A bit of Love during a hard period

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

A bit of Love during a hard period

We can all admit that even if we win next week and go 4-2 we are going to have some tough periods in the next 18 months. But it's great to see some real love and commitment coming from the whole Saints community. This is the time to jump on board. Watch these boys grow into a team that people will fear again. Love the passion the senior players are showing, love the run and attack on man and ball from the youngsters. Footy is fun again, has not been that for 10 years IMO.

Stop the fights, stop the pettiness. Get your memberships, go to games and be loud and proud!! I LOVE THE SAINTS!!!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: A bit of Love during a hard period

Solar wrote:We can all admit that even if we win next week and go 4-2 we are going to have some tough periods in the next 18 months. But it's great to see some real love and commitment coming from the whole Saints community. This is the time to jump on board. Watch these boys grow into a team that people will fear again. Love the passion the senior players are showing, love the run and attack on man and ball from the youngsters. Footy is fun again, has not been that for 10 years IMO.

Stop the fights, stop the pettiness. Get your memberships, go to games and be loud and proud!! I LOVE THE SAINTS!!!
We got rid of Westaway and Netters and Twatters, which is huge.

Richo is another Clarkson IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Solar wrote:We can all admit that even if we win next week and go 4-2 we are going to have some tough periods in the next 18 months. But it's great to see some real love and commitment coming from the whole Saints community. This is the time to jump on board. Watch these boys grow into a team that people will fear again. Love the passion the senior players are showing, love the run and attack on man and ball from the youngsters. Footy is fun again, has not been that for 10 years IMO.

We got rid of Westaway and Netters and Twatters, which is huge.

Richo is another Clarkson IMO.
Without the wall punching

Milne
Club Player

I agree.

This year is different for me. I haven't been this excited about footy since 2010.

I haven't posted very often on here in years, but now I can't get enough of the mighty sainters at the moment!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I watched Jack being interviewed on the Sunday footy show and he was asked what the difference was with Richardson and he said something like he just keeps it all pretty simple.

Wasn't their noise that Watters' game plan confused players? Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I watched Jack being interviewed on the Sunday footy show and he was asked what the difference was with Richardson and he said something like he just keeps it all pretty simple.

Wasn't their noise that Watters' game plan confused players? Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

There was huge noise that he would have the more experienced guys in meetings and ask for opinions and how they should play against certain sides and even if they all agreed it was his way or the highway.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:I watched Jack being interviewed on the Sunday footy show and he was asked what the difference was with Richardson and he said something like he just keeps it all pretty simple.

There was huge noise that he would have the more experienced guys in meetings and ask for opinions and how they should play against certain sides and even if they all agreed it was his way or the highway.

Why ask then?

Oh, someone on here would say that he was empowering the group.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why ask then?

Oh, someone on here would say that he was empowering the group.

Who knows. Out of politeness for the leadership group. I think there were many issues inside the club last year. And the start this year sort of reinforces that.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I'm really excited about this year!

You say there'll be pain but who knows what this group can achieve? It's not impossible that we could make the 8!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Anything's possible but highly unlikely.

It's going to be virtually impossible to replace Roo.

noob
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Anything's possible but highly unlikely.

It's going to be virtually impossible to replace Roo.
That's the one. We could end up like the Bulldogs have decent kids coming through but not that tall gun forward who could be a x factor like Riewoldt. That's my worry.