Thanks Faz!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Faz!

And farewell.

I've really enjoyed watching him over the past 6ish years at the Saints and was a great pickup for us.

But his time has come it seems fairly obvious.

Maybe a farewell match next?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thanks Faz!

saintspremiers wrote:And farewell.

I've really enjoyed watching him over the past 6ish years at the Saints and was a great pickup for us.

But his time has come it seems fairly obvious.

Maybe a farewell match next?
I have to agree.

That should have been his last game, along with Murdoch and Saunders.

I think we can pick the players to be delisted now.

Ray, Saunders, Murdoch, Simpkin, Sipposs, White, Marksworth with Saad and Schneider to go from the rookie list.

Shenton can think himself lucky because his performance tonight was pathetic.

Saint_J
Club Player

hate to say it but think Shenton could also be out... looked abit out of his depth tonight. Ritcho had him forward as well?

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Reckon Faz is a pretty decent player, but there are quite a few young guys keen to play in the same position.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

8cres could have got the same 11 possessions tonight. The difference would be he is on the way up and Faz is on the way down.

The list from saynta looks about right but I wouldn't include Markworth on that list just yet.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Saint_J wrote:hate to say it but think Shenton could also be out... looked abit out of his depth tonight. Ritcho had him forward as well?

Shenton just had his contract extended.

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Think Markworth will survive as he hasn't had any luck with injury.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If he wasn't at the Saints next year, Gold Coast should make a play, he'd be a good example. Great bloke, clubman and trainer....

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote:Think Markworth will survive as he hasn't had any luck with injury.
Neither did Jarryn Allen. Doesnt mean he is safe on the list. Will need a few big VFL games in the next month to show he is resilient enough to keep on. Marky has the talent but if he cant play 4 games in a row then sadly he will be chopped. AFL aint easy. Thats why guys who play 100 games + are freaks. All of them.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 23 Aug 2015 12:51am, edited 2 times in total.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Murdoch will be there

Nee!
Saint_J
Club Player

fingers wrote:
Saint_J wrote:hate to say it but think Shenton could also be out... looked abit out of his depth tonight. Ritcho had him forward as well?

Shenton just had his contract extended.
well there goes that one!

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Typical; an undermanned team on paper and we manage a draw against a team playing for their season's survival - and all you want to do is speculate on players that should be given the flick!

Saint supporter since '62
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Murdoch will be there
True.

He paid over a billion for his 6 year contract extension though........

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Not many get to 200 games because you have to be a very good and durable player to get there. Has played a lot of good football for us and still has plenty left. Keep

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Not many get to 200 games because you have to be a very good and durable player to get there. Has played a lot of good football for us and still has plenty left. Keep

So what older guys would you get rid of this year?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Not many get to 200 games because you have to be a very good and durable player to get there. Has played a lot of good football for us and still has plenty left. Keep

Is there a certain number of older players you have to get rid of?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Is there a certain number of older players you have to get rid of?

No there isn't. It was a question but I will say the last thing we wont is 5 or 6 older guys retiring together especially if they are all still playing in the firsts.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:No there isn't. It was a question but I will say the last thing we wont is 5 or 6 older guys retiring together especially if they are all still playing in the firsts.
He's not even 30 yet is he?

What's the situation with Schneider by the way? Has he indicated he wants to go around again?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:No there isn't. It was a question but I will say the last thing we wont is 5 or 6 older guys retiring together especially if they are all still playing in the firsts.

What's the situation with Schneider by the way? Has he indicated he wants to go around again?

I don't care what age he is. He is an older player who hasn't played many games this year so he will be a real chance to retire or be delisted. No idea what Schneider wants to do but he surely is in his last playing year at the saints.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

I don't care what age he is. He is an older player who hasn't played many games this year so he will be a real chance to retire or be delisted. No idea what Schneider wants to do but he surely is in his last playing year at the saints.
Yes I accept that the club may ask Ray to retire. I wouldn't though. Maybe give him a new role like they've done with Rooey :wink: Reinvigorate him
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 23 Aug 2015 10:53am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Yes I accept that the club may ask Ray to retire. I wouldn't though. Maybe give him a new role like they've done with Rooey :wink:

Rooy? What is he a coach or something now?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I'd keep Murdoch personally... would like to see him get more of a go.

Saunders and Shenton aren't showing much IMO

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Yes I accept that the club may ask Ray to retire. I wouldn't though. Maybe give him a new role like they've done with Rooey :wink:

No, but is playing in a position many called for and you said would never happen.
Somewhat like no Hickey and Longer in same team!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

No, but is playing in a position many called for and you said would never happen.
Somewhat like no Hickey and Longer in same team!

Oh right. One game yep. Hickey and Longer haven't played successfully in the one side yet but if they do that's great.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Was that the first game that Riewoldt played away from FF/CHF?