I'm torn...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

citywest

I'm torn...

My heart says I want St Kilda to win today but my head says otherwise. If we win today we go to 12 points and may well end up winning 6 to 8 games for the year (which would be great mind you). However, with the future in mind, it may be better in the long run if we play really well today, have no injuries and lose by 9 points. I just listened to Callum Twomey and Nat Edwards on the "Road To The Draft" and I really want the Saints to have pick 3 or pick 2. Not pick 1 obviously because 27 wooden spoons is more than enough.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm torn...

citywest wrote:My heart says I want St Kilda to win today but my head says otherwise. If we win today we go to 12 points and may well end up winning 6 to 8 games for the year (which would be great mind you). However, with the future in mind, it may be better in the long run if we play really well today, have no injuries and lose by 9 points. I just listened to Callum Twomey and Nat Edwards on the "Road To The Draft" and I really want the Saints to have pick 3 or pick 2. Not pick 1 obviously because 27 wooden spoons is more than enough.

You aren't a supporter. You are a disgrace. Its time to piss off.

<WARNING ISSUED FOR ABUSE>

citywest

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Here is the link.....

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/road-to-the-draft
Who cares. Win the game. That's all that matters at the moment.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I've barracked for the Saints for 48 years and I have never wanted them to lose a game. Ever. The draft is a lottery. Who knows how good pick 1 or 2 or 20 will be. In the last two years we've picked up Dunstan, Acres, Goddard and McKenzie between picks 17 and 22. I'd be happy with four more of them over the next two years.
Now I just wish someone could give me back the minutes of life I just wasted responding to this.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

WIN!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

A winning culture is far more important than a draft position. Ask Melbourne and Carlton who both thought that multiple years of low picks would guarantee them success.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
asiu
Saintsational Legend

we've only won the bloody thing Once ,
so i cant see any Winning Culture.
... on this issue , i'm with you CW
... wont worry me diddly squat if we come up short of the 4 points.

bigger fish to be fried.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Natalie Imbruglia's posting now?
Well; all me retort: we need to win today.
As I have stated previously, we will lose our last 6 matches this year, possibly all by pretty large margins. Richmond has also shifted a gear, so that makes 7 of our last 8 that we definitely won't be physically able to win. Think of that - a full third of the season without a win in the last 8 rounds. Our only real chance in the last 8 games is against Melbourne, and as that is being played at the G we are 50/50 at best. You have to sell hope - to the supporters, to the members, to the sponsors and to players, present and future. Today we must win. And hopefully win well.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Am at the Gabba now over cast which is keeping it cooler perfect conditions

win!!!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

In the new FA market a positive future is almost as important as high draft picks. When you win you attract the better FAs. If the Bulldogs had tanked they would have missed out on Bontempelli.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Look at Carlton... How low were they and how many great picks did they get... I personally am so happy that we are where we are now on the back of our best chances at Premierships... What can Carlton look back on...... Nothing at all..

Play to win, good kids will come and regardless we will get decent picks anyways..

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

The thing is when do you say enough is enough. Everyone has differing opinions. It's not as you can flick a switch and say now let's start winning. The whole process is an evolution. Accept it for what it is.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:The thing is when do you say enough is enough. Everyone has differing opinions. It's not as you can flick a switch and say now let's start winning. The whole process is an evolution. Accept it for what it is.
We have a chance today and I want to see a win. Losses are never acceptable.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:A winning culture is far more important than a draft position. Ask Melbourne and Carlton who both thought that multiple years of low picks would guarantee them success.
Of course. But you are a supporter.
Last edited by saintspremiers on Sun 31 May 2015 10:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Saint wagga
Club Player

dont think it matters where we end up, imo, the morewins the better. Look at our best up and coming player, Josh Bruce, wasnt even a top 20 pick. our best mid, jack steven, not even top 20 pick. We need to win win and win, instil belief and confidence. We have enough talent, and add to that with a couple more drafts of decent talent and where on the way...well, were on the way already, but no more losing, done enough of that over the last 2 seasons! Would love a great win today!!

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Citywest is as reliable as the sun and the moon when it comes to contentious posts; doesn't want Saints to win yet claims to bea Saints supporter.

A bigger range of tools than Sidchrome ever dreamt of. Please go "support" another club, Citywest.

Saint supporter since '62
Johnny Favier
Club Player

A win is as good for a young team's overall development and confidence than any dubious benefit gained by being one or two places higher up in the draft.

Not torn at all - I want us to win every time the boys go out there...and as supporters, that's how it should be for all of us.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I'm with you, Plugger. This guy is not a supporter. Time for Citywest crawl back under his troll bridge.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I'm with you, Plugger. This guy is not a supporter. Time for Citywest crawl back under his troll bridge.
Chitywest is an Essendon supporter

<WARNING ISSUED FOR BAITING>

citywest

Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Is that right Sainternist? Well I am entitled to my opinion. If we win I will be happy and if we lose with no serious injuries I will also be happy. Forums are for people to post opinions and have discussion yet you seem to think that if someone has a different opinion to yourself they must be a troll. You have no idea.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Is that right Sainternist? Well I am entitled to my opinion. If we win I will be happy and if we lose with no serious injuries I will also be happy. Forums are for people to post opinions and have discussion yet you seem to think that if someone has a different opinion to yourself they must be a troll. You have no idea.

Anyone on a saints forum starting a post hoping to lose is not a real supporter. Its that simple. Different opinions are fine. Hoping to lose is plain madness.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He has 700+ posts over more than 3 years. You really think he's a troll? Or is he just a supporter who has opinions you don't agree with?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You're absolutely right. I have no idea. And neither does the rest of the forum, in terms of whether you are a supporter or just a straight out nuisance. I gave you the benefit of the doubt in more recent time, but now I'm coming to the conclusion you are of the latter variety. Time to give it a rest, mate. Your ongoing negativity towards our club has run its course.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

I'm torn between a steak and a pork chop. hmmmm

Fortius Quo Fidelius