Eff me, Kardinia Park to get 70 million upgrade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eff me, Kardinia Park to get 70 million upgrade

Clown Andrews and the new Labor Loonies want to keep pumping money into this stadium.

What a friggin joke.

Do they have any brains?

What about the Junction and other projects??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Eff me, Kardinia Park to get 70 million upgrade

Well put it into perspective, add some money to a town that has lost a part of it's identity (ford) and a lot of jobs as well vs a romantic view of returning a footy club to it's home 60 years ago.

Don't get me wrong I want a good deal for the saints at JO but not upset with Geelong getting a bit of boost is a higher priority.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Not upset with with Geelong getting $70 million either, for the reasons expressed above.

But as someone living down here I'm not sure it's the best use of the funds.

But then again. I'm not a Cats supporter.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

but how is building a stadium creating on going employment?
once it's done they will have a big stadium that no one may be able to afford to attend

and Cats made a loss this year- despite having Friday Night games in their whoopy do half finished stadium.. and blamed the stadium deal

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

query- where is the 70 mill coming from? who is funding it...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

and who says labour wont support the saints at JO? Upset there is no announcement on the day a new government is sworn in/ FFS they have higher priority than the saints

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

To be fair, that 70 million will increase the capacity by about 500. So it's win/win.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Geelong lost Alcoa as well.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Every time they build at Kardinia Park it's a new design, the place looks terrible, absolutely no continuity.

All the money they've spent there and they still can't get to 40,000 capacity. :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:Every time they build at Kardinia Park it's a new design, the place looks terrible, absolutely no continuity.

All the money they've spent there and they still can't get to 40,000 capacity. :roll:
Exactly.

It's terribly underused also.

I guess they're not interested in utilization otherwise EW link would be built

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:query- where is the 70 mill coming from? who is funding it...
Gee I hope its not us poor taxpayers. Or will it be more borrowed money? More wise investments to come? I can't believe this stuff sometimes. Surely a hospital must need that sort of moolah?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:query- where is the 70 mill coming from? who is funding it...

Everyone is just like Seaford, the G, Adelaide Oval. Who cares anyway. Geelong as a town as had a few setbacks. It doesn't effect us so I don't have a problem at all.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Just gotta throw money at the Geelong region, and in the case of the stadium, it's probably a bigger picture plan to get more sport and other events into the town to generate more jobs and income, and was something the Libs were planning anyway..I suspect part of the funding will be from Abbott and co in Canberra.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Just gotta throw money at the Geelong region, and in the case of the stadium, it's probably a bigger picture plan to get more sport and other events into the town to generate more jobs and income, and was something the Libs were planning anyway..I suspect part of the funding will be from Abbott and co in Canberra.
Most big projects are cofunded.

Hockey said yesterday if EW Link is ditched the feds will cough up 3 billion for another shovel-ready project that Labor can instantly organise.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote: I guess they're not interested in utilization otherwise EW link would be built
Not interested in spending 18 billion for a hole in the ground you mean.

Geelong has been terribly hit by the loss of Ford and Alcoa, but you want the No.1 priority to be the friggen JO.

What an absolute joke of priorities.

Thank god we got rid of the corrupt Liberal idiots and their uncosted, no Business Case hole in the gorund, dumb stupid E-W link rubbish.

No some real infrastructure can be built in the regions like Geelong and Ballarat.

Oh but that's right only Melbourne exists in some peoples eyes, mainly Liberals, who do care an iota how the regions are going.

Maybe that's why they were wiped out in Geelong and regions.
Last edited by Bunk_Moreland on Fri 05 Dec 2014 10:14am, edited 1 time in total.

You are garbage - Enough said
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I would rather the government funds these projects than go in with private money. The problems with Etihad and Adelaide oval is that the private investors need to have constantly increasing profits to pay their share holders. We are being bled dry while Collingwood can earn more in a game than we do in a season because the MCG doesn't need to tap a vein of the clubs that tenant it.

Rather than being jealous we should be demanding the same kind of arrangement for Melbourne based clubs. We should look at playing games at Princess Park or somewhere that you can have 10 000 to a match against an interstate club and still at least break even. Geelong's identity is closely linked with sport and we need to encourage growth in the regional cities.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Clown Andrews and the new Labor Loonies want to keep pumping money into this stadium.

What a friggin joke.

Do they have any brains?

