Josh Bruce makes a monkey out of David King

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Austinnn
Club Player

Got sent a membership email with a link to this great bit of media work from the Saints.

http://www.saints.com.au/video/2015-06- ... es-afl-360

Josh Bruce crashed AFL360 and presented club nemisis David King with a 2015 membership, made him wear the scarf and cap. Closest he could do to shoving it right down his gob without getting arrested! Had Saints badge (and main sponsor by the way) filling up the screen there, great to see.

The only thing that I didn't like was the idea that he was made a fool of by dressing him up like one of us Saints fans, and that a Saints membership is somehow a punishment, but in context it totally works and I don't have a problem with it.

Saints media this year has been exceptional, such a relief after years of under-performance. Chapeaux, as folks round where I live say.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Josh Bruce makes a monkey out of David King

David King is putrid.

“Yeah….nah””
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:David King is putrid.
+infinity

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Trixilver
Club Player

Hilarious.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

David King needs no assistance in being made a monkey out of

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

David King is very funny on SEN. Like his sarcasm. I he does know his footy but people cant say that about him.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:David King is very funny on SEN. Like his sarcasm. I he does know his footy but people cant say that about him.
Sarcasm is known as the lowest form of wit, is that why you like it?

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:David King is very funny on SEN. Like his sarcasm. I he does know his footy but people cant say that about him.
Sarcasm is known as the lowest form of wit, is that why you like it?

Yes I do.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Despised him as a player but think he is a brilliant commentator

At least he does his homework and he provides outstanding insights into the tactics, Wednesday night on 360 is great with Sellers

So what if he went against the Saints, does it really matter

I know what I would prefer over the inanity of Richo et al

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:Despised him as a player but think he is a brilliant commentator

At least he does his homework and he provides outstanding insights into the tactics, Wednesday night on 360 is great with Sellers

He sounds good, but is about as accurate as the average punter on the street at best. Saying we won't win a game is pretty comical...he wrote off Geelong with authority in 2011, they won the flag. I don't mind listening to him don't get me wrong,but he's made an art form of over complicating analysis. I prefer Glenn Luff who he is on radio with on wednesday arvo's,he's about a month ahead of the game,whilst King and the like are a month behind

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:Despised him as a player but think he is a brilliant commentator

He sounds good, but is about as accurate as the average punter on the street at best. Saying we won't win a game is pretty comical...he wrote off Geelong with authority in 2011, they won the flag. I don't mind listening to him don't get me wrong,but he's made an art form of over complicating analysis. I prefer Glenn Luff who he is on radio with on wednesday arvo's,he's about a month ahead of the game,whilst King and the like are a month behind

I think they work together. And you can still understand the game and get results wrong. I don't think Luff would win the tipping every year.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:

I think they work together. And you can still understand the game and get results wrong. I don't think Luff would win the tipping every year.

Doesn't need to win the tipping every year,just needs to not make ridiculous calls. Saying a side won't win a game for the year, and we have won 3 out of 9, lost two close one's, that's a spectacular oversight. Worse when he wrote Geelong off in 2011,not just at the start of the year,but he continued on all the way through the year that they would fall off the cliff....fair enough to say I don't think they will win the flag,he said they will fall off the cliff,all year...

Luff gives us gold such as after Port beat Hawthorn he said they were going horribly and won't keep this up due to there lack of inside 50's. The likes of King said he was being ridiculous,low and behold Port got smacked in there next 3....

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Doesn't need to win the tipping every year,just needs to not make ridiculous calls. Saying a side won't win a game for the year, and we have won 3 out of 9, lost two close one's, that's a spectacular oversight. Worse when he wrote Geelong off in 2011,not just at the start of the year,but he continued on all the way through the year that they would fall off the cliff....fair enough to say I don't think they will win the flag,he said they will fall off the cliff,all year...

