Any way- Jake's found a Job

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Any way- Jake's found a Job

for me this is good- real life
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/c ... 44c80ee445
Carlisle has been busying himself with weights and running during the early part of his enforced layoff and this month plans to start a work placement, possibly three to four days a week, in the construction industry.

“Jake and I have had lots of discussions about making the most of this year with the time that he’ll have available,” Carlisle’s manager Anthony McConville told the Herald Sun
>>>>
“Outside of football Jake’s interest is in construction management and building so that’s an area he’ll pursue beyond football and he’s been presented with an opportunity. That’s exciting for Jake.”

McConville would not say if Carlisle would join the players expected to challenge the Court of Arbitration for Sport verdict at a Swiss court. Players must lodge documents by Wednesday.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Any way- Jake's found a Job

This is great news. Well spotted bratty.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Best not to let him near a nail gun or power saw.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

That's good. This year could really mature him being away from the club and all the footy groupies and media obsession with footy that can make them short-sighted narcissistic superstars. Just living normal life for a while will make him realise that this is how it will be after footy and ground him a bit.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:Best not to let him near a nail gun or power saw.
That's right. Could become the one armed bandit

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Good stuff. Could be a real growth year for him as a person.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Jake Carlisle ‏@jcarlisle22
Loving the new job working with these legends. Thanks to Buxton Constructions for the opportunity #stillmissingfooty

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Good on him. I hope it's a real personal growth year for Jake and he comes back to into the AFL footy system with a greater perspective on himself and life.

jamesmc
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:Image

Loving the new job working with these legends. Thanks to Buxton Constructions for the opportunity #stillmissingfooty
if this photo doesn't make him regret his decisions, nothing will.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:

how so ?

jamesmc
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
jamesmc wrote:

how so ?
I'm sure he would prefer to be photo'd standing next to his new backline teammates as opposed to this motley crew.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
jamesmc wrote:

how so ?
I'm sure he would prefer to be photo'd standing next to his new backline teammates as opposed to this motley crew.
I'm sure he respects working with these blokes as much as playing football and I'm also sure he would not regret this photo.
This is real life.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote: I'm sure he would prefer to be photo'd standing next to his new backline teammates as opposed to this motley crew.
Well when he's back he'll be in our backline Motley Crue perhaps with Tommy Lee. I'm much happier him hanging out with these honest hard working guys than rave DJ's. And now he's in a workplace where they won't jab him with needles with god knows what on it. Jakes job will be getting the stuff off the top shelf.

jamesmc
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
jamesmc wrote:

how so ?
I'm sure he respects working with these blokes as much as playing football and I'm also sure he would not regret this photo.
This is real life.
if that makes you feel better about seeing our prized recruit in this position all power to you.

jamesmc
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
jamesmc wrote: I'm sure he would prefer to be photo'd standing next to his new backline teammates as opposed to this motley crew.
Well when he's back he'll be in our backline Motley Crue perhaps with Tommy Lee. I'm much happier him hanging out with these honest hard working guys than rave DJ's. And now he's in a workplace where they won't jab him with needles with god knows what on it. Jakes job will be getting the stuff off the top shelf.
None of these guys look too hard working.
And really who gives a flying duck about Carlisle if he is not involved with St.Kilda

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
None of these guys look too hard working.
And really who gives a flying duck about Carlisle if he is not involved with St.Kilda
That's a fair assumption if they are unionised construction workers. The biggest rort there is.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
To the top
SS Life Member

So members of a Union, on a construction site, do not work.

What I will tell you is that Union sites generally complete projects within handover dates, with the Construction Company then paid the negotiated incentives for finishing ahead of schedule (and savings on outgoings including wages so maximising profit) - and at the conclusion these Union workers are on site doing what they are doing a very long way past 8 hours a day (including thru the night).

The very real problem is that these workers are on Contracts - Contracts which terminate when the project completes.

So then they have to re-apply for positions with Tenderer's who have won projects - and, in the mean time find any work they can to keep the money coming in.

THAT is the work-place we have in Australia today.

These Construction workers (including commercial electricians and plumbers et al) much prefer Union sites because they are better remunerated and they receive redundancy payments at the conclusion of the project - unlike non Union sites.

Further, at non Union sites you can be deployed to general duties (instead of utilising your skill) and, when you receive your wekly pay slip you notice that you are paid at a different award from your skills award - because you were deployed as you were on site.

Then you get to OH&S where scant attention is paid to worker safety at non Union sites.

How do I know of these circumstances?

Mates (plural) have sons so impacted - and these are their stories.

They are further impacted because they can not go to a bank and apply for a Home Loan because of their workplace history and prospects.

On top of that, what we do have is flat wages growth - the slowest ever and recessionary.

As the IMF has cautioned, for Australia to evade a looming recession, the necesity is for wages growth to exceed the rate of inflation, acknowledging we are a 70% Plus Service Industry economy.

Indicative of economic performance is the ASX, in "Bear" market territory since 12 months ago (a lead indicator), unemployment is rising now past 6% with a transition from full time to part time and casual employment and Mastercard note the drop in consumer usage because of a significant fall in home wares purchases, indicative of pressure on house prices and incomes.

We have more than our total GDP borrowed on our houses (hence the pressure on bank shares) with the only saving grace being that the RBA has held Official cash Rates at 2% today.

And that is just for starters!!!

And Union members do not work!!!!

What a typically lazy, uneducated statement.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
jamesmc wrote:

how so ?
This is real life.
if that makes you feel better about seeing our prized recruit in this position all power to you.
thats not the point, you said the photo would make him regret his decisions, I said he probably respects working with those guys and happy to have a job....... what has that got to do with me feeling better ? Why would you say something like that? Do you normally think things through before you post ?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

yeah,

tradies and factory workers never hit the piss and drugs...

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

id prefer he was training and working on skills.... every day!!!!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:id prefer he was training and working on skills.... every day!!!!
I guess we all would but that isnt going to happen is it. He has opportunity to learn new skills outside of footy while he prepares for a comeback. well at least I can see the positives here.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

why cant he train?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:why cant he train?
he does..he catches the 6.30 to Flinders st.

To the top
SS Life Member

"tradies and factory workers never hit the piss and drugs"

Just as solicitors and executives never hit the piss or drugs.

Just as school kids from both the Private and Public education systems never hit the piss or drugs.

So was the son of the late Adelaide Coach a "tradie" or a "factory worker", hence his illness?

Fair dinkum!!!

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:yeah,

tradies and factory workers never hit the piss and drugs...
Richo said the company is a club sponser which is convenient to keep an eye on him and also feed across training/conditioning info. It also no doubt gives him a lot of flexibility so he could, for example, do some running in the morning before coming into work. Or maybe have a training day or two during the week. They will make it work for him. He won't be expected to keep in match fit condition but like after the off-season, you don't want him coming back totally out of shape. He'll have another full preseason to knock himself back to full fitness.