The Saints Melbourne Cup Horse

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

linz
Club Player

The Saints Melbourne Cup Horse

For me it's Red Cadeaux. 2nd 2-times and very unlucky. Evidently lost by a pixel.
Having one more shot for glory. Proven 3200m horse.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Saints Melbourne Cup Horse

which ones does Simon O'Donell have? as an ex saint

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

No.13 Willing Foe is a good chance to place. McDonald is a very good jockey and I think will come flying down the straight with 200 to go. It's hard to go past Admire Rakti though, too much class. I reckon 1,5,13 boxed would be good value.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Saints horse - Au Revoir

Hird's horse - Sign Off

Little's horse - Brambles

Robbo's horse - Protectionist

WADA's horse - Cavalryman

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

As Parko wrote on Facebook there are only 23 horses running now with another one possibly going to pull out.

The idiots that write the rules don't allow emergencies to fill the field back up to 24 horses.

Talk about a joke industry for the nation's biggest horse race

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:As Parko wrote on Facebook there are only 23 horses running now with another one possibly going to pull out.

The idiots that write the rules don't allow emergencies to fill the field back up to 24 horses.

So you are a full time complainer. It isn't just the AFL. Anyway but on topic. The 3 to beat IMO are the toppy with Faulkner and sign off dangers but it is such an open race so for the trifecta chuck in Mutual Regard, Gatewood at great odds, Protectionist, Aldardo and Lucia Valentina. Have $200 on it and get 60%. Remember the more you bet the more you win. And bet irresponsibly. Never hurts one day a year.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:As Parko wrote on Facebook there are only 23 horses running now with another one possibly going to pull out.

So you are a full time complainer. It isn't just the AFL. Anyway but on topic. The 3 to beat IMO are the toppy with Faulkner and sign off dangers but it is such an open race so for the trifecta chuck in Mutual Regard, Gatewood at great odds, Protectionist, Aldardo and Lucia Valentina. Have $200 on it and get 60%. Remember the more you bet the more you win. And bet irresponsibly. Never hurts one day a year.
You can't help yourself plugs, even when something is obviously wrong :lol:

As for betting, I've got $41.30 left in my betfair account last used about a year ago. Let's hope there is enough left for a dim sim tonight.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You can't help yourself plugs, even when something is obviously wrong :lol:

As for betting, I've got $41.30 left in my betfair account last used about a year ago. Let's hope there is enough left for a dim sim tonight.

I would suggest you just like to whinge, well its obvious. Good luck today. One or two winners on a day like today should put you in front. remember to bet in excess. None of this PC stuff today.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

No prizes for guessing why I picked the winner (I wouldn't know a horse from a dog), although my father used to say to back number 5 in a handicap as it had a show and would return a decent dividend. Mind you, he lost a lot more than he won.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:For me it's Red Cadeaux. 2nd 2-times and very unlucky. Evidently lost by a pixel.
oh well....maybe next year mate

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Good name for Ross Lyon...... Red Cadeaux

or will he be Shadow King,,,, six starts in the cup for 2 seconds 2 thirds a fourth and a sixth!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:No prizes for guessing why I picked the winner (I wouldn't know a horse from a dog), although my father used to say to back number 5 in a handicap as it had a show and would return a decent dividend. Mind you, he lost a lot more than he won.
Well done! Reminds me of the day my dad came back from the races (off course bookie in alice) the year Black Knight won. not happy - every second punter had backed it.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
linz
Club Player

stinger wrote:
linz wrote:For me it's Red Cadeaux. 2nd 2-times and very unlucky. Evidently lost by a pixel.
oh well....maybe next year mate
Still pretty happy as I had $50 Each Way. Could have been a lot happier though. :)

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.