Luff gives us gold such as after Port beat Hawthorn he said they were going horribly and won't keep this up due to there lack of inside 50's. The likes of King said he was being ridiculous,low and behold Port got smacked in there next 3....

They are in the media. some make big calls. Doesn't effect their knowledge of the game. My guess is he has us covered but just stuffed up with his predictions. And thanks for the last paragraph. Im sure, if I could be bothered, find where King was right and Luff was wrong. You don't rate King and I do. I will leave you to tell me more reasons why im wrong.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He expanded on that.

Said he watched our preseason.

Only saw joey out there that he considered a leader, so thought there was so nobody to show the kids what was expected in training standards and professionalism.

It was still a grave error on his part, cause he failed to realise guys like Armo, Geary, Newnes, Dempster were well able to set examples.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:He expanded on that.

Only saw joey out there that he considered a leader, so thought there was so nobody to show the kids what was expected in training standards and professionalism.

It was still a grave error on his part, cause he failed to realise guys like Armo, Geary, Newnes, Dempster were well able to set examples.
Around 20% on here don't even want Geary in the side, let alone as a leader

Probably another 10% thought Dempster was finished

And pretty sure no one saw the Armo season coming

In other words there were plenty on here not recognising the leadership either, and we are fans!

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
SainterK wrote:He expanded on that.

Around 20% on here don't even want Geary in the side, let alone as a leader

Probably another 10% thought Dempster was finished

And pretty sure no one saw the Armo season coming

In other words there were plenty on here not recognising the leadership either, and we are fans!
We?

Don't speak for me Terry :wink:

Baton was passed awhile go, maybe not in an official sense, but certainly the next leaders are leading.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:David King is putrid.
Being a gentleman at heart I won't say what he really is, but you are close enough.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Great stuff. Bruce on the loose!
Josh is looking more and more like Toshiro Mifune in the old samurai movies with the locks tied up like that and his half grown beard.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I particularly like how he enjoyed being the No.1 man when Rooey was out. It's Interesting how players can really step up quickly to fill a vacuum (as we've seen with Armitage filling Lenny's role this season).

In a sense there is no growth for saplings in the shade of a mighty oak.

I guess Josh willl have to take the back seat now for a while with the skipper demanding every ball, etc.

So don't be surprised or concerned if his output drops off a bit.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sat 06 Jun 2015 11:57am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I particularly like how he enjoyed being the No.1 man when Rooey was out. It's Interesting how players can really step up quickly to fill a vacuum (as we've seen with Armitage filling Lenny's role this season).

In a sense there is no growth for saplings in the shade of a mighty oak.

I guess Josh willl have to take the back seat now for a while with the skipper demanding every ball, etc. So don't be surprised if his output drops off a bit.

He seemed to get given enough ball last week.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I noticed him and Riewoldt flying for the same ball more than once.

Anyway, the club is well aware it needs to develop a forward line for the future so no doubt we'll see more of Riewoldt up the ground in a sort of a high half-forward wing position link up role.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I noticed him and Riewoldt flying for the same ball more than once.

Anyway, the club is well aware it needs to develop a forward line for the future so no doubt we'll see more of Riewoldt up the ground in a sort of a high half-forward wing position link up role.

Rooy will play our he has always played. Running around everywhere but mainly as our key forward.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Like in the Bulldogs game? Moved to wing (there's no other way to describe it) at half time.

The result? Everyone starts kicking them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Like in the Bulldogs game? Moved to wing (there's no other way to describe it) at half time.

Then why don't they do that every week. Love it when we use an example as if to prove its the way to play him. I could use last week but I will just use his entire career.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Like in the Bulldogs game? Moved to wing (there's no other way to describe it) at half time.

Then why don't they do that every week. Love it when we use an example as if to prove its the way to play him. I could use last week but I will just use his entire career.
Like I said, Plugger, I am sure we will see more of it in future. They will want to develop McCartin at some stage and there will not be room in the same forward line for he, Riewoldt and Bruce.