What about the Junction and other projects??
the fact that they lack brains is a no brainer...for me at least.....don't blame me though....i don't vote for them.... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

The losers who run our club stood beside the losers who were tossed out a few days later. Talk about pathetic decision making. If they couldn't see that Labor was going to win the election (bookies had them at $1.10) then they are so stupid as to defy words. It appears that their political connections outweighed their intellect (not hard) and, more importantly, what is in the interests of the club (keeping sweet with the mob who are going to be running the place for the next four years). Then again, that's the whole problem with business in Australia. I also note that Liberal Party supporters automatically think parties should immediately break election promises à la Phony. That's worked well.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:The losers who run our club stood beside the losers who were tossed out a few days later. Talk about pathetic decision making. If they couldn't see that Labor was going to win the election (bookies had them at $1.10) then they are so stupid as to defy words. It appears that their political connections outweighed their intellect (not hard) and, more importantly, what is in the interests of the club (keeping sweet with the mob who are going to be running the place for the next four years). Then again, that's the whole problem with business in Australia. I also note that Liberal Party supporters automatically think parties should immediately break election promises à la Phony. That's worked well.
Forget for just one minute (if indeed you can) which party won and which party lost.

Forget for just one minute (if indeed you can) whether or not the Liberal policy would've come to fruition if they had've been re-elected.

I doubt most supporters see an issue with the club supporting the announcement. And I'm sure that the people who run our club, who you are quite happy to label as losers, would have gladly stood beside the other party had the other party actually had a policy that specifically related to the Saints returning to the Junction Oval.

I'm just glad you aren't running our club :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
perfectionist wrote:The losers who run our club stood beside the losers who were tossed out a few days later. Talk about pathetic decision making. If they couldn't see that Labor was going to win the election (bookies had them at $1.10) then they are so stupid as to defy words. It appears that their political connections outweighed their intellect (not hard) and, more importantly, what is in the interests of the club (keeping sweet with the mob who are going to be running the place for the next four years). Then again, that's the whole problem with business in Australia. I also note that Liberal Party supporters automatically think parties should immediately break election promises à la Phony. That's worked well.
Forget for just one minute (if indeed you can) which party won and which party lost.

Forget for just one minute (if indeed you can) whether or not the Liberal policy would've come to fruition if they had've been re-elected.

I doubt most supporters see an issue with the club supporting the announcement. And I'm sure that the people who run our club, who you are quite happy to label as losers, would have gladly stood beside the other party had the other party actually had a policy that specifically related to the Saints returning to the Junction Oval.

I'm just glad you aren't running our club :roll:

+ more than i can count.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

spert
Saintsational Legend

Anyway, it's good that Napthine and his bunch of losers are gone- Victoria was grinding to a halt and Geelong and regional Vic hurting. All will be well in Victoria when The Saints have a miraculous year in 2015, defy the odds, and win the flag with a young and inexperienced team.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I can live with the upgrades to Kardinia Park.

It's actually important that Melbourne has a fully-functioning junior city that can take the "overflow" - and Geelong needs to be set up for this purpose.

Melbourne is well on its way to becoming too large for its own good. We want first-world lifestyles, and that means urban sprawl. First-world urban sprawl means never-ending suburbs - which need endless serving.

A far better way is to ramp up the infrastructure of regional towns and cities. Ideally, Geelong should be pushing to become a 500,000-strong city within 20 years. Imagine the load of congestion that would take off Melbourne?

We do a terrible job of rural and regional planning in Australia. Our centres outside the cities are dying and need urgent regeneration.

(That said, money for the Junction Oval redevelopment would be handy...)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintspremiers wrote: I guess they're not interested in utilization otherwise EW link would be built
Not interested in spending 18 billion for a hole in the ground you mean.

Geelong has been terribly hit by the loss of Ford and Alcoa, but you want the No.1 priority to be the friggen JO.

What an absolute joke of priorities.

Thank god we got rid of the corrupt Liberal idiots and their uncosted, no Business Case hole in the gorund, dumb stupid E-W link rubbish.

No some real infrastructure can be built in the regions like Geelong and Ballarat.

Oh but that's right only Melbourne exists in some peoples eyes, mainly Liberals, who do care an iota how the regions are going.

Maybe that's why they were wiped out in Geelong and regions.
The local La Porchetta and Sam's Warehouse closed near me. Can the pollies promise some infrastructure for those unemployed peoples or does it just go to one area (a labor area) for sport?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: I'm not a Cats supporter.
Wonder who the new premier supports?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: I'm not a Cats supporter.
Wonder who the new premier supports?
the drug cheats of course