Sandy v frankston practice match

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Sandy v frankston practice match

Early 1st qtr sandy 3.1 to 2.0 acres has a goal. Wright the only senior emergency not playing. Tom lee again lining up at full back

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Re: Sandy v frankston practice match

White just being helped off with an ankle injury. Came down awkwardly in a marking contest

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Qtr time sandy 7.4 to 5.1. Paddy, acres, Eli have a goal each. Goddard has been great at half back taken some really courageous grabs. Hickey and Holmes dominating the rucks
On a side note, have a small wager on CJ to win the Liston. He is a mile better than the VFL COMP

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

1/2 time. Sandy 11.7 to 7.4. Paddy has 3.2 and could've kicked 6 or 7 but gave a few away. Goddard is smashing them at half back. Acres has been good Holmes is the best big man on the ground. Brenton Payne has taken some unbelievable marks and kicked a goal. Eli has done some nice things but not dominated. Lee has looked a lot better and his field kicking is really good

saint6709
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:1/2 time. Sandy 11.7 to 7.4. Paddy has 3.2 and could've kicked 6 or 7 but gave a few away. Goddard is smashing them at half back. Acres has been good Holmes is the best big man on the ground. Brenton Payne has taken some unbelievable marks and kicked a goal. Eli has done some nice things but not dominated. Lee has looked a lot better and his field kicking is really good
Cheers - liking your work !!

falka
Club Player

Thanks for the updates.
Appreciated.
Keep em coming

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

3/4 time sandy 102 to 72. Mitch Brown should be playing AFL. Goddard will be in the seniors real soon. Paddy has had a good game his ground work has been impressive.
Holmes has been fantastic he's now making really good position and does not fumble
Hickey has been good just needs to be more aggressive and physical
Acres got a ton of possession

longtimesaint
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:3/4 time sandy 102 to 72. Mitch Brown should be playing AFL. Goddard will be in the seniors real soon. Paddy has had a good game his ground work has been impressive.
Holmes has been fantastic he's now making really good position and does not fumble
Hickey has been good just needs to be more aggressive and physical
Acres got a ton of possession
I can't understand why Acres is not in the seniors!

One year will be our year
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Thanks MadDog.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

big win

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Got a text from one of the boys at the game ( and one who should know ) who said McKenzie bad an absolute cracker. What was your opinion BringBackMaddog? He wore no. 70

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Thanks MadDog, brilliant news about the kids.

Except for Spencer :shock:

Always loyal
Razor
Club Player

Who were the best players in you opinion?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Sounds positive. The four boys who have big potential for us all produced by the sounds of it.

Get them all in our side in a few weeks and we will start to see the very very early signs of promise hopefully

Bring back the Lockett era
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

tony74 wrote:Got a text from one of the boys at the game ( and one who should know ) who said McKenzie bad an absolute cracker. What was your opinion BringBackMaddog? He wore no. 70
DMac is a beauty, his defensive efforts are manic, he tackles to hurt and goes head first after the footy. He is super quick but has a really weird running style.
He got a lot of the footy and was pretty clean with his ball use

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Good stuff mad dog. How many did Paddy end up with?

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Razor wrote:Who were the best players in you opinion?
Best saints players: Goddard, acres, DMac, paddy, minchy had a great second half, Holmes, hickey, special mention to Brenton Payne who took some ripper marks and looks a real good prospect.
Best Sandy players: Mitch Brown (BOG), CJ, TDL, Kenny Ong (we need to recruit this guy)

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:Got a text from one of the boys at the game ( and one who should know ) who said McKenzie bad an absolute cracker. What was your opinion BringBackMaddog? He wore no. 70
I can definitely vouch (spelling?) for that. DMac was absolutely a grade - this kid could be elite mate, looked like a 200 game veteran out there. Got a lot of it and didn't waste a disposal, footskills to die for.

Apart from 3/4 shocking clangers, Blake was fantastic, if you can say that. Eli's second half was brilliant. Hugh's leadership, composure and decisionmaking was excellent - and Paddy probably shouldve kicked 7 or 8.

Paddy, DMac, Hugh, Lonie, Sinclair and Payne could actually be a bigger and better draft haul than last years based on what I saw today.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Good stuff mad dog. How many did Paddy end up with?
I left with about 10 mins to go in the last and he had 4.3 and he gave off another 2 when he marked inside 40 metres but chose to short pass side ways.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Good stuff mad dog. How many did Paddy end up with?
I left with about 10 mins to go in the last and he had 4.3 and he gave off another 2 when he marked inside 40 metres but chose to short pass side ways.
Thats what he finished with. If i was to be critical, he missed a shot about 30 out on a slight angle in the 2nd and 30 seconds later he intercepted a kick in an almost identical spot - he chose to pass it to a one on one which failed. He really seemed to lose his confidence in his kicking after that. Its something he will improve on and not a concern, but I would've loved to see him make amends straight away and just slot it through. Could've easily destroyed Frankston today and kicked a a dozen. Great result though to kick a mini bag - he will be a 70 plus forward for a decade

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saint-stu
Club Player

I would only add that I thought Eli Templeton was also excellent. He had a heap of possessions and his skills were great.

It was a really strong team performance, but the standouts for me were Templeton, McCartin and Acres. Goddard, Holmesy, Hickey, Saunders and Tom Lee were all pretty good.

I didn't really notice DMac and Payne so much as I don't really recognise them yet :/

tony74, I'm guessing the Saints player was Joey? Is he helping out with the coaching a bit this year?

1ac46a38
saint-stu
Club Player

St Ick wrote:I can definitely vouch (spelling?) for that. DMac was absolutely a grade - this kid could be elite mate, looked like a 200 game veteran out there. Got a lot of it and didn't waste a disposal, footskills to die for.

Apart from 3/4 shocking clangers, Blake was fantastic, if you can say that. Eli's second half was brilliant. Hugh's leadership, composure and decisionmaking was excellent - and Paddy probably shouldve kicked 7 or 8.

Paddy, DMac, Hugh, Lonie, Sinclair and Payne could actually be a bigger and better draft haul than last years based on what I saw today.
They're a really exciting group aren't they? It was a pretty impressive team today I thought considering they're not our first choices (yet).

I really hope we elevate Holmsey. He is just excellent in the ruck. And his skills in traffic were pretty damn good for a guy who has hardly played the game. He doesn't need to kick the ball that much anyway as there's always a runner to take a quick handpass. Besides, his kicking isn't all that bad anyway.

1ac46a38
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:I would only add that I thought Eli Templeton was also excellent. He had a heap of possessions and his skills were great.

It was a really strong team performance, but the standouts for me were Templeton, McCartin and Acres. Goddard, Holmesy, Hickey, Saunders and Tom Lee were all pretty good.

I didn't really notice DMac and Payne so much as I don't really recognise them yet :/

tony74, I'm guessing the Saints player was Joey? Is he helping out with the coaching a bit this year?
I'm not sure whether the saints player was Joey but Gilbo and Ray were helping out maybe line coaching or something with some help from Joey. I was just sitting in the stand minding my own biz when the Sandy coaches and those three all came up and sat there.

Paddy needs to get some definition in his body because, at the moment, he is just a big lump of a lad.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I'm just happy to see a collection of Saints listed players dominating the best players list for Sandy. A step in the right direction........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
dsav
Club Player

Photo album now up.
http://www.davesavell.com/p528345093

Dave
@SavellDave