Lenny Hayes and the 2015 Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

howlinwolf
Club Player

Lenny Hayes and the 2015 Saints

I was listening to 774 ABC broadcast of the game today and they had Lenny on for comments throughout.
It was really insightful and I couldn't help but wonder if he has a role at the club.
He seems to have in depth knowledge of the players. Is it that or he just loves the Saints that much and hasn't let go. If so he takes a very keen interest in us still.
Hopefully he has a role to play still for our club as he is inspiring to listen to and so well respected.
He showed much passion for us and got involved a bit like a one eyed Saints supporter at the game. Funny !

He said he thought we would win as many as we have at this stage as he knew we were much better than where were at last year. Said Lonie and Sinclair have come along a lot faster than he expected.

Anyone else hear the call ?

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lenny Hayes and the 2015 Saints

howlinwolf wrote:I was listening to 774 ABC broadcast of the game today and they had Lenny on for comments throughout.
It was really insightful and I couldn't help but wonder if he has a role at the club.
He seems to have in depth knowledge of the players. Is it that or he just loves the Saints that much and hasn't let go. If so he takes a very keen interest in us still.
Hopefully he has a role to play still for our club as he is inspiring to listen to and so well respected.
He showed much passion for us and got involved a bit like a one eyed Saints supporter at the game. Funny !

He said he thought we would win as many as we have at this stage as he knew we were much better than where were at last year. Said Lonie and Sinclair have come along a lot faster than he expected.

Anyone else hear the call ?

He has no role at all now. I believe he is far to busy with work commitments.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

will we ever get Banger back ?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I heard him say Sinclair was still 19 so I don't know about the 'depth' of his knowledge for the new guys.

Club Player

He works at the AFL and is very highly regarded.
In his role he regularly works with players from all clubs including St Kilda.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

1966 wrote:He works at the AFL and is very highly regarded.
What's his role there?

Can only be a plus for the AFL

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Internally the players knew more than the fans. Roberton told me preseason they were pumped and all were on the same page and all knew the game plan this year. He thought they had a great backline this year and were really pumped and thought it was going to be a very good year for the club. I said it on here and it got a few smart arse comments but he was right.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Saints! I said a few weeks ago that six wins were achievable, and you've made the Jiggster as happy as Lenny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
1966 wrote:He works at the AFL and is very highly regarded.
What's his role there?

Can only be a plus for the AFL

Does a bit of this and that. MRP stuff, working on the next pay rise for players, coaching the under 18's.

Club Player

He won the Ron Evans Scholarship which is a 12 month role encompassing all levels within of the AFL.
Great opportunity for him as includes everything from player development and welfare to commercial operations.
Not sure which way he will go at the end of the year but would be very surprised if he doesn't remain at the AFL.
Despite what other poster said, he does have a close relationship with several of the younger Saints players in his role at the AFL.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

1966 wrote:He won the Ron Evans Scholarship which is a 12 month role encompassing all levels within of the AFL.
Great opportunity for him as includes everything from player development and welfare to commercial operations.
Not sure which way he will go at the end of the year but would be very surprised if he doesn't remain at the AFL.
Despite what other poster said, he does have a close relationship with several of the younger Saints players in his role at the AFL.

The other poster is me and he has no official role at the saints and he is involved with Saints players the same as he is involved with WB players. I have no idea if you know him or not but what I have said is fact and it is straight from Lenny.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I heard him say Sinclair was still 19 so I don't know about the 'depth' of his knowledge for the new guys.
He was only about 6 months off... I doubt Richo knows all the players birthdays off by heart.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Sawf
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
1966 wrote:He won the Ron Evans Scholarship which is a 12 month role encompassing all levels within of the AFL.

The other poster is me and he has no official role at the saints and he is involved with Saints players the same as he is involved with WB players. I have no idea if you know him or not but what I have said is fact and it is straight from Lenny.
I thought 1966's comment about the 'other poster' was to do with Lenny's knowledge of Jack Sinclair's age - not sure if this is the case?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sawf wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I thought 1966's comment about the 'other poster' was to do with Lenny's knowledge of Jack Sinclair's age - not sure if this is the case?

If it was then im extremely sorry. I misunderstood.

Club Player

The other poster is me and he has no official role at the saints and he is involved with Saints players the same as he is involved with WB players. I have no idea if you know him or not but what I have said is fact and it is straight from Lenny.[/quote]

No disagreement from me.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Sawf wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Oh dear...
Aside from his AFL gig Lenny also cuts Pluggers lawns on Sundays and they quite often have afternoon tea together out by the terrace.... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sawf wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Oh dear...
Aside from his AFL gig Lenny also cuts Pluggers lawns on Sundays and they quite often have afternoon tea together out by the terrace.... :roll:
Very close teffers. Luckily I reply to your posts because with your inane comments it usually sees the end of the thread. I just like you making more foolish comments so I keep it going.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Great opportunity for him as includes everything from player development and welfare to commercial operations..
Also teaches how to feather one's nest ! AFL style .... not like those unprofessional jerks at FIFA .

In red white and black from 73
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sawf wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Oh dear...
Very close teffers. Luckily I reply to your posts because with your inane comments it usually sees the end of the thread. I just like you making more foolish comments so I keep it going.
You keep comng plugs so who am I to deny you?
I do enjoy having my own personal stalker...

“Yeah….nah””
saintly
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:will we ever get Banger back ?

who cares

elizabethr
Club Player

saintly wrote:
The Fireman wrote:will we ever get Banger back ?

who cares

This..

nothing to say
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I heard him say Sinclair was still 19 so I don't know about the 'depth' of his knowledge for the new guys.
He was only about 6 months off... I doubt Richo knows all the players birthdays off by heart.
The age thing is not important.I am not knocking Lenny. I love him like everyone.

Just saying we don't need to manufacture or invent reasons to love him. He is loveable on his own merits. He doesn't need people inventing stories for him.
Saying he is somehow dedicated 100% to the Saints this year is simply untrue and there is no reason to invent that he does. He would have no more knowledge of our first year players than any other club's first year players. That doesnt diminish him in any way shape or form.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Teflon wrote:Aside from his AFL gig Lenny also cuts Pluggers lawns on Sundays and they quite often have afternoon tea together out by the terrace.... :roll:
Melbourne to Bowral is a bloody long trip to take weekly. :shock:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.