Paint TOMmorrow Red!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Paint TOMmorrow Red!

In memory of our dearly loved Eastern, I repeat here what I have posted on Facebook

"I only met Tom Grogan (and Wendy) once so I will leave it to others to describe the man himself. Suffice to say that my brief encounter leaves me in no doubt that the many glowing tributes I am reading are both 100% accurate and 100% heartfelt.

I interacted with Tom on social media and on a football forum called Saintsational. Tom was indeed a very passionate supporter of the Saints. We all think we are passionate, and to various degrees we are. But Tom went much further than that by coming up with constructive ideas to help the club and then actually doing something about getting them implemented.

I remember a few years back, around the time he was proposing the fans’ walk at Etihad, he offered some thoughts regarding Collingwood games. Noting that their supporters wore black and white, and that this combination also made up two thirds of our colours, he observed that the overall crowd had a very Collingwood look about it. This of course was only made worse by the vast numbers of their fans in attendance. To combat this, Tom proposed that all Saints fans wear predominantly red colours to such games to help balance out the colour palette of the crowd. Some forum members didn’t get it; but I thought it was such a simple, yet brilliant idea. Genius.

Ironically tomorrow the Saints play the Pies, and I for one will be redding up. Both in tribute to the great man Tom and also in support of the club that we all love so dearly.

And I would encourage all Sainters to do likewise."

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Re: Paint TOMmorrow Red!

Great post, Dr.

I'll have the whole family "red up" too.

I'd forgotten how controversial it was when he posted that, but I too thought it was a great idea.

Always loyal
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Great work Dr, well said.
I will be prob watching the game on delay but will camp in front of the goggle box wearing red and sinking a couple of Jamesons in memory of Eastern/Tom

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Good post.

Maybe time for a red labcoat? :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....