Josh Bootsma sacked

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Josh Bootsma sacked

Just heard that Josh Bootsma sacked by Carlscum for a series of disciplinary breaches. Must be that great Carlscum culture at work. Anyone else heard anything? Would we be interested?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Josh Bootsma sacked

Is he from WA? Its got "Ross Lyon project" written all over it.

FQF
SS Life Member

Apparently sending nude picture of himself?

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Just thought I'd point out we have Longer, Ross, Newness, Webster and Markworth from the same draft as Bootsma. Patience, my sainter friends, we are on the right track.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Just thought I'd point out we have Longer, Ross, Newness, Webster and Markworth from the same draft as Bootsma. Patience, my sainter friends, we are on the right track.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Honestly whats wrong with sending nude pictures of yourself?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Honestly whats wrong with sending nude pictures of yourself?

A lot if others get hold of it.

FQF
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Honestly whats wrong with sending nude pictures of yourself?
Same thing that's wrong with walking down the street naked.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
Same thing that's wrong with walking down the street naked.
It's only illegal if you get caught, I actually enjoy a good nude walk, but seriously if he is a good player and that was his only crime we should recruit him straight away, this world (and football comp) is being ruined by happy clapping do-gooders.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Well the answer to that is surely 100% dependant upon who you send them to :idea:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

He supposedly sent the pics via snap chat. Anyone used it?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
FQF
SS Life Member

No idea if he's any good, but you'd hazard a guess and think that Carlton pounced on an opportunity to get rid of a list clogger.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:No idea if he's any good, but you'd hazard a guess and think that Carlton pounced on an opportunity to get rid of a list clogger.
yep that would be my guess also, if he was a required player he'd still have a job and the punters would be fed the classic "regretful naughty boy" presser, you know the type..."I am truly sorry for my actions blah blah blah"...actually my favorite type of presser.

Just proves that double standards are still alive and well and the whole "cultcha" bulls*** is just a facade in many cases.

FQF
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:
FQF wrote:No idea if he's any good, but you'd hazard a guess and think that Carlton pounced on an opportunity to get rid of a list clogger.
yep that would be my guess also, if he was a required player he'd still have a job and the punters would be fed the classic "regretful naughty boy" presser, you know the type..."I am truly sorry for my actions blah blah blah"...actually my favorite type of presser.

Just proves that double standards are still alive and well and the whole "cultcha" bulls*** is just a facade in many cases.
The question I had was whether this was what happened in the case of Gram. Because, in my opinion, we lost a good player who we could easily have kept.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

The question I had was whether this was what happened in the case of Gram. Because, in my opinion, we lost a good player who we could easily have kept.

I would be pretty sure its exactly the same as this case. Obviously Gram was 10 times the player of this guy but i think the saints saw the perfect opportunity to get rid of Gram and that isnt having a go at the club. Gram just stuffed up. He would have neeb kept if he was Lenny but then again Lenny wouldnt be so stupid.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

What's the bet the blues upgrade a rookie in the coming days...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:What's the bet the blues upgrade a rookie in the coming days...

I doubt they would allowed. it isnt a LTI.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

I would be pretty sure its exactly the same as this case. Obviously Gram was 10 times the player of this guy but i think the saints saw the perfect opportunity to get rid of Gram and that isnt having a go at the club. Gram just stuffed up. He would have neeb kept if he was Lenny but then again Lenny wouldnt be so stupid.
This is true .... to a point.

I think the better players just get more chances.

Had Gram been a genuine spud, his first indescretion would have seen the end of him. If he was a once-in-a-generation type, he would have remained at the club until he stuffed up a few more times.

Fevola and Akermanis are good examples. Their Coleman and Brownlow medals weren't even enough to save them in the end.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

This is true .... to a point.

I think the better players just get more chances.

Had Gram been a genuine spud, his first indescretion would have seen the end of him. If he was a once-in-a-generation type, he would have remained at the club until he stuffed up a few more times.

Fevola and Akermanis are good examples. Their Coleman and Brownlow medals weren't even enough to save them in the end.

Only because they were finished at the end.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:He supposedly sent the pics via snap chat. Anyone used it?
Isnt it the one where the photos are auto-deleted after 8 seconds or something?

Nah never used it.

But as posters are suggesting - you would think this might have been the end of a string of incidents and warnings etc - probably not a one off isolated incident.

I doubt a one-off would be sackable.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Wait, he's becoming a first time father this week?

Not the best timing to stuff up and lose your income source...

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Hang up your boots, Bootsma!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Just heard that Josh Bootsma sacked by Carlscum for a series of disciplinary breaches. Must be that great Carlscum culture at work. Anyone else heard anything? Would we be interested?
Following in the footsteps of Laurence Angwin and Brendan Fevola, I guess!

Viking3
Club Player

A shame.
The only Carlton player to show some balls this year!!
:D

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

A Bootsma up the arsma