AFL to do brain tests for retired players

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

seano1
Club Player

AFL to do brain tests for retired players

Can we get some of our current players in on this.....maybe find the reason behind we cant hit targets by hand or foot......why we only kick to players who have 2 guys on them

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL to do brain tests for retired players

seano1 wrote:Can we get some of our current players in on this.....maybe find the reason behind we cant hit targets by hand or foot......why we only kick to players who have 2 guys on them
Maybe start with the bloke that calls for it when he's got 3 on him!

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Warrick Capper & Brendan Fevola will struggle

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Toy Saint wrote:Warrick Capper & Brendan Fevola will struggle
Clinton Jones...wins

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

This is all a good thing, they should do it with all retired players to see if they HAVE dementia, including any damage its done to Kosi.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
seano1 wrote:Can we get some of our current players in on this.....maybe find the reason behind we cant hit targets by hand or foot......why we only kick to players who have 2 guys on them
Maybe start with the bloke that calls for it when he's got 3 on him!
These days he needs to be a smart forward and not just a super fit forward.

It used to be that he'd burn them all off with his running and his leap but he turns 32 this year. Like Dirty Harry once said; "Man's gotta know his limitations"

Anyone notice the number of incidents of bumps to to the head has increased lately??

I find it strange that they brought out new rules and highlighted the dangers of head high hits and bumps to the head and now they've backtracked.

What seemed to be very harsh penalties in the last few years is now all of a sudden debatable as to whether you get suspended and the penalties are more lenient.

I think we are seeing the bump and a few head high forearm hits to the head come back into vogue. Everyone knows you do what it takes to get the win and if it takes a 1 to 2 week suspension for a head high hit then so be it. I have a theory...It's the dirty rotten money hungry AFL at it again...

I think the punters are voting with their wallets and the AFL knows that crowd numbers are down and they are desperate to try and win back the traditional fans. The media and the journos are driving this along with the AFL and I reckon some coaches are taking advantage of the softening of the penalties.