Please move Essendope thread back here!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Please move Essendope thread back here!

What on earth is going on with this forum at the moment?

The biggest thread on this site that's been going for over a year is moved with no explanation whatsoever.

What's the problem keeping it on here? The forum lacks activity and until new posters can sign up it will continue to flounder and go nowhere.

Plugger has been banned for a month, so there goes 25% or more of activity, and now this.

If you want Essendope moved back to the main forum, please reply to this thread and hopefully if there is enough support it can be moved back.

Thanks.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: Please move Essendope thread back here!

This forum is struggling ATM. A bit like the StK footy club last night. Poor decisions and lack of composure.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

It will be moved back here when there is significant news that impacts on the AFL competition and therefore St Kilda. Until then a shadow sits on this forum and the thread is on the Opposition Forum.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Leave it where it is, it's not Saints related, this is the Saints forum, it doesn't belong here, it had the best run of any non Saints related topic. Rapt to see it in the opposition forum.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

BackFromUSA wrote:It will be moved back here when there is significant news that impacts on the AFL competition and therefore St Kilda. Until then a shadow sits on this forum and the thread is on the Opposition Forum.
Hi Simon, the far darker shadow however, is that this forum has been closed to new members, and hence is dying a slow death.

Any luck re the site 'owners' and getting this placed open for business again?

(I'm keen to join-up as Plugger666 or Pluggger66 or something like that, and then stalk the 'original's' postings by agreeing with whatever is the theme of the thread in question. :lol: )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Was a bit of a joke that the largest ever thread on our forum is about Essendon. Glad it's gone where it belongs.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

It's got nothing to do with the Saints. It shouldn't be on this forum.

It's not so hard to find if people want to keep discussing it.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Move along. Nothing to see here.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Amazing, it should never come back here then as it doesn't effect St Kilda.
While you are at it move every other non st kilda thread on here

happy feet
Club Player

I agree with the OP. Biggest scandal in the game and yes it affects the Saints in how it contrasts with the Saad matter. Please move it back. A bit rude to move it with no consultation.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I vote to bring it back.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
mullet
Saintsational Legend

what an insult to tot who has done a hell of a lot of research on the matter.

Bring it back here, I never go on the general forum

pngsaint
Club Player

WTF? bring it back, and bring back plugger66, who the hell goes to the general forum?

saint-stu
Club Player

I assume I'm not the only nuetral on this topic. Couldn't care less about Essendon but the thread being there didnt bother me. I just ignore it.

1ac46a38
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

"Essendope" is the most interesting -- and popular -- thread that's ever been on this forum. Bit of over-policing going on, IMHO.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Glad to see it where it belongs - on the forum that is dedicated to discussing other teams.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

So if I, as a resident of Perth, ask which pub the Perth saints are watching the game,
that's not strictly speaking, relevant to the club at all, so it belongs in the "general forum"?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

I believe it should be brought back!

PADDLEPOP1000
St.Roly
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:It will be moved back here when there is significant news that impacts on the AFL competition and therefore St Kilda. Until then a shadow sits on this forum and the thread is on the Opposition Forum.
I support this.

Recent posts on the thread had close to nothing at all to do with footy, let alone the Saints.

Indeed given its recent tenor, the moving of the thread will be cited as evidence of an elaborate CIA plot...

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:So if I, as a resident of Perth, ask which pub the Perth saints are watching the game,
that's not strictly speaking, relevant to the club at all, so it belongs in the "general forum"?
All crap should be on the opposition forum

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:So if I, as a resident of Perth, ask which pub the Perth saints are watching the game,
If you're talking about Saints fans meeting up for Saints games do you think it should be on the opposition forum?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
miskycat
Club Player

What's going on? Bring Essendope back at once.
It was a great read and absolutely relevant to the game (and therefore the Saints.) I'm not a big poster, but I always enjoyed logging on and reading this thread.
It allowed for a range of views on one of the biggest issues in the recent history of the AFL - from St Kilda supporters' point of view.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Please bring back the Essendope thread.

When I log onto Saintsational, it's the first thread I read for updates.

And may I say, between the thoughts and specific knowledge of scribes like a ToT and Eastern, it's provided me with an education which has held me in good stead with the Essendope supporters.

Vote 1 the return of Essendope the thread not the club.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:what an insult to tot who has done a hell of a lot of research on the matter.

Not feeling insulted, Mullet. Just think it's a bit unfortunate for those who just decide to have a gander, or offer a bit of news or opinion, when they see it visiting the forum with the most traffic. Plus, I struggle a bit with why some seem passionate about it not being in the main forum - people are not taken there automatically or forced to read it, they choose to go there from 1 title in an index. Seems a pretty minor inconvenience to me.

I can understand why some people are frustrated with how long it is taking and may, therefore, not want to be bothered by it until something substantial happens. But, there is that part of me that knows how institutions, like the AFL and E'dope, work their asses off to protect the status quo by all manner of tactics designed to disengage as many people as possible in their "realm", including boring them shirtless and blowing as much smoke as they can. One only needs to consider the number of people employed by the AFL and E'dope in the media and communications field (i.e. PR or Propaganda Reichstag), plus the legalistic practitioners, to make the connection. And, the best way to avoid those tactics being successful is for people to remain engaged through sharing information and opinions.

What's a "shadow", anyway? (Apart from one of Carl's nicknames).

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
mullet wrote:what an insult to tot who has done a hell of a lot of research on the matter.

Not feeling insulted, Mullet. Just think it's a bit unfortunate for those who just decide to have a gander, or offer a bit of news or opinion, when they see it visiting the forum with the most traffic. Plus, I struggle a bit with why some seem passionate about it not being in the main forum - people are not taken there automatically or forced to read it, they choose to go there from 1 title in an index. Seems a pretty minor inconvenience to me.

I can understand why some people are frustrated with how long it is taking and may, therefore, not want to be bothered by it until something substantial happens. But, there is that part of me that knows how institutions, like the AFL and E'dope, work their asses off to protect the status quo by all manner of tactics designed to disengage as many people as possible in their "realm", including boring them shirtless and blowing as much smoke as they can. One only needs to consider the number of people employed by the AFL and E'dope in the media and communications field (i.e. PR or Propaganda Reichstag), plus the legalistic practitioners, to make the connection. And, the best way to avoid those tactics being successful is for people to remain engaged through sharing information and opinions.

What's a "shadow", anyway? (Apart from one of Carl's nicknames).
You raise an interesting point ToT.

For no other reason than keeping the "Doing the right thing" propaganda machine going - ie. keeping the media honest, the thread should be moved to main forum where media types will come to check on all things St.Kilda.

I doubt mainstream media journos ever bother to go the other forums.

Just 2 days ago Little reported in an article on afl.com.au they shouldn't have self reported. That's recent news and new development. Every week a story or two trickles out.

In times of war, people are killed because the righteous ones don't speak up or don't have a voice. Whilst no lives have been lost (yet) to this scandal, the analogy holds true.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.