Going ......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Going ......

If the club is not looking at your wares at this time of season then it is probable they have made their decision on you already.

I fear that after 3 years on the list almost all while injured Daniel Markworth has had his card marked.
He has not had much of a chance to show what he can do and has not had a senior game.
There is only one game left after this.
I hope the club at least gives him one senior game to remember for the rest of his life.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Going ......

Probably in trouble unless he has a terrific VFL final series. Now or never you'd think. Has a month to show what he can do.

bigballs
Club Player

Daniel was 1st emergency against Geelong last week, so I don't think he's too far away from making his debut. Apparently he was in and out of the game last week for Sandy, so it sounds like he didn't have a particularly good game.

Unless he plays well this week for Sandy, I reckon he'll have to wait until next year to get his first game for the Saints, that is if they decide to keep him on the list.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Spencer can't get a game in the Sandringham seniors let alone for the saints and people think we will trade him for a first round selection.. We may get 2 top 10 picks if we trade Markworth!?

stjay
Club Player

LTN16 wrote:Spencer can't get a game in the Sandringham seniors let alone for the saints and people think we will trade him for a first round selection.. We may get 2 top 10 picks if we trade Markworth!?
Aaaah, in one word - No.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:If the club is not looking at your wares at this time of season then it is probable they have made their decision on you already.

I fear that after 3 years on the list almost all while injured Daniel Markworth has had his card marked.
He has not had much of a chance to show what he can do and has not had a senior game.
There is only one game left after this.
I hope the club at least gives him one senior game to remember for the rest of his life.

If he isn't good enough to stay then he shouldn't get a senior game just for the sake of it. Its a big call with Markworth but maybe safe because there is plenty that aren't going to make it in my opinion.

Kernal75
Club Player

Mark worth should be retained next year irrespective of whether he plays a game this year. Best case scenario is they offer him a 1 year deal similar to Spencer White. Worst case scenario is they rookie list him until he gets his body right and has a decent run at it. Most clubs saying its a shallow draft and not much after the first round so I'd think clubs will go with a "better the devil you know" attitud rather than loading up on the draft. Saints have already adopted that mindset by resigning Shenton IMO.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Worth the risk IMO to keep Markworth.

As previous said, if he can get his body right and get some good footy going he could well be a missing piece of the jigsaw re outside pace for our seniors.

He wont ever be elite but could be another Savage type. With him I the team with Savage, Webster and Jack Steven, we are a substantially quicker team.

Add to that a pacey mid from this years draft and we may be able to concentrate on filling other gaps (Defence for example).

I think there are others who should be delisted before Markworth. Just my opinion.

You are garbage - Enough said
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

stjay wrote:
LTN16 wrote:Spencer can't get a game in the Sandringham seniors let alone for the saints and people think we will trade him for a first round selection.. We may get 2 top 10 picks if we trade Markworth!?
Aaaah, in one word - No.
Maybe 2 top 10 picks and a player?

stjay
Club Player

LTN16 wrote:
stjay wrote:
Aaaah, in one word - No.
Forget it. He has no trade value.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

stjay wrote:
LTN16 wrote:
stjay wrote:
Aaaah, in one word - No.
No sh*t !

ace
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
LTN16 wrote:
stjay wrote:
Aaaah, in one word - No.
They said that about our 2008 first round draft pick Tom Lynch now doing well at Adelaide.
I think we just gave him away.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08