Hate blaming Umpires but ........

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Hate blaming Umpires but ........

Pwoit wrote:Non free to lonie costly, goes down other end for goal.
Devilhead wrote:Non free to Lonie and free against Dempster were farking atrocious

Missed opportunity to put 4 on the board

How many times were frees ignored when they were going our way and non frees paid to GWS.

Don't want to use the Umpires as a crotch - but in these games when it really does come down to 50/50, we need some reward for effort.

Free kicks - 25 to 20 - how many of ours were genuine hard won tackles - how many of theirs were soft???

Cannot believe the crap served up by the men officiating.

We need to learn how to duck and milk the system!!!!

We won the clearances, we won the contested possessions, we won the tackle count. Keep your heads up boys!!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hate blaming Umpires but ........

And dont forget those srappy 50 meter penalties!

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Have to agree, our skills were shocking but even then we should have won with those shocking skills.

Sliding door moment was lonie not getting the free in front of goals then dempster giving away a 'free kick' the other end. Definately noticed that the umpires around the ground were not on the same page for the whole game
Last edited by Griggsy on Sun 05 Apr 2015 5:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Agreed. I very rarely have too much of a go at the umpires but today they were really frustrating. At the ground it looked like we got the raw end of every stick.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Another great display today. What do people expect other than bias s*** like today. The non free to Lonie then the free against Dempster should be sent to corruption officers.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Another great display today. What do people expect other than bias s*** like today. The non free to Lonie then the free against Dempster should be sent to corruption officers.

He is back and again illogical.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Another great display today. What do people expect other than bias s*** like today. The non free to Lonie then the free against Dempster should be sent to corruption officers.

Again your in the minority.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What? That you are illogical? I doubt it.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Are you suggesting the umpires were good?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Are you suggesting the umpires were good?

No when did I even slightly mention that?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Poor umpiring but I'm not sure why you'd assume it was bias.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Old P66 just can't bring himself to post the umpires were rubbish.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Have to agree, our skills were shocking but even then we should have won with those shocking skills.

Sliding door moment was lonie not getting the free in front of goals then dempster giving away a 'free kick' the other end. Defiantly noticed that the umpires around the ground were not on the same page for the whole game
Absolutely - instead of a 1 point ball game with us having momentum - it became a 13 point game and they had some breathing room.

At that point even Dunstall was expressing disbelief.

I noted a few points throughout the game, that the commentators questioned the umpires decisions, and never was it when we were given a free.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
What was it then? One free to Lonie not paid then a mistake the other end gifts them a goal.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Old P66 just can't bring himself to post the umpires were rubbish.

I thought they made errors. I think all umpires do. What I don't think is it is corruption and bias. That is plain illogical.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

in the first half it appeared that GWS raised the bar on dropping the head for a free as as an artform but having said that aren't the umps made to look silly because of it?

I have no doubt that poor umpiring cost us that game. Very lopsided.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
What was it then? One free to Lonie not paid then a mistake the other end gifts them a goal.
What was it? Why not incompetence and bad luck?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
No not at this level you can't miss a free like the one to Lonie unless you choose to.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
No not at this level you can't miss a free like the one to Lonie unless you choose to.
You know that makes no sense, right? I get paid a lot more than the umpires and I still make mistakes at work.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:

That is hilarious. So I take it this will be front page news tomorrow. Has to be. Umpires cheat will probably be the headline.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
You know that makes no sense, right? I get paid a lot more than the umpires and I still make mistakes at work.
Bergholt - how many people bet on the outcome of your work though???

― Aristophanes

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Yep of course it will be.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Bergholt - how many people bet on the outcome of your work though???

So you think the umpires or friends bet on GWS so they cheated to make sure they won? That is even bigger news. That will be on the first 5 pages of the paper and head every news bulletin tonight I would think if you are right.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Do you look at something and go I know this is a mistake but I will do it anyway? Do you make mistakes deliberately that effect people?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
CURLY wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Do you look at something and go I know this is a mistake but I will do it anyway? Do you make mistakes deliberately that effect people?
How can you tell it's a deliberate mistake? Are you inside the umpires' heads?