Does anyone know how Milney's going?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone know how Milney's going?

In the wake of the Mitchell Clarke episode, I was wondering if anyone knows how our very own Stephen Milne is travelling? If ever there was a guy who benefited from, and needed the atmosphere of the football club culture, it would have to be the tiprat. In view of the fact he is facing the most serious of charges in a trial later this year, combined with the fact he is also dealing with retirement, I feel it is a "perfect storm", for him unravelling physically and psychologically.

Does anyone know how he is travelling and what he's doing? In any event, I hope the club and the AFLPA are providing him with whatever level of support he needs.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Does anyone know how Milney's going?

White Winmar wrote:In the wake of the Mitchell Clarke episode, I was wondering if anyone knows how our very own Stephen Milne is travelling? If ever there was a guy who benefited from, and needed the atmosphere of the football club culture, it would have to be the tiprat. In view of the fact he is facing the most serious of charges in a trial later this year, combined with the fact he is also dealing with retirement, I feel it is a "perfect storm", for him unravelling physically and psychologically.

Does anyone know how he is travelling and what he's doing? In any event, I hope the club and the AFLPA are providing him with whatever level of support he needs.
i think rooy indicated that both kossi and milney weren't travelling too well.....the club as a result of their concern for kissi have him spending one day a week at the club in ...i think....a marketing role....could be wrong though...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I heard that too, Stinger. Kosi doing some work for the club, but what about Milney? A champion of the club who's facing some massive challenges. I just hope he's ok.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
derby Street
Club Player

stinger wrote:
White Winmar wrote:In the wake of the Mitchell Clarke episode, I was wondering if anyone knows how our very own Stephen Milne is travelling? If ever there was a guy who benefited from, and needed the atmosphere of the football club culture, it would have to be the tiprat. In view of the fact he is facing the most serious of charges in a trial later this year, combined with the fact he is also dealing with retirement, I feel it is a "perfect storm", for him unravelling physically and psychologically.

i think rooy indicated that both kossi and milney weren't travelling too well.....the club as a result of their concern for kissi have him spending one day a week at the club in ...i think....a marketing role....could be wrong though...
Oh dear Stinger it seems you and I can't agree on much today. I was told by a club "source" last year that Kosi would be doing some part time marketing work for the club this year. Kosi doing this has nothing to do with him not travelling well.
One would hope that besides that they all recently retired or delisted Saints players get the appropriate care and attention. Something that was sadly lacking in the past - and an area we needed major improvement.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I heard that too, Stinger. Kosi doing some work for the club, but what about Milney? A champion of the club who's facing some massive challenges. I just hope he's ok.

i haven't heard....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:
stinger wrote:

Oh dear Stinger it seems you and I can't agree on much today. I was told by a club "source" last year that Kosi would be doing some part time marketing work for the club this year. Kosi doing this has nothing to do with him not travelling well.
One would hope that besides that they all recently retired or delisted Saints players get the appropriate care and attention. Something that was sadly lacking in the past - and an area we needed major improvement.

i did say that i could be wrong....more than glad if i am..... :D :D :D :D

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Derby street you are correct ... i think it was mentioned last year that Kosi was wanting a job within the club in a marketing type role to keep somewhat involved with footy ...

as for milney isnt he now playing footy in Stevie Bakers footy club ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kosi is going great and Milney loves playing footy with one of his best mates in bakes. Both are good.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

That's good to hear, Plugger!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

miss Milney - there were three saints that I lumped together as a little bit extra special - milney, baker, and max. Had bad vibes in 2009 when i realised max wouldn't be playing. Felt like fate had been been denied a romance.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Wouldn't have thought the tiprat is all that good to be honest..

oh when the
Club Player

He is playing local footy - can't remember which club

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Kosi is going great and Milney loves playing footy with one of his best mates in bakes. Both are good.
Doesn't Kosi have two little kids?

That'd keep him busy. Reckon he'd be a very hands on Dad amd love the time he had with them

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sat close to Kosi at the Melbourne game.

He looked pretty happy and was sitting next to a nice looking lass.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I think he's playing for Strathdale up in Bendigo isn't he?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I think he's playing for Strathdale up in Bendigo isn't he?
Strathfieldsaye, my nephew tells me. He kicked 5 last week, Bakes was good too, they won by 33 points.

luc1966
Club Player

Yep strathfieldsaye both played well last week

Gurgman
Club Player

I was told by a mate that Milney was at training with the Bombers during the week

And i thought this was a forum
beartalbot
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
dragit wrote:I think he's playing for Strathdale up in Bendigo isn't he?
Strathfieldsaye, my nephew tells me. He kicked 5 last week, Bakes was good too, they won by 33 points.

My two sons went and watched the game last week, they beat reigning premiers Golden Square. Said Milney hadn't lost it around goals, whilst Bakes copped some pretty nasty flack over the fence from Golden Square supporters.

BEAR
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Bakes is a million dollars. Has a company called J-Fire. Doing well. Fittest he's ever looked. Kos is just happy to be with the wife and kids and Milney is coping fine. Mind you until the case is over it's always going to play on his mind. He's got a lot of good friends Yapper. They look after him.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Bakes is a million dollars. Has a company called J-Fire. Doing well. Fittest he's ever looked. Kos is just happy to be with the wife and kids and Milney is coping fine. Mind you until the case is over it's always going to play on his mind. He's got a lot of good friends Yapper. They look after him.
i'm really pleased to hear that tony...really pleased...as would everybody....