would get Wright in there as well on his way to having a full 22 of elite key forwards.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Dees need a PP because Roos is used to lovechild status and doesn't have COLA.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:They would give up their pick for a GWS reject anyway and they will still get the the number one. Imagine SOS would get Wright in there as well on his way to having a full 22 of elite key forwards.

Reckon that GWS reject, which is completely untrue anyway, is going better than just about any other player on their list.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I hope Melbourne can someone win 3 or 4 games ( I know it will take a miracle)
If those pricks get picks 1-3 it will just be an injustice.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:They would give up their pick for a GWS reject anyway and they will still get the the number one. Imagine SOS would get Wright in there as well on his way to having a full 22 of elite key forwards.
Reckon that GWS reject, which is completely untrue anyway, is going better than just about any other player on their list.
If we had a 16 game player who was in the top ten in the AFL for disposals and averaging 29 a game I think we'd be pretty excited.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I'm only joking he's going to be a gun. Funny that they got better stats from Kelly in his first full game though. GWS have an enviable list and I'm going to try to laugh about them while I still can. In a few years they will be very hard to like.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
well...a couple of them anyway...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
Mythbusters -
JM, Bruce and Green are all old and would be well and truly washed up by now.

I agree that they threw their kids to their wolves (the captaincy decision was absolutely crazy - always should have been nate jones)
but one of Melbourne's major errors was losing the core guys who were still young and entering their peak.

They would have been much more competitive if they still had Moloney, Mclean, Rivers, Scott Thompson running around for them these last 5 years.

A lot of people forget/dismiss Rivers - but he is getting a game for Geelong - he can play.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Mythbusters -
JM, Bruce and Green are all old and would be well and truly washed up by now.

I agree that they threw their kids to their wolves (the captaincy decision was absolutely crazy - always should have been nate jones)
but one of Melbourne's major errors was losing the core guys who were still young and entering their peak.

They would have been much more competitive if they still had Moloney, Mclean, Rivers, Scott Thompson running around for them these last 5 years.

A lot of people forget/dismiss Rivers - but he is getting a game for Geelong - he can play.
+1 great point Con, you could probably throw Sylvia in the mix to, another wasted talent..

Saints94
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
If we had a 16 game player who was in the top ten in the AFL for disposals and averaging 29 a game I think we'd be pretty excited.
But we do his even younger & his name is Luke Dunstan :wink: :)