Seb ross height?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

Seb ross height?

Looking into Seb Ross as trade bait ... Why is he listed at 187cm??

He is more like 177cm whats the deal? Someone having a laugh?

Anyway anyone know his real height? 179cm is my guess. If he is actually 187cm i would be shocked beyond belief and say dont trade him.

But seriously he is 23 next year has shown very little. If we can use him as bait we should. Armo and dunstand are our insiders. And imo curren just as good as ross. So lets trade ross. But first wtf is his height?

ripplug66
Club Player

Re: Seb ross height?

I think that height seems right to me but it wouldn't mean a thing as far as keeping or trading him.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Looking into Seb Ross as trade bait ... Why is he listed at 187cm??

He is more like 177cm whats the deal? Someone having a laugh?

Anyway anyone know his real height? 179cm is my guess. If he is actually 187cm i would be shocked beyond belief and say dont trade him.

But seriously he is 23 next year has shown very little. If we can use him as bait we should. Armo and dunstand are our insiders. And imo curren just as good as ross. So lets trade ross. But first wtf is his height?
187cm is spot on. He will be an elite mid fielder one day. Why would you trade him?

Curren is just a footballer, nowhere near as talented as Ross.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

What makes you think he will be an elite midfielder?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He would be 187

He's about an inch taller than me, so it's about right

I reckon the following are wrong on our list
Riewoldt, Lee, Roberton, minchington

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:What makes you think he will be an elite midfielder?

He has the quickest hands on our list and is one of the best handballers I have seen at the saints in over 60 years.

I believe he can be as good as Mitchell in this area,

Besides the coach loves him.

"Last week, Richardson spoke of the club’s satisfaction in securing a number of inside midfielders with tremendous ball-winning abilities.

He also indicated his desire to add some outside polish to complement the likes of David Armitage, Luke Dunstan and Seb Ross.

Billings fits this mould to a tee, according to Richardson.

“The main area where we need to improve is using the footy and maximising our entries so that we can be more effective and put scoreboard pressure on,” he said.

“Billings is all of those things.”

The club expects Billings to resume pre-season training at full fitness.

SMS
Club Player

187cm?? Really? Taller than newnes
So seb ross is 6ft 1.5inch???

WTF??

I dont see it. But ok.
How talls curren 6ft 4??

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

He is a big boy

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

What an incredibly strange thread. He's clearly a big lad which would be one reason why he's been given quite a lot of time. If he manages to consistently produce his best footy then he'll be an asset, however we've only seen it in glimpses so far. If he was under 180cm with his pace he would never make it near an AFL club. They'll be hoping he becomes a powerhouse clearance mid.

SMS
Club Player

Im shocked. But ok ill accept hes 187.
In that case do not trade him he will become elite. He beat j selwood 2 months ago so why not?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He wasn't Robinson Carusoe beating Selwood this season.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

He has the quickest hands on our list and is one of the best handballers I have seen at the saints in over 60 years.

"Last week, Richardson spoke of the club’s satisfaction in securing a number of inside midfielders with tremendous ball-winning abilities.

He also indicated his desire to add some outside polish to complement the likes of David Armitage, Luke Dunstan and Seb Ross.

“The main area where we need to improve is using the footy and maximising our entries so that we can be more effective and put scoreboard pressure on,” he said.

Thats the first time I ever heard handball used as the best attribute a footballer has. Do you think he is capable of taking us to a premiership or might he get a game is we get some better outside line breakers in the side. Not in our best 22 now. Dont see him in it soon.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Greg Williams best attribute was.....?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

[quote="BigMart"]Greg Williams best attribute was.....?[/quote
Getting the ball. I dont see any comparison. Lovely hands is good but you gotta get the ball first.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Dont get me wrong. He is a good kid. But not first or second pick as an inside mid.

supersaints
Club Player

I think Seb can go on to be an a grader, he really had limited opportunity until the last season or so, I would rather keep him.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:187cm?? Really? Taller than newnes

WTF??

I dont see it. But ok.
How talls curren 6ft 4??
:D

Freeman = 5'9 = Collingwood 6 footer.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

187cm is not that tall nowadays for most positions

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WTF??

I dont see it. But ok.
How talls curren 6ft 4??
Curren's a short arse by comparison at 178cm.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:
saynta wrote:

Thats the first time I ever heard handball used as the best attribute a footballer has. Do you think he is capable of taking us to a premiership or might he get a game is we get some better outside line breakers in the side. Not in our best 22 now. Dont see him in it soon.
Guess you have never heard of Polly Farmer then.

Of course he is in our best 22. Why else would he have gotten a game?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

WTF??

I dont see it. But ok.
How talls curren 6ft 4??
He would be around that. That's how tall I am so he would be around my height. He's quite slight still so doesn't look big. He's quite short necked too so looks littler. Lonie is extremely small in build and height and the fact he can tackle and take tackles at AFL level is outstanding. Curren is pretty short but not many footy players are really little these days. When you see them up close they are skinnier and taller than you expect.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:
saynta wrote:

Im not going to put Ross down and I never saw Polly Farmer play. My dad did and he was a great of the game. Take away his handball ability and he was still a great ruckman, mark and kick. Williams and Farmer are legends of the game. To say handball was there best attribute is naive. Seb Ross (as good as he may be one day) is about 100 games shy of even being mentioned in the same sentence as these 2. Take Steven, Armo, Montagna, Newnes, Billings, Dunstan and add Freeman and I am sure Seb Ross will struggle to find a spot. 3 of these players are younger and one is about to retire and IMHO they all rate higher than Ross. Then we still have to blood McKenzie and Blake.

Mind you if we trade pick five he will be required. Obviously Ross and Carlisle are a more attractive alternative to a pick 5 outside mid.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:
saynta wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:
saynta wrote:

Im not going to put Ross down and I never saw Polly Farmer play. My dad did and he was a great of the game. Take away his handball ability and he was still a great ruckman, mark and kick. Williams and Farmer are legends of the game. To say handball was there best attribute is naive. Seb Ross (as good as he may be one day) is about 100 games shy of even being mentioned in the same sentence as these 2. Take Steven, Armo, Montagna, Newnes, Billings, Dunstan and add Freeman and I am sure Seb Ross will struggle to find a spot. 3 of these players are younger and one is about to retire and IMHO they all rate higher than Ross. Then we still have to blood McKenzie and Blake.

Mind you if we trade pick five he will be required. Obviously Ross and Carlisle are a more attractive alternative to a pick 5 outside mid.
I will stick with my Polly Farmer comment. His handballing skills changed the way the game was played.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:
saynta wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:
saynta wrote:

I will stick with my Polly Farmer comment. His handballing skills changed the way the game was played.
And why shouldnt you. I concede that what I said does not apply to Polly Farmer and maybe Williams too. Both Legends who did something rare if not unique. I retract my silly comment. But I will keep my perspective on Ross. Its a good thing that he's a fringe player who has an ability to take the next step. Says a lot for our plan and recruiting. But if you become over loyal or complacently happy with winning and not improving the list you will never win 3 premierships in a decade let alone a row.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

WTF??

I dont see it. But ok.
How talls curren 6ft 4??
You need glasses mate. Seb is a big unit... TC is a midget with muscles.