Nick

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

derby Street
Club Player

Nick

Should Nick & the club be talking to the AFL and media about the constant booing whenever he gets a possession?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nick

derby Street wrote:Should Nick & the club be talking to the AFL and media about the constant booing whenever he gets a possession?
It's not to the same extent as Sooky Goodes, but no, Rooey is not a soft***k like Goodes and therefore can take it.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Morons boo Nick. For Adam Goodes, it's morons plus racists, which is why it is louder.

Austinnn
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:Morons boo Nick. For Adam Goodes, it's morons plus racists, which is why it is louder.
Absolutely.

Ask people which players they hate the most and a lot would say H. Lamumba and A. Goodes. Sad for Australia.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
derby Street wrote:Should Nick & the club be talking to the AFL and media about the constant booing whenever he gets a possession?
It's not to the same extent as Sooky Goodes, but no, Rooey is not a soft***k like Goodes and therefore can take it.
Maybe you could give Goodes a few tips on how take it and be tough like you.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Goodes has always been a wanker.

What's your opinion on him?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The fair minded and tolerant supporters of our club have a great opportunity to do the right thing by our club and the AFL code come round 22 when we host the Sydney Swans. I for one will be ready to call out racism from whatever quarter it emanates, and whoever it is directed toward. The treatment currently being dished out to Adam Goodes is disgraceful, and needs to be called out.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

I thought they were saying rooooooo not booooooo with nick?

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Stoopid AFL !

Don't understand the moron mentality that boos , but don't think the AFL should endorse provocative actions towards the crowd !
Afterall they did nothing to stop the shite that Milne copt each week .

If a player is abused from the crowd turns and gives them the bird or tells em to get far away . An umpire or a camera see's or hears it , they are hauled over the coals and given a fine .
But jetta's actions are fine cos he's sticking up for his mate goodes .
Jetta should become the swans enforcer !

MRP " Why did you punch out that player Lewis ? "

Jetta " cos he booed adam ! " ,

MRP " Sorry , charge withdrawn "

In red white and black from 73
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Goodies is a wanker - stager

“Yeah….nah””
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:The fair minded and tolerant supporters of our club have a great opportunity to do the right thing by our club and the AFL code come round 22 when we host the Sydney Swans. I for one will be ready to call out racism from whatever quarter it emanates, and whoever it is directed toward. The treatment currently being dished out to Adam Goodes is disgraceful, and needs to be called out.
What about the fact Goodes has been a wanker for many a year, way before it became herd mentality to boo him - granted that is a big driver at the moment.

I've never had time for Goodes.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

You've made that fact more than abundantly clear SP. What is going on at this minute toward Adam Goodes is just plain WRONG! Dress it up any way we like, it is simply WRONG! If we can't see that, then its a real worry for our sport and society.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:You've made that fact more than abundantly clear SP. What is going on at this minute toward Adam Goodes is just plain WRONG! Dress it up any way we like, it is simply WRONG! If we can't see that, then its a real worry for our sport and society.
If he wants to stop it he needs an expert in social media marketing and strategy. Ie. some expert that can coach him in how to reconnect in a better way to the masses. I'm sure he would now want that rather than his previous strategy of just fighting with everyone.

I don't have the answer - but there are many communication gurus around that can help with a "re branding" so to speak!

mambo2706
Club Player

If it is racism then why doesn't Rioli, Franklin, Jetta, Burgoyne, Ryder etc get booed?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Who says they don't? (get booed or have racist jibes directed toward them) Unless we're out there on the paddock alongside these players week in week out, none of us can really know just what levels of abuse indigenous players have to put up with.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Who says they don't? (get booed or have racist jibes directed toward them) Unless we're out there on the paddock alongside these players week in week out, none of us can really know just what levels of abuse indigenous players have to put up with.
What are you on about?
If the crowd boos the other aboriginal players we'd hear it on the TV broadcasts.

If players did it, other players would put a stop to it and if an umpire overheard it then it's a significant reportable offence.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

He's a wanker and he's slow as he hasn't learned that he should keep his head down and just STFU.

You would think he would get used to being singled out and being a called a monkey and a black **** by now.

I guess that happens and comes with the territory when you're a wanker.
Last edited by SaintPav on Tue 28 Jul 2015 8:09am, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
derby Street
Club Player

mambo2706 wrote:If it is racism then why doesn't Rioli, Franklin, Jetta, Burgoyne, Ryder etc get booed?
+1

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Goodes is a champion footballer and an ordinary bloke.

He rightly called out what he considered a racist comment from a suporter.

However the next day he grandstanded and bullied a 13 y.o girl on national TV calling her the face of racism in Australia.

One thing I cant abide is an adult bullying a child. The kid probably didnt know what she said had racist connotations.

Then he attacks Australia from the bully pulpit of AotY.

Lastly he takes his devisive and wedge politics onto the field and tries to incite the crowd with his silly "war dance".

So what do we have? If a white player incited the crowd he would be sanctioned, but now we have a multitude of them trying to incite the crowd with the backing of the AFL no less.

Too bad they didn't come out and ask people to stop calling Steve Milne a rapist but hey thats not a sexy subject to build a straw man argument is it.

I wouldn't boo Goodes but I have lost all respect for this privileged egotit who thinks he is entitled to bring his politics into our game and have no repercusions.

Anyone willing to call me a racist for typing the above can come up and say it to my face at the football anytime.

Dont expect a passive response.

