This is our Grand Final for 2015!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

This is our Grand Final for 2015!

Make no mistake, this game is HUGE!

It's worth way more than 4 points.

If we are to only win one more game this year, please be it this one.

Against the odds, without Roo (likely), against Carlton, in NZ.

BRING. IT. ON!!!!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: This is our Grand Final for 2015!

Why?

You are garbage - Enough said
barneyboyz
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Make no mistake, this game is HUGE!

It's worth way more than 4 points.

If we are to only win one more game this year, please be it this one.

Against the odds, without Roo (likely), against Carlton, in NZ.

BRING. IT. ON!!!!!
We will win the next two games!

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

We just HAVE to win in NZ....regardless of the opposition.

Does anyone think the Hawks deal in Tassie would be as successful if they were going there to get spanked every game.

If we want to capture the hearts, minds, and wallets of the locals, we need to put on a half decent show for them.

spert
Saintsational Legend

As my NZ mate emailed and said " Who's going to beat St Kilda this time?" and that's what the locals generally think apparently. Not a great base to promote us or the AFL. A loss this time should put the whole venture to bed.

bigballs
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Why?
For starters, to get the locals to continue barracking for us, we have to give them something to barrack for.

If we continue to lose every match we play there, they'll quickly lose interest and the whole NZ venture will be a waste of time and money.
barneyboyz wrote: We will win the next two games!
Hopefully we will, but it's a big ask beating anyone at the moment the way we played last week......let's get past Carlscum first.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Why?
Because if we can just pull this off it might boost the crowd for next year's game by about 10.

SP.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

If there was a game we could pick to win it would be this one. Injuries have crippled us again though. There can't be one player on the field being the weak link. Need shutdown pressure all over the field. If it is at least a close game then NZ get the feel of how exciting our game can be.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:If there was a game we could pick to win it would be this one. Injuries have crippled us again though. There can't be one player on the field being the weak link. Need shutdown pressure all over the field. If it is at least a close game then NZ get the feel of how exciting our game can be.

Well while i think saying that there cannot be one week link is a bit over the top, I do agree that injuries have cruelled our chances for this game.

With Roo, Joey and Weller all in (not to mention other like Gilbert and Webster) I would have felt very bullish about our chances of winning. As it stands while we are still in witha a chance, it is much weakened.

The Blues midfield is still quite good even if the rest of their team is only so, so.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:As my NZ mate emailed and said " Who's going to beat St Kilda this time?" and that's what the locals generally think apparently. Not a great base to promote us or the AFL. A loss this time should put the whole venture to bed.
We're the new Washington Generals by the sound of that (they used to play against the Harlem Globetrotters).

The Reds defeated the Globetrotters 100-99 on January 5, 1971 in Martin, Tennessee, ending their 2,495-game losing streak. And yet their coach never got sacked.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

If Riewoldt, Montagna, Gilbert, Webster, Weller, Ray and Ross were in the squad ahead of McCartin, Minchington, Shenton, Schneider, Curren, Acres and Sinclair then we'd be a real chance. Unfortunately I think we're in for another flogging

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:If Riewoldt, Montagna, Gilbert, Webster, Weller, Ray and Ross were in the squad ahead of McCartin, Minchington, Shenton, Schneider, Curren, Acres and Sinclair then we'd be a real chance. Unfortunately I think we're in for another flogging

They probably have as many good players out as us, maybe more. Should be a close game. $3 is great odds.

spert
Saintsational Legend

As usual it will be won in the midfield, and after the Collingwood capitulation, it appears our midfield have no defensive game whatsoever, so unless we get hands on the ball first, it's goodbye Saints. My suggestion to AR is that whatever you did to prepare the side for the Collingwood game,..do the exact opposite and we might have a chance of a win!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:As usual it will be won in the midfield, and after the Collingwood capitulation, it appears our midfield have no defensive game whatsoever, so unless we get hands on the ball first, it's goodbye Saints. My suggestion to AR is that whatever you did to prepare the side for the Collingwood game,..do the exact opposite and we might have a chance of a win!

You wanted the club to start well and we have. Now you don't want them to start well. I would suggest AR is going as well as he can with the team we are putting on the park. You do realise from last year we have 3 out of our first 5 in last years B&F out of the side. A side that was no good anyway and clearly worse than 2 years ago.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:As usual it will be won in the midfield, and after the Collingwood capitulation, it appears our midfield have no defensive game whatsoever, so unless we get hands on the ball first, it's goodbye Saints. My suggestion to AR is that whatever you did to prepare the side for the Collingwood game,..do the exact opposite and we might have a chance of a win!