Schneider out for 4. Armo, Fisher back?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FQF
SS Life Member

Schneider out for 4. Armo, Fisher back?

Schneider is suffering from a "baffling" foot infection that will take 4 weeks.

Strangely, the Triple M say that Fisher will be back this week, as will Armo.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/spo ... infection/

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Schneider out for 4. Armo, Fisher back?

Richo said in his press conference today that Fisher will do match simulation this week and probably play VFL next week.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:Richo said in his press conference today that Fisher will do match simulation this week and probably play VFL next week.
And then get re injured!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
GRAMophone
Club Player

Also Webster available for consideration this week

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Is it the end for Schneiderman? Discuss.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

GRAMophone wrote:Also Webster available for consideration this week
I'm guessing its too early for pie jokes?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Is it the end for Schneiderman? Discuss.
Not the end of the end - but maybe the beginning of the end.

You would think him and the club would start having a chat about whether he wants to push on with another pre-season and another full season next year - or have a farewell match and then go and play some country footy with his mates next year and have a few cans and not have to go to boring team meetings etc...

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

So schneiders out because of his forearm and fisher has done his back? We can't take a trick!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Not the end of the end - but maybe the beginning of the end.

You would think him and the club would start having a chat about whether he wants to push on with another pre-season and another full season next year - or have a farewell match and then go and play some country footy with his mates next year and have a few cans and not have to go to boring team meetings etc...

I have heard he has the best brain at the club for footy type things. Just because he looks like he carrys a bit of puppy fat you shouldnt assume that he even wants to do that. He may want to coach in the AFL like Stewart Dew.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

It has been painful to watch Schneider in last few weeks. Probably best he gets some respite and hopefully can get his match fitness back so he can end his career on a relatively good note.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I have heard he has the best brain at the club for footy type things. Just because he looks like he carrys a bit of puppy fat you shouldnt assume that he even wants to do that. He may want to coach in the AFL like Stewart Dew.
yes plugger - you know the players the best. You are insider and connected to the club. You tell us every 5 minutes. So whatever makes you feel good.

Its really a peripheral issue - im pretty sure the discussion was about whether he will play or not next year - not what he will do if he doesnt. stay on topic please. if u want to talk about his future coaching career start a separate thread on it.

I was making the point that playing on with a half-baked mind or body may not be best for both parties.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

yep...stick a fork in him ...he's cooked.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

yes plugger - you know the players the best. You are insider and connected to the club. You tell us every 5 minutes. So whatever makes you feel good.

Its really a peripheral issue - im pretty sure the discussion was about whether he will play or not next year - not what he will do if he doesnt. stay on topic please. if u want to talk about his future coaching career start a separate thread on it.

I was making the point that playing on with a half-baked mind or body may not be best for both parties.

Con show me one post where i have said that. i heard that on the radio from a Saints player I just cant remember who. I suggest you stop saying I am an insider or i may have to take some action against you for baiting. I have no repeat no inside knowledge and never had. Now please have a sensible conversation about these issues. And i said what i said about Schneider because the way I read your post you were having a go at him. I would suggest he is struggling through injury and not because he may be better suited having a beer with mates after footy. By the way the topic is about Schneider being out for 4 weeks not his retirement so please dont tell me to stick on topic when you didnt either.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Could this mysterious foot infection be the reason for general poor kicking with others in the team? :D

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Another foot injury. We desperately need a podiatrist. A really good one.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Another foot injury. We desperately need a podiatrist. A really good one.
According to Wikia an "An Acre is equivalent to 43,560 square feet" so I'm blaming Blake for squaring everyone's feet. He needs to convert to metric immediately :x

loris
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Another foot injury. We desperately need a podiatrist. A really good one.
According to Wikia an "An Acre is equivalent to 43,560 square feet" so I'm blaming Blake for squaring everyone's feet. He needs to convert to metric immediately :x
Aaaaahhhh Bluthy youse is at it again............. good one :wink:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Fisher will return via the VFL surely?!

Armo and Jimmy are required.... Jimmy might be considered .... Instead of Simpkin

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
This isn't funny Loris. It would be easy to assume I've gone a little mad in despair of where our club is at (and yes in protest I have gone off my meds until we win another game) but look at the facts:

-- We bring in a guy called Billings and suddenly the club is $10 million in debt
-- We bring in a guy called Hickey and the club has an outbreak of skin infections (and we have been told the group has bonded very closely)
-- We bring in a guy called Maverick and after flying high early we've plummeted to earth like an over cocky fighter pilot haunted by the sullied legacy of his dead father
-- We bring in a guy called Savage and our players this year have attacked the ball....er...forget that one...
-- Armo is in the leadership group and Eli goes down yelling "My ARM---OOOOOOHHHHHHHH"
-- Not to mention our untried greek rookie Dimitri Dunnahammy

There is young kid we really need to keep an eye on for next years draft. He doesn't have any stand out skills but I have this weird feeling he is so important for the future of our club. His name is: Peter Foroncetheballwillbounceourf*&kingwayinacriticalmomentofthegrandfinalandwewillfinallywinthatsecondf*&kingpremiership.

It's a funny name I know - I think its Czechoslovakian. :?

FQF
SS Life Member

Bluthy wrote:
loris wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
This isn't funny Loris. It would be easy to assume I've gone a little mad in despair of where our club is at (and yes in protest I have gone off my meds until we win another game) but look at the facts:

-- We bring in a guy called Billings and suddenly the club is $10 million in debt
-- We bring in a guy called Hickey and the club has an outbreak of skin infections (and we have been told the group has bonded very closely)
-- We bring in a guy called Maverick and after flying high early we've plummeted to earth like an over cocky fighter pilot haunted by the sullied legacy of his dead father
-- We bring in a guy called Savage and our players this year have attacked the ball....er...forget that one...
-- Armo is in the leadership group and Eli goes down yelling "My ARM---OOOOOOHHHHHHHH"
-- Not to mention our untried greek rookie Dimitri Dunnahammy

There is young kid we really need to keep an eye on for next years draft. He doesn't have any stand out skills but I have this weird feeling he is so important for the future of our club. His name is: Peter Foroncetheballwillbounceourf*&kingwayinacriticalmomentofthegrandfinalandwewillfinallywinthatsecondf*&kingpremiership.

It's a funny name I know - I think its Czechoslovakian. :?
Pretty sure it's spelled Peta

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:
I have heard he has the best brain at the club for footy type things...
Well, there's our problem right there..., seems he should be coaching us, not playing! :idea:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I think he should be our 'Gia'

His footy brain is evident when he plays, he get in front of the footy and is able to read it coming fwd ... Much harder than reading from defence.

His creativity has always been evident, he rarely wastes a touch.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Dont need a doctor to tell you you've got gout. Give him some indicid and he'll play next week.

What is it with our club and infections? Do we need a new doc? Maybe Doc Reid will be available soon.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think old Dick Wicks still has his copper magnet snake oil shoes. We could get some of our boys down to training in those grey velcro grandpa shoes otherwise.

On the radio someone blamed the seaford surface for the raft of foot injuries- as if we needed more reasons to hate it. Imagine how hard it is hobbling 13 km to get coffee.