I wont be bullied and I wont be told who to respect or not. Adam Goodes in my opinion deserves no respect as a person. As a footballer yes, but it sickens me to have these accusations of racism because a bloke is a c**k.

You are garbage - Enough said
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I prefer to focus on supporting MY side rather than wasting energy booing an opponent. Bunk, I'm happy to face up and discuss the issue with you any time you like. Incidentally, I've edited this post because my previous remark, could be interpreted as being confrontational by some, Bunk and I are well capable of discussing the issue in a reasonable manner face to face.
Last edited by thejiggingsaint on Mon 27 Jul 2015 10:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:I prefer to focus on supporting MY side rather than wasting energy booing an opponent. Bunk, I'm happy to face up and discuss the issue with you any time you like.
Good anytime. Discussion is good. Hectoring and bullying from the likes of Francis Leach and Gerard Whately calling everyone who booed Goodes a racist, is beyond the pale.

I wont accept it. Goodes does not represent all of aborigines, he brings his devisive and wedge politics into OUR GAME.

Not his game, or your or my game but THE PEOPLE S GAME, and uses it for his own political ends.

In parts of the world people have died from players inciting crowds using devisive topics. But apparently doing it in Australia is fine.

What happens if this leads to violence?

Jetta was not booed once for three quarters until he aggressively attacked the crowd with his silly dance. BTW it made him look like a tool because his team was 8 goals down, but nobody mentions that do they?

Stuff Goodes, bully of children and preacher of the bully pulpit. I will not miss this person driving a wedge into our game.

Where Nicky Winmar and Michael Long and David Wirrapunda were magnificent ambassadors for race relations in our game and in our community, Goodes has decided to bully and attack.

Stuff him and I for one am glad there have been repercussions for bully boy goodes.

You are garbage - Enough said
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Goodes has been a great player for many years.

Why would anyone boo him?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:I prefer to focus on supporting MY side rather than wasting energy booing an opponent. Bunk, I'm happy to face up and discuss the issue with you any time you like.
Good anytime. Discussion is good. Hectoring and bullying from the likes of Francis Leach and Gerard Whately calling everyone who booed Goodes a racist, is beyond the pale.

I wont accept it. Goodes does not represent all of aborigines, he brings his devisive and wedge politics into OUR GAME.

Not his game, or your or my game but THE PEOPLE S GAME, and uses it for his own political ends.

In parts of the world people have died from players inciting crowds using devisive topics. But apparently doing it in Australia is fine.

What happens if this leads to violence?

Jetta was not booed once for three quarters until he aggressively attacked the crowd with his silly dance. BTW it made him look like a tool because his team was 8 goals down, but nobody mentions that do they?

Stuff Goodes, bully of children and preacher of the bully pulpit. I will not miss this person driving a wedge into our game.

Where Nicky Winmar and Michael Long and David Wirrapunda were magnificent ambassadors for race relations in our game and in our community, Goodes has decided to bully and attack.

Stuff him and I for one am glad there have been repercussions for bully boy goodes.
So says Bunk the privoledged white man ...walk a few yards in a blackmans shoes you racist twat ..you have no idea like the stupid girl who called Goodes a monkey pfft.

<warning for abuse>

Austinnn
Club Player

mambo2706 wrote:If it is racism then why doesn't Rioli, Franklin, Jetta, Burgoyne, Ryder etc get booed?
The number of times I've heard that!

All nice aboriginal players who don't try and upset the status quo. They play the game. They don't put on airs. Nothing white society hates more than outspoken black people.

Goodes may or may not be a c**k, i dont know him personally. I wouldn't presume to know his mind but I would guess he meant that girl was a perfect example of how racism is transferred to an innocent generation, and fostered in a crowd of acceptance, occasionally creating conflict which magnifies the hatred. Not that a young girl is a figurehead for racism. In short id imagine he thought if her as a symptom rather than a cause. I remember thst at at the time he said he was used to copping racist sledging from adults but it shocked him to see an innocent child repeating and extending them. He saw that as the problem.

But he's old enough to defend his own words. He isn't a bully though, and I believe he even apologised to the girl afterwards for all the attention his actions brought on her. Personally I can see his point. I used to say lots of silly s*** when I was young and didn't understand why it was wrong. Granted I never shouted it safe and sound in a crowd at one person who I my parents had paid for me to be entertained by, but still...

I don't have a problem with him using AFL to get across his political message, only because it is such a huge part of our game. If it was a more removed message like opposing regimes in N Korea or so on, I'd be less accepting. Let's not pretend that it's just an abstract message totally removed from the sport. There were people yelling APE at a black footy player and an established star of the game, well into the second decade of the 21st century. Just think about how backwards that is.

I can't have a chat with you face to face Bunk, not unless you wanna come back to Europe, but I'm always happy to talk about it over some other medium if you can be bothered. Im willing to listen, just just speak.

Like the Jiggster, I'd prefer to focus on supporting our players than booing other teams'. But everyone's got their own life to live.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Is this post a joke?

People are saying 'Rooooooooo'.

And for anyone who boos Goodes. You are racist. Plain and simple. Dont give me any of your cr*p excuses like 'oh i am no racist but i boo him because he dived for a free in 2004' etc etc etc.

And 'other indigenous players' dont get booed because they now their 'place' in white society. Goodes gets booed because he dares to be asked to be listened to, even, if just for a moment. Is that too much to ask?

If a black man is bold and dares to even slightly stick his head up or go against the grain just a little, old whitie's head just explodes doesn't it.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 28 Jul 2015 12:15am, edited 1 time in total.